Beaumont United 66 Port Arthur Memorial 28/FINAL

I will be there for all 3 games tonight.  Memorial started the year out with a 69-23 win over Beaumont Kelly before dropping 2 straight to Baytown Sterling 54-39 and Beaumont Legacy 55-41.  United has started the year off 2-0 with a 44-24 win over Fort Bend Clements and a 72-11 win over Houston St. Pius.

9 hours ago, MhsTitans said:

I would love to say on a good day united isn't 38 points better than this titan team but I would not be telling the truth. 

I understand. Maybe it was due to them playing on the road.  Maybe it was due to the bigs for each team having some bad blood between them.  United will do that to a lot of teams this year.  That was my first time getting to see Varsity last night.  Their starting 5 is pretty salty yet young.  Good luck to the Titans the rest of the year.

No excuse for them they just flat out didnt show up from the coaching to the big which is my sister. I can understand you not having a good night on the offensive side but grab some rebounds play some defense. Now as far as the offense no plays was run to get your best player open. You know your guards not the best in the world but you continue to run the offense through them. 

I was at the game as well.  United is young, but the Big has a great you h on the inside.  United's guards do Olay good on the ball defense, but Memorial's issue is NON of the guards can dribble good.  You'll turn the ball over against anyone when your backcourt can only dribble with one hand and has no quickness off the ball. 

I will say this.  The one girl that hit the 2 consecutive 3, can shoot that ball.  I agree.  Some plays should've been ran for her to get her open.  Memorial will need shooting like that when district starts.  .

Ash for United is the most dominant female post player in the area, she dominates the paint and the boards, guards are able to get her the ball and she takes advantage of her size and strength. Guards for United are young, but quick and know how to dribble and eliminate the turnovers.

Julia for PAM is probably more of a Forward who is more of a finesse player l, but will bang when she needs too and because of her height is forced to play the post player and by the sound of it the guard play is having a difficult time getting her the ball. For whatever reason, every time we match up against PAM the guards play lights out and feed Julia for 20+, lol.

19 minutes ago, OneChance said:

Ash for United is the most dominant female post player in the area, she dominates the paint and the boards, guards are able to get her the ball and she takes advantage of her size and strength. Guards for United are young, but quick and know how to dribble and eliminate the turnovers.

Julia for PAM is probably more of a Forward who is more of a finesse player l, but will bang when she needs too and because of her height is forced to play the post player and by the sound of it the guard play is having a difficult time getting her the ball. For whatever reason, every time we match up against PAM the guards play lights out and feed Julia for 20+, lol.

Spot on. For this team to be successful Julia will have to take on more of a point forward role. She automatically draws a double team when she go down low and they cant get her the ball. If she plays more on the perimeter it will space the floor more like they did in aau.