Silsbee 61 Port Arthur Memorial 80/FINAL

Silsbee started slow last season.  Everybody is or was in a euphoric stupor from winning back to back 4A titles.  This was a nice wake up call.  They will be aiight.  As has been said they got a really big target on their backs.  They had one last year so they have experience dealing with that.  Get the football players back. Gel as a team.  Get hot just before the playoffs.  It's going to be a good season, maybe even very special.

14 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Why are people acting surprised a basketball team from PA is good? It's been that way for nearly ever. Hopefully this game will wake them up.

Tigers gonna be in for a good beating next game unless they play close to perfect basketball. An 0-2 start is almost a sure thing.

PA b ball has been down up until last year.

Silsbee schedule is much much harder than last year. If they started 0-8 I wouldn't be concerned. Up next is the #2 ranked 6A school. They have a McDonalds Al American and top 10 player in the country!!! Calm down. Folks geez. I was there when we lost to Concordia last year in the opening game and the lost to Atascocita. Silsbee is good to go. 

I have to give props to Coach Sig for playing the game the fans (PA) for sure wanted to see. Much respect to the Silsbee program, I have to give them their due. They have been the premier program in the area and carried the mantle for the Golden Triangle the last few years. Being from PA it's always been easier to give the Beaumont schools (Hebert, French,BCP, Ozen and Central) respect because we played them on the regular. Silsbee was a district and playoff foe for only a short while,  but never really a yearly early season opponent that you looked forward to. Hopefully moving forward everyone (PA, Silsbee,WB, BU and HJ can get everybody on their schedule. Give the fans and the players what they want. 

59 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee schedule is much much harder than last year. If they started 0-8 I wouldn't be concerned. Up next is the #2 ranked 6A school. They have a McDonalds Al American and top 10 player in the country!!! Calm down. Folks geez. I was there when we lost to Concordia last year in the opening game and the lost to Atascocita. Silsbee is good to go. 

Coach Sigler & the team doing the same thing they did last season & the season before, getting battle tested for the 4A playoffs.  Hoops, myself & others have said it over and over this is a nice era for Silsbee but they and not a truly transcendent team, like Yates in '10, and some of those PA Lincoln teams back in the day.  Those teams would take on anybody, regardless of class & size and smash.   Win state in 4A again and nobody will care about this game.

Yates, D Carter, Lincoln, Wilmer Hutchins, Arglye, one of those Waco teams, & maybe one of two 4A sleeper teams  I don't know about, that's who you gotta beat.  Running the table in the 409 that's just pride.

5 hours ago, Champions said:

How deep are the tigers bench

When football is over and everyone settles in,  you will have Adams, Bush, McCain, Tyler and probably Martin starting.  Then you have Cartwright, Harmon, And Sells that put in quie a few minutes last year.  Then add Jatorian #23 that could be a big part of the team this year.  That puts us at 9 deep there.   Today 12 and Gilder as well as i believe his name is Jordyn that all put in some pretty good minutes today.  Throw in Turk, And Taylor from football and you have potential to be 10 or 11 deep if even a couple play up to what the coaches want.   Those four stayong on the court today may have gotten a little tiired today but it is only the first game and it will only pay big dividends later. The only thing about those players is the only size amongst the bunch is Jatorian.  

8 minutes ago, ST413 said:

When football is over and everyone settles in,  you will have Adams, Bush, McCain, Tyler and probably Martin starting.  Then you have Cartwright, Harmon, And Sells that put in quie a few minutes last year.  Then add Jatorian #23 that could be a big part of the team this year.  That puts us at 9 deep there.   Today 12 and Gilder as well as i believe his name is Jordyn that all put in some pretty good minutes today.  Throw in Turk, And Taylor from football and you have potential to be 10 or 11 deep if even a couple play up to what the coaches want.   Those four stayong on the court today may have gotten a little tiired today but it is only the first game and it will only pay big dividends later. The only thing about those players is the only size amongst the bunch is Jatorian.  

Cam White will big a big part of this team. He will be one of the first off the bench.