West Orange Stark Mustangs vs Sweeny Bulldogs

MustangNation#1

53 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

Sweeney played 3 teams above 500 all season and lost to one of them. People talk about how weak Jasper district is. I think sweeney's is worse.  Mustangs stampede Sweeney and advance.

3 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Don't know why it quoted Attitude also.Anyway.I been researching Sweeny and came to the same conclusions and they came close to losing to La Grange also.I know you can play a weak schedule and still be a good ball club as in Jasper's case, but Sweeny has failed to prove that when they played competition.Don't know if we stampede them but I like our chances.

3 hours ago, GUNHO said:

Don't know why it quoted Attitude also.Anyway.I been researching Sweeny and came to the same conclusions and they came close to losing to La Grange also.I know you can play a weak schedule and still be a good ball club as in Jasper's case, but Sweeny has failed to prove that when they played competition.Don't know if we stampede them but I like our chances.

I like yalls chances too but the Jasper person who posted sleep on Sweeny and the game they loss to Wharton they had 4 fumbles in a wet nasty game. Sweeny has just as much talent as any of the top 4 teams in this region trust me. Should be a good one. 

2 hours ago, dogs_21 said:

I like yalls chances too but the Jasper person who posted sleep on Sweeny and the game they loss to Wharton they had 4 fumbles in a wet nasty game. Sweeny has just as much talent as any of the top 4 teams in this region trust me. Should be a good one. 

Region 3 is wide open this year.You got two favorites in Jasper and Giddings but you still have WOS,Silsbee,Sweeny and dark horse Liberty that can get it done as well.That should be down to four this weekend,we'll see who is left standing.

2 hours ago, JagMarine95 said:

Greg Tepper has really forgotten about West Orange Stark. He picked Sweeny to come out on top in his DCTF picks.

Lol , he really dont see the adjustments that has been made by CT. I knew a few of our kids wasnt getting it. Even after losing one of our LB for the year. And the yards they gave up to jasper and silsbee.and I can admit I didn't kno if this could be fixed.some how he CT dug deep to find a combination that would work.greg tepper sounds like he looks at scores and guess from there.im not guaranteeing anything. But 2 teams in this region could win it all.jasper,cuero are gud.especially cuero with J.whittington who is probably the best player in 4A.i can assure u if W.O doesn't turn the ball over they're gonna be very hard to beat !!

It’s a good thing that Tapper is not rooting for WOS this season because, he is usually wrong on some of his picks anyway. We will be fine if the Mustangs play above their coaches’ expectations and are mindful of external factors such as the referees who can cheat for teams they want to see in the playoffs JMO.

2 hours ago, Hupernikomen said:

Hey J_dog, I am going to these two games as well.  See you there.

Hup, would you like to meet for lunch in Porter, perhaps around 11:30?  If so, perhaps others could join us if they wish.

That is assuming that there is an appropriate restaurant in Porter for a group.  Do you know a place?  Porter is much closer to your stomping grounds than mine.

3 hours ago, GUNHO said:

Great read.I thank Bellville was a winner that day also.Pure class.

I totally agree.  It is kind of scary actually as this year the tables are turned.  Jasper is carrying the ranking this time, and who knows, could be sent home.  That year Jasper had 4 losses going into district and the playoffs.  Similar record to Bellville this year.  Furthermore Jasper had lost to Liberty something like 0-48.  Bellville had beaten Liberty something like 24-0 the previous week.  According to the Beaumont Enterprise, Jasper had "no chance".  Final score Jasper 41-6.  Have to respect everybody.