Silsbee 61 Port Arthur Memorial 80/FINAL

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

This is the hidden content, please

Final:

80-61. Game ended with 43.7 left due to travesty (multiple verbal altercations)

Why does this not surprise me. smh

On the court??  Wasn’t really anything up to that point.

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Final:

80-61. Game ended with 43.7 left due to travesty (multiple verbal altercations)

Why does this not surprise me. smh

Are you blaming Silsbee, Memorial or both.

A lot of contact both ways. Not a game you can blame on the refs imo. Silsbee got complacent and took, and also made, a ton of bad shots. Turned the ball over or missed layups in transition multiple times. Difference was field goal percentage in the paint. Silsbee was probably under 50% why Memorial probably shot somewhere close to 80% in the paint. 

Both teams will be perfectly fine in a few months time. 

IMO...It appeared that we were trying to force too many shots. I guess congrats to Memorial’s defense on that. Bush was off, Jordan and Devin couldn’t get hot. We had no answer for Memorial’s big man who seem to get lost around the free throw line. He made us pay for it a lot.There was no depth on the bench. It will definitely get better when the football players join the team later. This was definitely a learning experience. We will still be fine. Good luck in Dallas. GO TIGERS!!!

14 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Was this regular season or fall ball?  

Tigers will be fine.  It’s tough to play these types of game without being fully staffed.  Especially if you don’t have the ones you do have on their A games.  

I think they did good at limiting Devon’s strength in getting to the basket.  Bush couldn’t get going outside. Did hit a couple in the second half.  Adams wasn’t really off but did kind of get lost in the game for a stretch.  Tyler started off great and then disappeared as well.  As far as the bench,  I thought the fifth starter as well as the other three did pretty good.  They hit some big shots and made plays here and there.  They aren’t expected to be major contributors.  The problem was this being a first game and not being able to get any rest for that core group of 4. They ran out of gas. I don’t think any of them took a break.  This will pay off later in the year.