PNG vs Lindale @ NRG

Indianforever

2 hours ago, bigdog said:

5A II Region 3 is a murders row.  Huntsville, Manvel, A&M Consolidated,Marshall all still in along with the MC teams.  Some of that will sort itself out but  whoever gets out of this region will be battle-tested.   And then they will probably have to face Aledo in the finals.

There's two Marshall's that are good. Marshall from East Texas and FB Marshall. Both are 5a D2 Region 3.

PNG is home team for our game.  I found out today that Nederland is visiting team for their game.  Their fans will be on the opposite side that PNG will sit on for our game.  I am not changing sides so there will be a lot of purple fans cheering for the Bulldogs, on the Marshall side.:)

35 minutes ago, RoschonsBigBro said:

Most of my dad's side is from East Texas. None of them think Lindale can score with PN-G. 

My father-in-law is a Longview native and currently lives in Henderson.  He is in agreement with your fam on this one.  Lindale can score the football but not explosive like Shug and the boys.  Their defense is suspect as well (ours has been this way at times this season but playing better as of late).  I think our D steps up, creates a couple of turnovers, and we capitalize on those.  I look for the teams to feel each other out early, but then PNG putting the pedal down and not stopping.

34 minutes ago, RoschonsBigBro said:

this thread is boo boo that came out extra moist and has steamed in the sun for 3 hours

Image result for thumbs down baseball fan gif

Here, I'll get everyone riled up: [Insert generic comment: "Roschon isn't as good as anyone thinks/Faircloth should be fired/ipad/defense is bad/why does he have so many carries per game?"] That's about all the hot buttons, I think. 

11 minutes ago, The Real Mavfan said:

I do think PNG comes out on top but this game could be closer than most believe. Lindale is our districts version of Nederland with a better passing game. They arent flashy or super athletic but they are disciplined and well coached and play tough.

With all due respect I don’t think your district is nowhere near as talented as ours

BUT since you brought it up lets take a sneak peek at the comparisons. Im gonna use info from Maxpreps since they rank every team in the state.

Line up our teams ranked top to bottom in each district (our #1 vs your #1, down to our #8 vs your #8) and our district has 5 out of 8 teams ranked higher. We also have the top ranked team out of the two districts (Marshall ranked 3rd in 5a d2, PNG ranked 11th). Taking an average ranking of all 8 teams in each district, our district teams average 32nd while yours ranks 36th.

7 minutes ago, The Real Mavfan said:

BUT since you brought it up lets take a sneak peek at the comparisons. Im gonna use info from Maxpreps since they rank every team in the state.

Line up our teams ranked top to bottom in each district (our #1 vs your #1, down to our #8 vs your #8) and our district has 5 out of 8 teams ranked higher. We also have the top ranked team out of the two districts (Marshall ranked 3rd in 5a d2, PNG ranked 11th). Taking an average ranking of all 8 teams in each district, our district teams average 32nd while yours ranks 36th.

Oh man, you're in trouble now.  If you start throwing out current stats and rankings to these SETX guys, you're going to get told about championships and games won before any of our grandparents were even born.