Fairclothe Going off at someone in stands

Stattrax

It was pretty evident that the guy has been doing this for awhile because Faircloth had enough. I know it happened right after Gavin got hurt. So not sure if the person was raising hell at Gavin or what. I thought for a minute he was talking to the black haired woman down there. But my wife said I doubt he would talk to a lady like that. I did feel prettt bad for Gavin though. Kid has been waiting to get back on the field and was playing well and then he messed his ankle up.

It’s gotta be very tough to be a coach at PNG. And I’m sure Faircloth has to have some very thick skin. As a coach your always going to have people not agree with everything you do. People need to think about what kind of coach are we gonna get when Faircloth leaves. People wanted Burnett gone because our offense was boring and non existent. Now we have a badass offensive coach and people want him gone because of the defense. He knows how to develope QB’s for sure and can match an offense to that QB’s strengths. Back when Faircloth first got here I always said if we can get a QB that can run and throw this offense would be scary. Well thats what you have now and thats what you will have the next 2 years. Most of the teams winning state or making deep runs have a QB that can run and throw. Our offense is having to play different players on the line and we keep scoring. Our line has been struggling and Faircloth just finds ways to move the ball. He has a great offensive mind. Hopefully we can keep him around for a while longer. It’s a tough job being a coach and I’m sure anywhere he goes there will be crap to put up with. I’m sure eventually he will land another job that will pay him more money. 

5 minutes ago, Eagle91 said:

It’s gotta be very tough to be a coach at PNG. And I’m sure Faircloth has to have some very thick skin. As a coach your always going to have people not agree with everything you do. People need to think about what kind of coach are we gonna get when Faircloth leaves. People wanted Burnett gone because our offense was boring and non existent. Now we have a badass offensive coach and people want him gone because of the defense. He knows how to develope QB’s for sure and can match an offense to that QB’s strengths. Back when Faircloth first got here I always said if we can get a QB that can run and throw this offense would be scary. Well thats what you have now and thats what you will have the next 2 years. Most of the teams winning state or making deep runs have a QB that can run and throw. Our offense is having to play different players on the line and we keep scoring. Our line has been struggling and Faircloth just finds ways to move the ball. He has a great offensive mind. Hopefully we can keep him around for a while longer. It’s a tough job being a coach and I’m sure anywhere he goes there will be crap to put up with. I’m sure eventually he will land another job that will pay him more money. 

You hit it on the head. The way Faircloth continues to find ways to move the ball an come out on top proves that he's doing his job well as a coach. Sure, people are going to say "running your qb 30 times a game isn't good coaching" but it would be ludicrous if he didn't utilize Shug in every possible way that he has available to him. 

54 minutes ago, ndn mom said:

The fan was trashing our players and it was obviously loud enough for them to hear on the sidelines. We were were up 40+ points there was no need for that! Faircloth was defending his team...good for him!

I wasn't there so I can't possibly know what was said or who it was directed towards, but my educated guess would be that, being up 40+ points, lots of subs should get a chance to play. This was probably the parent of a kid who was still on the bench. Hey, but what do I know?

My last post on the subject.

11 minutes ago, baddog said:

I wasn't there so I can't possibly know what was said or who it was directed towards, but my educated guess would be that, being up 40+ points, lots of subs should get a chance to play. This was probably the parent of a kid who was still on the bench. Hey, but what do I know?

My last post on the subject.

We were not up 40 at the time. It was in the second quarter. 21-0. 

Subs played most of the second half (midway through 3rd Q on).

6 minutes ago, ndn mom said:

I honestly didn’t remember when it happened but we were up the entire game by a good amount. At the end of the day there is no reason a fan should trash our players like that. 

That's ok. I think it had to be pretty bad for the HC to go after a fan. Never seen that before, but Faircloth has my respect for doing it. Guess that wasn't my last post. Lol

I think the whole team nearly played last night. 3 QBs. At least 6 different running backs. WRs were constantly changing out. Defense had lots of kids with no name on the jersey. My ONLY complaint is the playoff roster being sold is still from game one. We have multiple kids starting that are not listed but they sale them as updated in November. It is laziness to not take care of that then sale it as a new program. 

I was sitting 19 rows up and only keyed in on Faircloth halfway through, as I was paying attention to what was happening on the field when it started. And if it’s true that it was a fan berating a player at the sidelines, kudos to Coach Faircloth for putting him in his place.

Folks, at some point, we - as in, the PN-G fans - need to have a serious conversation - perhaps more appropriate for another site - about our conduct in the stands. As a lifelong PN-G fan who’s watched games in Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Atlanta and Austin over the last seven years, and has had to deal with the likes of Tennessee, LSU and Ohio State, I’m unnerved at things I’m seeing from our fans right now, especially as it relates to our own team.

Some of us are acting like spoiled brats, berating teenagers on our own side of the field like we’re not up 42-0 in a playoff game, and getting upset every time a high school defense gives up a play like it didn’t just score as much as its opposing offense in a playoff game. It’s also clear that we’re not really sure when we should make noise and when we shouldn’t. I was in the middle of the stands when we started the rumble while we were on offense at least three times against Nederland last week. Frankly, as much as it kills me to say this, Nederland’s crowd put us to shame several times. And just as importantly, we have hundreds of fans pouring out of the stands in the third quarter if we’re up by a large margin. My inner Nick Saban is particularly perturbed by that.

Ten years ago, when I was in band, we took all kinds of crap for not playing when the other team was on offense, not playing Cherokee loud enough, not paying enough attention to the game during the third quarter, not giving entertaining halftime shows and generally not contributing enough to the games’ atmospheres. I started commenting on these sites specifically to respond to a lot of those criticisms, and I specifically remember how much it affected other kids in the band. But we listened, and Wells has fixed all of that and then some. Our drumline is doing more to get the crowd involved before and during the game than most college drumlines these days. I also remember how critical people were of our student section back then. Our student section is now the most rabid (in a good way) in the area.

It’s time for all these fans that I’ve watched complain in the stands and on these websites for the last decade to take a hard, hard look in the mirror and work on their own in-game conduct. Let the coach worry about what’s going on down on the field; he’s doing a fine job of that right now. We need to figure out what we need to do in the stands to help the kids on the field out, not to make their lives more complicated.

Guest ECBucFan

I have the UTMOST RESPECT for Faircloth! How refreshing to see this!

Not every coach will support his players. Faircloth did and I so congratulate him. PN-G, you have a keeper in BF!  Don't let him get away!

Coach Faircloth has been nothing but class as a coach at PN-G he handles his self well and loves his kids. If what they are saying is true then it would have taken a lot for him to feel compelled to say something to a fan in the stands, more importantly, it would have had to be about someone other than himself. The man had to deal with complete and total idiots putting for sale signs in his yard. He handled himself well then. Coach Faircloth has won exactly 80 games at PN-G. Just shy of 70% of his games coached. He has won 5 District or Co-District Championships in his 10 seasons. he averages 8 wins per season that includes losing 7 in the only losing season he has ever had as a coach. He has made the playoffs 9 of 10 years as a coach. If we win next week it will be three straight trips in a row to the third round and the 4th out of 10 seasons for Faircloth. The 8th-grade class just won district for Port Neches. The 8th grade from Groves came in second tied with Nederland JH. Our 9th grade was district champions. The JV was also district champions. Our program is in good hands. Its hard to believe but he still for whatever reason has to deal with the old regime faction as well. though most have understood that they have moved on to better things we still have a few who blame Faircloth for that. Coach Faircloth is a great coach. Coach Faircloth is closing in on another record here at PN-G. He is 16 wins away from being the winningest coach in our 94-year history. He is third on the list now. 

30 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Was it Stevenash he was yelling at?? I could see this happening. 

Lol, yes, “back in the day”.  He’s mellowed out now.

No one should holler at the kids.  When I was a season ticket holder for 20 years, I hollered my share, but at Ref’s and coaches, not at any kids.  And shame on posters on this site who name players for what they consider bad play.  That’s a freaking no-no.  

20 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Lol, yes, “back in the day”.  He’s mellowed out now.

No one should holler at the kids.  When I was a season ticket holder for 20 years, I hollered my share, but at Ref’s and coaches, not at any kids.  And shame on posters on this site who name players for what they consider bad play.  That’s a freaking no-no.  

This WILL  get you in trouble as well......

4 hours ago, Eagle91 said:

It was pretty evident that the guy has been doing this for awhile because Faircloth had enough. I know it happened right after Gavin got hurt. So not sure if the person was raising hell at Gavin or what. I thought for a minute he was talking to the black haired woman down there. But my wife said I doubt he would talk to a lady like that. I did feel prettt bad for Gavin though. Kid has been waiting to get back on the field and was playing well and then he messed his ankle up.

I think I know who the person was. I don't know his name, but last year he was jacking with Gavin on the sidelines during the Crosby playoff game. He was a family friend of Gavin's from what he said, but he stayed on Gavin's behind the whole game and he had choice words for BF from the stands. I was sitting a row below him and the dude smelled like a brewery and was super annoying. Hopefully, if was the same guy BF put him in his place.

35 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I think I know who the person was. I don't know his name, but last year he was jacking with Gavin on the sidelines during the Crosby playoff game. He was a family friend of Gavin's from what he said, but he stayed on Gavin's behind the whole game and he had choice words for BF from the stands. I was sitting a row below him and the dude smelled like a brewery and was super annoying. Hopefully, if was the same guy BF put him in his place.

A 12 pack of loud mouths will do it every time.