Beaumont West Brook Bruins vs Strake Jesuit Crusaders 2.0

59 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Dumb question maybe but why is a Catholic private school in the UIL playoffs? When did this change?  

I could be wrong but both Dallas and Houston Jesuit have been in the UIL since 2010 re-alignment.  And since they have no attendance zone, they are in the largest classification no matter their enrollment

2 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

I could be wrong but both Dallas and Houston Jesuit have been in the UIL since 2010 re-alignment.  And since they have no attendance zone, they are in the largest classification no matter their enrollment

100% correct. They petitioned to be in UIL knowing that they would have to play in 6A with a lower enrollment.

My question is, why aren't they classified 6A DI? I thought they had to play in highest enrollment class and division?

21 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

100% correct. They petitioned to be in UIL knowing that they would have to play in 6A with a lower enrollment.

My question is, why aren't they classified 6A DI? I thought they had to play in highest enrollment class and division?

I was told just highest enrollment class, Didn’t matter about division 

14 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

Strake has played in UIL 6A formerly 5A since the late 90s when they were banned from TAPPS. 

Dallas Jesuit has also been banned from TAPPS and been playing in UIL since 2004 if not slightly earlier.

You're all wrong to some extent. Both Strake Jesuit and Dallas Jesuit were the first private schools allowed to join the UIL in 2004. They competed in the TCIL until it ceased to exist in 2000. Both schools played as independent schools from 2000-2003 as TAPPS refused to allow them in due to having too large of an enrollment compared to all other private schools in the state and the UIL refused them due to having neither restrictions on recruiting nor a geographically specified attendance zone. They petitioned the UIL and were allowed in starting with the 2004 season but they are required to play in the largest classification. Since 6A doesn't divide into a division 1 and division 2 until the playoffs they are allowed to play in the division 2 playoff bracket if they qualify as they had to compete with larger schools in district competition during the regular season.

This is the hidden content, please

42 minutes ago, Goblin said:

You're all wrong to some extent. Both Strake Jesuit and Dallas Jesuit were the first private schools allowed to join the UIL in 2004. They competed in the TCIL until it ceased to exist in 2000. Both schools played as independent schools from 2000-2003 as TAPPS refused to allow them in due to having too large of an enrollment compared to all other private schools in the state and the UIL refused them due to having neither restrictions on recruiting nor a geographically specified attendance zone. They petitioned the UIL and were allowed in starting with the 2004 season but they are required to play in the largest classification. Since 6A doesn't divide into a division 1 and division 2 until the playoffs they are allowed to play in the division 2 playoff bracket if they qualify as they had to compete with larger schools in district competition during the regular season.

Okay, I got the date wrong but the bottom line is, since they have no attendance zones, they have to compete in the largest classification.  At 1st, they had to play Katy ISD schools for a while.....

22 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Yes

Ok, so they have seen him before. I was thinking Yeoman started. My next question is, is Peevey planning on throwing the entire kitchen, not just the kitchen sink, at them? I feel like we're going to have to run every trick play, flea flicker, halfback pass, double reverse, statue of liberty play, and everything else to catch SJ off guard, to have a chance to win. We need to pull out all the stops. 

2 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Ok, so they have seen him before. I was thinking Yeoman started. My next question is, is Peevey planning on throwing the entire kitchen, not just the kitchen sink, at them? I feel like we're going to have to run every trick play, flea flicker, halfback pass, double reverse, statue of liberty play, and everything else to catch SJ off guard, to have a chance to win. We need to pull out all the stops. 

That I do not know.   But I would believe so no sense in saving anything

5 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Scoring points won't be an issue. Whether the defensive game plan stays aggressive and get some stops will determine the outcome. I think the Bruins pull out a win here.