West Orange Stark Mustangs vs Sweeny Bulldogs

MustangNation#1

1 hour ago, j_dog said:

I totally agree.  It is kind of scary actually as this year the tables are turned.  Jasper is carrying the ranking this time, and who knows, could be sent home.  That year Jasper had 4 losses going into district and the playoffs.  Similar record to Bellville this year.  Furthermore Jasper had lost to Liberty something like 0-48.  Bellville had beaten Liberty something like 24-0 the previous week.  According to the Beaumont Enterprise, Jasper had "no chance".  Final score Jasper 41-6.  Have to respect everybody. 

Know what you mean.Back in 1988 WOS was ranked # 1 I think and played Paris ( WHO ) for state.Question wasn't if we would win, it was by how much.They took us to the cleaners.You never know when that destiny thing going to bite you in the arse.lol 

Excited I get to see this game. I’ve only been able to make one game so far this season(Silsbee). Also nice the new house we moved into today is 10 miles from Texan Drive stadium. Lol No score predictions here but I feel WOS is finally starting to gel. No offense to Sweeny, but I’m not sure anyone in all of 4A has played a schedule like the Stangs...

1 hour ago, GUNHO said:

Know what you mean.Back in 1988 WOS was ranked # 1 I think and played Paris ( WHO ) for state.Question wasn't if we would win, it was by how much.They took us to the cleaners.You never know when that destiny thing going to bite you in the arse.lol 

Ennis in 2000 also. Weren’t we the #1 defense in the state? 

1 hour ago, GUNHO said:

And let's not forget the following year when they moved up to #1 in the state and got upset again.C.E king had a guy name Pete archy that done everything .at rice stadium. 

1 hour ago, kicker 2.0 said:

Ennis in 2000 also. Weren’t we the #1 defense in the state? 

Not sure but it was good.Never will forget that Cal Allen game that year.Cal had the lead and with just about 2 or 3 minutes left we had to give the ball back to them.All night long when they got the ball they kept it, it seemed like 6 to 8 minutes so guess what...I decided to leave to get ahead of the traffic.Was almost to Winnie when I heard on the raido WOS had won.I've never left a game sense, when we were in striking distance.lol

10 hours ago, j_dog said:

Hup, would you like to meet for lunch in Porter, perhaps around 11:30?  If so, perhaps others could join us if they wish.

That is assuming that there is an appropriate restaurant in Porter for a group.  Do you know a place?  Porter is much closer to your stomping grounds than mine.

Yeah, eating at 11:30 sounds good.  Several good choices in Porter.  I would suggest RC pizza, Chili’s or Gringos.   You choose and hopefully some Stang fans or others can join us. 

13 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

Yeah, eating at 11:30 sounds good.  Several good choices in Porter.  I would suggest RC pizza, Chili’s or Gringos.   You choose and hopefully some Stang fans or others can join us. 

Know nothing about Gringos.  Pizza sounds good.  Either is fine with me.  Please pick one.

25 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Gringo's is good but normally have long lines as not been open long. RC's is good and right in front of stadium. Buffalo Wild Wings opening soon but not by this weekend.

Let's do RC Pizza then at 11:30.  WOS fans come on by!  Just ask for Hup and j_dog.  Promise we'll be nice...

1 hour ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Man I'm a huge fan of pizza, but once u had Chicago and new pizza, it's like  texas bbq baby nothing else will do.

U mean the deep dish Chicago pizza?  Good stuff.  I agree.  Had a neighbor once from Chicago who made it for us.  but this is about visiting with friends......

2 hours ago, Hupernikomen said:

Sounds good jdog.   RC is right in front on the stadium in the new shopping center.   See you at 11:30.

Good.  See you at  RC pizza.  That is great that it is near the stadium.  Everyone is welcome if you see you can make it.  It would help if you do post if you are going to try to be there so we can give them a count.

I will be wearing a vertically striped maroon shirt, white pants.  Alternatively, look for an old man with a short beard.

3 hours ago, j_dog said:

Good.  See you at  RC pizza.  That is great that it is near the stadium.  Everyone is welcome if you see you can make it.  It would help if you do post if you are going to try to be there so we can give them a count.

I will be wearing a vertically striped maroon shirt, white pants.  Alternatively, look for an old man with a short beard.

Hup, I cannot bring up RC Pizza on the map at that location.  There is a different Pizza place (Pizza Cucinova), and RC NY Pizza over in Kingwood. 

Perhaps there is a new RC's by the Texan Drive Stadium that has not yet made it to Google Maps?  Or were you thinking Pizza Cucinova?   Please confirm which one.  ??