West Orange Stark Mustangs vs Sweeny Bulldogs

MustangNation#1

2 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Might be a low scoring game. Sweeny's defense has been salty all season and WOS will have its hands full. This one's hard to predict. 

Hate to tell u this bulldogs92 this is totally different team that yall faced. Region 3 is gonna catch the blues no matter who they play.sweeney is gud against the run but a healthy cooper,sibley and now #4 has them looking totally different. It's no looking ahead.its all abt the task at hand.

Been watching Sweeny this season and because of their weak schedule I'm not sold if they were that good.They were scoring a lot of points but when they played a competitive team they struggled somewhat and La Grange gave them a scare last night.So with the stable of running backs, a much improved passing game and a defense that's looking more like the chain gang I fell very confident that we take this one.

U know gunho listening to game Friday continue to show me what I stated on another post.why I said since 2011 when he took over that this has been CT best coaching year.doesnt have a stud at QB.or stud LBS,or DLine with an average DBs.but watching the struggle of his team from the beginning til now.even the details of offense.i even was smdh late in the year with the jasper and silsbee games.but if anyone truly has been paying attention to the actually players that has been playing.he has truly reached a point where if water boy would help them win.he would put him in.so as a football fan of the game.ppl really need to see that he would play anyone on either side of the ball to get a win.and that's what's making them dangerous this year.not saying they can't lose but whoever they play will be playing a desperate team. 

WOS chain gang defense has gotten stronger in the nik of time. Sweeny scored on mistakes from LaGrange. They(Sweeny) did not score in the second half. Lep's ran out of time to get the win. Sweeny's fans are loud as well as their band so they will bring energy. I'm hoping that our fans will show up and show out on next Friday afternoon. Let's Go Stangs!

1 hour ago, Jasper Fan said:

Game will be a lot closer than the predictions i am seeing. WOS in a close one 34-27. Hopefully WOS pulls it out so we can see a rematch of the bulldogs & mustangs. Bulldogs are much improved since that game and thats without Hunt playing. WOS better come with their A+++ game or else it won't be too much of a match. 

Mustang's should only focus on 1 game at a time.  Experience has taught us that, Sweeny will be next up not Jasper. Nice try though.

Well there were two # 4 seeds that beat district winners,Gilmer over Sunnyvale 38-24 and Llano over Hondo 21-14.Sunnyvale came in 9-0 Gilmer6-4 but the other two were both 6-4 so I guess that's not a upset.Stay focused guys...you never know.

Jasper fan sounds like your trying to convince yourself.lol

1 hour ago, GUNHO said:

Well there were two # 4 seeds that beat district winners,Gilmer over Sunnyvale 38-24 and Llano over Hondo 21-14.Sunnyvale came in 9-0 Gilmer6-4 but the other two were both 6-4 so I guess that's not a upset.Stay focused guys...you never know.

Nothing to convince myself of. Jasper won last matchup 34-24(should've been 42-24 we kneeled at the 1). Now that WOS have a few wins under their belt this season you guys are back to acting like no one can beat you. Times have changed and the tables have turned. Jasper is no longer the underdog so if you guys want to knock us of you must bring your A game or else its not a close game. 

1 hour ago, GUNHO said:

Trust me he is. Jasper doesn't exist to CT  til after 5pm next Friday. U can only concentrate on the team in front of u. If u worry abt a team that's 2 wks away. A team will get upset.

5 minutes ago, dj said:

Trust me he is. Jasper doesn't exist to CT  til after 5pm next Friday. U can only concentrate on the team in front of u. If u worry abt a team that's 2 wks away. A team will get upset.

Trust me i understand this. You dont win consistently by looking ahead. Simply doesnt work. This is just a hypothetical convo that has a high possibility. Anyway good luck on the game Friday still rooting for you guys to pull out the W. 

15 minutes ago, Jasper Fan said:

Nothing to convince myself of. Jasper won last matchup 34-24(should've been 42-24 we kneeled at the 1). Now that WOS have a few wins under their belt this season you guys are back to acting like no one can beat you. Times have changed and the tables have turned. Jasper is no longer the underdog so if you guys want to knock us of you must bring your A game or else its not a close 

I don't believe that, we got beat in the sc and was manhandled by u guys, Crosby and newton and can very well happen again. So not all wos fans think like that. As far as I'm concerned we still struggling to play 4 quarters of mustang football, so until we do. Beating a worthy opponent may not be possible. 

2 hours ago, Jasper Fan said:

Nothing to convince myself of. Jasper won last matchup 34-24(should've been 42-24 we kneeled at the 1). Now that WOS have a few wins under their belt this season you guys are back to acting like no one can beat you. Times have changed and the tables have turned. Jasper is no longer the underdog so if you guys want to knock us of you must bring your A game or else its not a close game. 

I don't think times have completely changed 

Either team would make me nervous. If Sweeny's defense is as good as they've shown, that will be a tough game for us. Any game against WOS makes me feel the same way. It's all about matchups on a given night. Any of these games can go sideways really quickly with penalties and turnovers. Best of luck to both teams this week. I hope Jasper can play well and get a shot at either of these teams...

Just a few observations coming into this game:

1. I was impressed by the speed of WOS overall and really the speed of our skill players last Thursday. It was nice to finally get a dry, turf field.

2. Speed aside, all WOS fans need to remember that Huntington was not very good and we can't put much stock into that blow out.

3. Sweeny has played a weak schedule. Only 4 teams with a winning record and 3 of those barely winning. I feel certain had WOS played the same schedule we would be 11-0 and probably leading the state defensively. You can only play the teams on your schedule, but you cannot ignore how the lack of quality teams plays into their record and stats. I think the tight game against a 6-4 LaGrange proves that fact.

4. During the season, the Bulldogs have only played 1 team with similar team speed to WOS and that was Wharton, who they lost to.

5. WOS will need to tackle, play good run defense and our Cornerbacks are going to have to start competing on these jump balls everyone we play is throwing at them. If we get a PI or two, so what... They are going to get us for a couple no matter what we do. Maybe if they know we'll compete they'll stop trying. We do that and we should be good.