Beaumont West Brook Bruins vs Strake Jesuit Crusaders 2.0

4 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

What position is he playing?  I remember him from his days with the Bulls...

He's a RB. Its obvious he has some talent. Looks like he played his Sophomore year at Tomball in Houston and ran for almost 1600 yards and 13 tds

That's according to 247 Sports

Also i looked at a slide show from the Jesuit game. Its a shame I didn't go as i live 12 or so miles away from that School

#14 Yowman did play in that game as well when I looked at the pictures

Class 6A, Division II 
Region III
Beaumont West Brook vs. Strake Jesuit, 7 p.m. Friday, Abshier Stadium 

Rematch! Like Huntsville, Strake Jesuit (10-1) is in rare air, with double-digit wins for the first time in its UIL history, and now it’s trying to make it to the third round for only the second time. But first it must beat West Brook (9-2) a second time this season. The two teams met in Week 2, with the Crusaders winning a shootout 55-40 at home. QB Michael Hansen threw for 266 yards and two TDs, RB Dylan Campbell rushed for 216 yards and four TDs and RB Michael Wiley had 138 yards on 27 carries. Campbell and Wiley both are well over the 1,000-yard rushing mark on the season, with 39 combined TDs, and Hansen has 26 TD passes to only two INTs. RB Robert McGrue (147-1,430, 26 TDs) leads the Bruins’ offense.

2 hours ago, 2kajun said:

This game wiil be determined by WB Defense,  I hope the coaches is smart enough to change thier game plan from the first meeting.  Because SJ gash them up the middle with the run! 

Does Brook have anybody on Defense going D1? I looked at the Jesuit scouting report and they look strong on offense 

#81 WR Nathaniel Beal 6'5" 205 (Iowa State) 691 yds 8 tds

#87 TE Thomas Gordon 6'5" 230 (Northwestern) 532 yds 9 tds 

#12 QB Michael Hansen 6'3" 200 (2226 yds 26td)

#21 RB Michael Wiley 5'10" 165 (Arizona) 1569 yds 19tds

#23 Dylan Campbell 5'11" 190 (1294 yds 17tds)

Head Coach is Klay Kubiak. Son of Gary 

6 minutes ago, Kowboy98 said:

Does Brook have anybody on Defense going D1? I looked at the Jesuit scouting report and they look strong on offense 

#81 WR Nathaniel Beal 6'5" 205 (Iowa State) 691 yds 8 tds

#87 TE Thomas Gordon 6'5" 230 (Northwestern) 532 yds 9 tds 

#12 QB Michael Hansen 6'3" 200 (2226 yds 26td)

#21 RB Michael Wiley 5'10" 165 (Arizona) 1569 yds 19tds

#23 Dylan Campbell 5'11" 190 (1294 yds 17tds)

Head Coach is Klay Kubiak. Son of Gary 

Looks pretty loaded like the St. Pius team we played at the beginning of the year.

On 11/21/2018 at 8:18 PM, Kowboy98 said:

He's a RB. Its obvious he has some talent. Looks like he played his Sophomore year at Tomball in Houston and ran for almost 1600 yards and 13 tds

That's according to 247 Sports

Also i looked at a slide show from the Jesuit game. Its a shame I didn't go as i live 12 or so miles away from that School

#14 Yowman did play in that game as well when I looked at the pictures

Yeah, JaKobi is a very special player. He wasn’t being treated very fairly in my opinion this year in Tomball after they went from more of a read option scheme with a very very mobile qb last year, to an air it out attack this year. His carries went way down. He actually contemplated coming back to Beaumont earlier but they convinced him to stick around only to continue doing the same thing. Didn’t make much sense to me because he was starting to get letters of interest from Texas, TCU, Baylor, UH just to name a few. Up until last year, he played basketball for me since he was 12. Very well mannered, great kid, and one hell of a RB.

On 11/20/2018 at 3:39 PM, 82 5A State Champs said:

Talk about Jakobi Holland, 5GallonBucket.

Like what others have said he had over 1000 yards as a sophomore at Tomball.   Very good rb.  Better footwork than the others. And knows situational football.... get the 1st down first.  In my opinion he could be the starter Nothing against mcgrue.... mcgrue is very good.  That’s just how good I think jakobi is.  He ll also be on the varsity basketball team. An  All around athlete.

Hopefully, the defense will show up to play, and we utilize all the weapons we have at our disposal, on offense. This would be a great win for the kids, and our program. Like i said, I'm prayong Peevey has a good game plan in place, and the outcome is different, this time. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best, but I've got my doubts WB can win this. From a historical standpoint, this is a classic game in which the Bruins lose.

Nobody is giving WB defense a chance. I went to one game this year (NS)

As I was walking in the stadium, Zach Evans had just broke lose for a 70 yds run (exaggerating a tad bit) 

From conversations with people I know they may be the weak link. Hopefully some fried turkey and dressing today will have them boys ready to ball out tomorrow. If it’s not raining I’m there. If it is raining Texan Live will be utilized 

On 11/22/2018 at 9:00 AM, 5GallonBucket said:

Like what others have said he had over 1000 yards as a sophomore at Tomball.   Very good rb.  Better footwork than the others. And knows situational football.... get the 1st down first.  In my opinion he could be the starter Nothing against mcgrue.... mcgrue is very good.  That’s just how good I think jakobi is.  He ll also be on the varsity basketball team. An  All around athlete.

Unfortunately for WB unless something dramatic changes, he won’t be playing basketball.