Week 12 Games

PhatMack19

8 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Saturday night, rejected Big 12 expansion candidates UCF and Cincinnati will play in primetime on ABC while Big 12 incumbents Texas and Iowa State play in prime time on Longhorn Network.

This is the hidden content, please

Thing about that is, there will be more viewers watching the Texas/Iowa State game on the Longhorn Network than watching the UCF/Cincinnati game on ABC.

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Does “our time” include the current players?   I would put LeBron in that conversation.   And Zion Williamson is the best athlete I’ve ever seen period.  Ever. 

I wouldn't. Those guys are both freaks on the hardwood, but c'mon Hoops. Mid-late 80's Bo is something we'll never see again with the MLB contacts being guaranteed. Dude was one of the top 3 RBs in the NFL and arguably the best CF in MLB... AT THE SAME TIME! 

The next time LeBron hits a 95mph fastball 450 ft, I'll eat my hat.

1 hour ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

I wouldn't. Those guys are both freaks on the hardwood, but c'mon Hoops. Mid-late 80's Bo is something we'll never see again with the MLB contacts being guaranteed. Dude was one of the top 3 RBs in the NFL and arguably the best CF in MLB... AT THE SAME TIME! 

The next time LeBron hits a 95mph fastball 450 ft, I'll eat my hat.

Deion played in both leagues as well.  Hell, Dave Winfield got drafted in all 3 leagues.  If you don’t think LeBron could have been in Canton one day had he chose football, I think you’re kidding yourself.   And Zion could put on 20 lbs and be the best athlete on any football field, PLAYING LEFT TACKLE.  Why do the kids choose basketball?   I’d like to say career longevity and not putting their lives on a crash course with CTE.  But the truth is, the great ones sign shoe deals worth more money than a Hall of Famer’s career earnings in the other sports.  That’s before you get into super max contracts.   

As for hitting a 95 mile per hour fastball into the cheap seats, I present to you Exhibit A.  

John Kruk

I rest my case.  

Deion Sanders was a nice piece in Atlanta, no doubt. But he was no Bo Jackson on the baseball field. And the rest of that is speculation at best. I bet you thought Jordan and Tebow were going to the big leagues too, huh? Hell, the Big Hurt could've done the same but was smarter than Bo and left football after his years at the Barn.

My point was that he was the last of the Mohicans in that regard even though Deion played both sports more recently. Due to the guaranteed contracts, there isn't a GM in either league that would allow a star player to get his brains beat out in football.

Bo Jackson left no speculation for us to debate, he proved it at the highest level and was All Star level in both leagues.

7 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Also, John Kruk was Wade Boggs on Krispy Kreme and Budweiser.

CC Sabathia

David Wells

Cecil Fielder

Mo Vaughn

I wasn’t talking about baseball.  If you don’t think LeBron or Big Zion could have been elite in football, well...okay.  

I’m sure Bo can’t hit a golf ball like John Daly either.  So if basketball guys can’t play baseball like Bo is your argument, okay.  Bo also probably couldn’t keep from being put on a poster, in his prime, by either of those guys.  I was merely saying from a pure athletic standpoint (I.e., athleticism), most of that isn’t found on a diamond anymore.  

Which may be why the recent World Series, played by two of the league’s most storied franchises in two of its bigger markets, finished right behind Seinfeld reruns in the tv ratings...

14 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

CC Sabathia

David Wells

Cecil Fielder

Mo Vaughn

I wasn’t talking about baseball.  If you don’t think LeBron or Big Zion could have been elite in football, well...okay.  

I’m sure Bo can’t hit a golf ball like John Daly either.  So if basketball guys can’t play baseball like Bo is your argument, okay.  Bo also probably couldn’t keep from being put on a poster, in his prime, by either of those guys.  I was merely saying from a pure athletic standpoint (I.e., athleticism), most of that isn’t found on a diamond anymore.  

Which may be why the recent World Series, played by two of the league’s most storied franchises in two of its bigger markets, finished right behind Seinfeld reruns in the tv ratings...

Bull crap! Bo could suck a golf ball through a garden hose! Oh wait...