Nederland vs Marshall at NRG

navydawg31

Looking forward to the PN-G and Nederland games at NRG.  Against Marshall, Nederland will do what they have been doing for the past 25 years:

1. Worry about the things the Dogs control; block out all of the other noise.

2. Play solid defense.  Keep everything in front of you; don’t give up a big play or cheap TD.

3. On offense, establish the line of scrimmage and run north/south.

4. When opportunities are there, throw the ball downfield and make a big play.

5. Limit mistakes/penalties.

When Nederland plays its style, they are in every game until the end and they usually have a shot to win.  Over the past two decades, Nederland has won a lot of games when everyone said, “You’ve got no shot.”  See the LaMarque game at NRG when the Dogs played outstanding defense and Micah Mosely ran wild.  See Nederland beating Pearland Dawson in OT six or seven years ago.  And, I’ve seen too many Ned wins vs. PN-G when I thought the Indians had the better talent.

Looking forward to Nederland playing well and using its style of football to have a shot at the end.  Don’t listen to the outside noise.  Worry about what you control and play good defense.  That worked for Larry Neumann and Delbert Spell for a long time.

See you at NRG.

Go Indians.  Peace.

16 hours ago, Brubaker said:

indian4ever, you a 2 decade long broken record... and you skip, and you play the wrong song most of the time.  

I just like to have fun on here...nothing personal...few years ago when Nederland played Georgetown at the berry center I was the one who had my truck decorated black and gold and sat in the stands and cheered the bulldogs on..its all for fun

6 minutes ago, chorizo said:

Not a bad draw,it’s the playoffs,this is what you want!Lose to better teams or upset them!!!Do or die!!

Yes, true.  I'm a firm believer in you play who you play in bracket play.  Play the tough team now it later, you gotta see them.  I hope I'm wrong and your boy and Nederland pulls off the upset though.  I'm in the same situation as you, the last ride for your football senior.  

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yes, true.  I'm a firm believer in you play who you play in bracket play.  Play the tough team now it later, you gotta see them.  I hope I'm wrong and your boy and Nederland pulls off the upset though.  I'm in the same situation as you, the last ride for your football senior.  

As long as they give 100% it’s all good,,getting beat by a better team is never hard to swallow!!!

I was impressed with #1 this past week. He has improved everytime he has stepped on the field. Wish we had a healthy tailback or gave the freshman more carries.  I think our coaches can come up with a good game plan this week and hopefully we play smart disciplined football.  Have fun Dogs. Hopefully you Seniors will extend your career into another game next weekend.

Go Dogs!

On defense we gotta hold containment, and get pressure. Linebacker spy on the QB Carthage did that and worked out. Seems they do most damage with him getting flushed out of pocket and scramble. They didn’t wrap up very well on defense and over persuit a bunch, they didn’t like someone coming hard down hill that’s where we miss Scott a lot, we gotta have some long time consuming drives and get touchdowns. Don’t get ourselves in a bind and make it 1st and 20 cause of a hold. Pick up critical 3rd downs as well as stop them on 3rd downs. 

The Bulldogs always seem to rise when a team is athletically better then them. Coaches ask more from the kids and they always respond. The boys know what’s in front of them, up to them to go out. Play your hearts out dogs any giving day anyone can beat anyone. 

Hello Nederland Bulldogs we are looking forward to a great football game between the Mavericks and Bulldogs. It is always great to play a team we have never seen before, I hope your team is as healthy as can be expected this time of year. Marshall always wants the best you can field! Win or lose we both should be proud because right now many teams are finished for the season. The Mavs have a great fan base but I’m afraid this game being at 4pm on a Friday and 4 hours away will not allow so many to attend. I assure that Coach Mathis will have the team fired up for a great game. Good luck to the Bulldogs and we pray that everyone coming from you town has a safe journey to and from NRG Stadium!

GO MAVERICKS!

On 11/18/2018 at 8:17 AM, 1989NDN said:

Looking forward to the PN-G and Nederland games at NRG.  Against Marshall, Nederland will do what they have been doing for the past 25 years:

1. Worry about the things the Dogs control; block out all of the other noise.

2. Play solid defense.  Keep everything in front of you; don’t give up a big play or cheap TD.

3. On offense, establish the line of scrimmage and run north/south.

4. When opportunities are there, throw the ball downfield and make a big play.

5. Limit mistakes/penalties.

When Nederland plays its style, they are in every game until the end and they usually have a shot to win.  Over the past two decades, Nederland has won a lot of games when everyone said, “You’ve got no shot.”  See the LaMarque game at NRG when the Dogs played outstanding defense and Micah Mosely ran wild.  See Nederland beating Pearland Dawson in OT six or seven years ago.  And, I’ve seen too many Ned wins vs. PN-G when I thought the Indians had the better talent.

Looking forward to Nederland playing well and using its style of football to have a shot at the end.  Don’t listen to the outside noise.  Worry about what you control and play good defense.  That worked for Larry Neumann and Delbert Spell for a long time.

See you at NRG.

Go Indians.  Peace.

There should be a comma between “defense” and “and”... It’s a compound sentence.

...thought you might appreciate that.

8 hours ago, James Mosley said:

How about #1 at QB and #11 at RB. Think that might add a surprise they aren't ready for!! Our defense is going to have theirs hands full and then some.

Been screaming that all season long. No one wants to acknowledge the job #1 has done. They wouldn't have been district champs without him and they wouldn't have won last week without him. It's crazy to me that no one wants to admit that he's the right decision to have at quarterback. 

1 hour ago, MavGramps said:

Hello Nederland Bulldogs we are looking forward to a great football game between the Mavericks and Bulldogs. It is always great to play a team we have never seen before, I hope your team is as healthy as can be expected this time of year. Marshall always wants the best you can field! Win or lose we both should be proud because right now many teams are finished for the season. The Mavs have a great fan base but I’m afraid this game being at 4pm on a Friday and 4 hours away will not allow so many to attend. I assure that Coach Mathis will have the team fired up for a great game. Good luck to the Bulldogs and we pray that everyone coming from you town has a safe journey to and from NRG Stadium!

GO MAVERICKS!

Welcome to the board! I graduated from East Texas Baptist University in Marshall. On weekends when I didn’t come home, I would go and watch the Mavericks play. They were awesome back then and remain so today. The fan base for the Mavericks remind me a lot of PNGs. TOTAL support for their team. Safe travels! See you at NRG!

On 11/17/2018 at 11:09 AM, PABorn said:

He needs to be moved to Runningback. Both him an #1 should be on the field, especially since they are beat up at the RB position. 

Great Idea. Don’t know if we should make that kind of change at this stage of the game.  Pardon the pun.  

Found out today that Nederland is the visiting team in their game.  Their fans will be on the opposite side that PNG will sit on for our game.  I am not changing sides so there will be a lot of purple fans cheering for the Bulldogs, on the Marshall side.:)

Tear 'em up Nederland!!!

This should be a really good game. Nederland fans are going to greatly outnumber ours due to travel distance but we typically travel fairly well. A little info about the Mavs for those that are interested. #4 JJ Green is a junior D1 recruit dual threat qb in his 2nd season as the starter. We have 3 D1 recruited wrs in senior do it all #1 Tahj Washington, senior #2 Dekendrick Bender and junior #3 Savion Williams. Our rbs are by committee between 3 different guys. We run a balanced spread offense and try to let JJ take what opposing defenses are giving. The OL is young and not overly huge but have done a better job as the season has gone on. The defense is led by senior LB #6 Brevin Randle and senior S #5 Champ Mathis. They are an aggressive bunch which leads to alot of sacks and turnovers but can be open to the big play. Its my understanding that Nederland is a well coached, disciplined, tough scrappy group that is going to bring it. So i am expecting a battle!