Barbers Hill 42 Manvel 62/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, Eagle82 said:

Holy cow....I just saw on MaxPreps that we had 500yds against Manvel with our backup-backup QB.  Granted, he had a rough 3qtr, but to come in and throw for 455yds...great job #12.  Now, if we could have figured out how to have stopped their 591yd outburst and redo the 3rd qtr....LOL.  Man, that 3Qtr killed us...other than that, we matched them!  Great job BH this year for a team that many didn't expect would be in the playoff hunt, you patched things together pretty well with some key backups!!

Looks like u may have your qb of the future

4 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Deep runs? I think they might want to start with just a SINGLE playoff win at some point. Like the good 'ole days just a few years ago on the Hill.  

I agree. But there are a lot of very good teams that would have lost to manvel in the first round. Just an bad draw for Barbers Hill

14 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Deep runs? I think they might want to start with just a SINGLE playoff win at some point. Like the good 'ole days just a few years ago on the Hill.  

I just wish Sterling could make the playoffs 7-4 and first round loss to Manvel sounds a lot better than 2-8 from where I sit. good job BH, maybe at realignment in 2 seasons we will play y'all. 

2 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

BH didn't "expect" to be in the playoffs? OMG, half the teams make the playoffs. What exactly does BH expect then? 

Fellow Chambers County fella...no, we always expect to be in the playoffs, for the most part.  After the merger of 21/22 5A, most in the 22-5A, 21-5A, and many in these smaller classification wrote the Hill's chances off.  They said with PNG, Ned, Vidor, Crosby, Dayton, and even Santa Fe coming from that hellacious district, that we would be competing to stay out of the cellar with the likes of Lee (and didn't they surprise some people, us included).  As the year progressed, it wasn't so much being at the bottom, but finishing just out of playoff contention.  No, I and most Eagles don't like squeaking into the playoffs in 3rd and atop the old 21-5A, but being competitive with the likes of PNG, Nederland, Crosby, Dayton and even Manvel last night is damn sure a step in the right direction.  I am old enough to remember when EC and BH were the same classification, that EC couldn't stay on the field with BH...back when 1 team went to the playoffs.  Yay for EC, you won handily last night, keep it up!

Great game BH... Kids showed plenty of heart and determination. That young QB is nice. TBH I think the Coach put the game on his shoulders and he only made a couple of mistakes. Personally, I see one of the INT's as the WR's fault by letting the DB take the ball from him. With that said, be proud of those kids they are warriors.