PNG vs Lindale @ NRG

Indianforever

3 hours ago, The Real Mavfan said:

I do think PNG comes out on top but this game could be closer than most believe. Lindale is our districts version of Nederland with a better passing game. They arent flashy or super athletic but they are disciplined and well coached and play tough.

After watching Hudl, I concur. I thought the same thing. They look a lot like Nederland. This game could sneak up on us. I think the odds are better for us but a consistent team can reek havoc. 

5 minutes ago, badndn said:

Just looking at the defensive numbers for Lindale tells me they are not Nederland comparably. Dogs defense outside our game was stout. Lindale, much like PNG before the defense got it going, won a lot of shootouts. 

I concur Lindale has given up 30+ points in 8 out of their 11 games this year it’s not going to surprise me if PNG scores 50+ in this one 

4 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I concur Lindale has given up 30+ points in 8 out of their 11 games this year it’s not going to surprise me if PNG scores 50+ in this one 

Don’t get me wrong, it could be another shootout for PNG. Seen our boys come out on top a lot in those games, but CS ended PNG seasons last two years in shootout s. Proud of the effort the PNG defense has given against the playoff teams this year in the last 4 games (Santa Fe, BHill, Nederland and Northside). We’re essentially in round 5 of playoffs when you factor in our end of season schedule. 

9 minutes ago, badndn said:

Don’t get me wrong, it could be another shootout for PNG. Seen our boys come out on top a lot in those games, but CS ended PNG seasons last two years in shootout s. Proud of the effort the PNG defense has given against the playoff teams this year in the last 4 games (Santa Fe, BHill, Nederland and Northside). We’re essentially in round 5 of playoffs when you factor in our end of season schedule. 

I don’t think Lindale has the talent to keep up with PNG the 3rd round will be a different story 

17 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Ok going over the highlights I noticed in one game a QB who could run and throw a little bit. He was not the player Roschon is. This kid ran very well against Lindale. He hurt them the whole game. I believe that Our O will be above to move the ball on them.

Thats was very likely Marshalls QB

14 minutes ago, NDNation said:

I posted this little clip from Lance Edward on the Smoaky forum (had to brag on RJ).  One fan said their QB does stuff like this a lot. Defense has to really bring it this game. Hope they make a statement and shut him down.

Boy Wonder doing what he do!

1 hour ago, indianforever said:

PNG holds Lindale to 24 pts....defense is playing some ball right now 

PNG Defense giving up 24 per on year and in the last four games all versus playoff teams giving up 12 ppg. Any word on #31 Barber. I know he left game Friday night. Good CB. Outside of possibly him the D should be healthy. Now the O, thats a different story. Deslatte is out again. PNG misses him in backfield. Takes some of the load off of Shug. Noticed 79 Burt still out and I know 74 Garth out for year. 

No doubt District 9 is a good district, but I don’t see it better than District 12.  Marshall’s close loss to Carthage is very impressive, and they & Lindale both won their playoff games, as did Nederland & PNG.  But the other two teams from D-9 got b-slapped, while one team from D-12 was close to beating Manvel until the turnover bug killed them in the 4th quarter.  Plus Lindale got donkey stomped by 5-5 Pine Tree 56-28, who didn’t make the playoffs.  Also, Lindale beat Montgomery by 14.  D-12 had two teams that beat Montgomery worst than that.  Vidor beat them by 28 and Barbers Hill by 21.  So regardless of any numbers from MaxPreps, no one can convince me that as a whole, D-9 is better than D-12.

But as one of the D-9 faithful pointed out, all the above means diddly-poo.  It all boils down to the games Friday.  This one “should” be a high scoring affair, with PNG winning by two TD’s minimum, but in reality, you never know.  Scalp’em Indians.

Safe travels to all, and no injuries to any players.