The Hill vs Manvel

BUDMAN

18 hours ago, CCbigfan said:

So am i not allowed to have an opinion sheesh, calm down dude, enjoy your win against crosby bro, we're not going to commit suicide here in crosby over a loss. we will find another qb and be back on yalls a$$ for another ten years lol

You guys just spend time getting your district together and then come back next year worrying about beating BH. Until then we will enjoy the but kicking we gave y’all and we will enjoy the playoff game Thursday night.  If you need a ticket I have an extra one for you to come watch!   

14 minutes ago, BH4EVER said:

Yep you are correct. We will beat them with 15 behind the center!!  He should of been there all along anyways!!!!!!!!

Now this is what I like seeing and/or hearing! When we can debate between two QBs as to who should be the starter.... So if anyone has any fears leading into the playoffs regarding our QB status, just know this #5 was our starter, #15 in many eyes should have been our starter!!

Best of luck Manvel 

5 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Only thing gonna stop Manvel this year is Marshall. They Roll. 

56-28 Final. 

Manvel is solid! It will be a hard nose up hill battle. The Hill will have to hit hard and fast... Special teams will need to make big plays and catch Manvel off guard. Our D will need to remember what it felt like the first half with Vidor and multiply that by 10 - HARD Running right down your throat. Our D will need to recall what it felt like with Crosby and Lee busting around the ends - Like a FLASH gone to the end zone! Our offensive line will need to hold back a hard rush and keep their heads. Zero turnovers or call it the game. Passing will need to be on target and no dropping passes. only flags we need to see is on Manvel. If we see a chink in their D we go at it until they can stop it. and then go at it again...  Crosby you guys played them with all your top players you know its not going to be an easy win for any team.. BUT it can be done.....

Glad to see the Eagles in the playoffs again and hope we can build on this going forward. Eagles know they are big Underdogs against Manvel and can just go in and play their hearts out. To win BH has to be perfect while Manvel has to have an off game with turnovers and inopportune penalties. Goodluck to the Eagles hope you go in there and shock the State!

21 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

I think back to when PNG played Manvel when Manvel was New. PNG played great hanging with Manvel, but Manvel pulled away late. This reminds me of that year. Same with Ned a few years back. I was at both of those games. Try to play keep away and hope for turnovers.

Yes that is true

On 11/12/2018 at 5:00 PM, NDNation said:

Calpreps:
[2018] Manvel (TX) 38, [2018] Barbers Hill (Mt. Belvieu, TX) 34

Yall can make up that 4 points somewhere! :)

They will need an Ipad lmao

On 11/13/2018 at 7:02 AM, BUDMAN said:

Now this is what I like seeing and/or hearing! When we can debate between two QBs as to who should be the starter.... So if anyone has any fears leading into the playoffs regarding our QB status, just know this #5 was our starter, #15 in many eyes should have been our starter!!

Best of luck Manvel 

On 11/12/2018 at 4:56 PM, Eagle82 said:

Obviously I am a Homer, but for the Hill to beat Manvel, even a "Less-than-Manvel" Manvel team, they will have to play better than they played against PNG and Santa Fe.  Our run defense is pretty dang salty, especially on the edges...our secondary...that's an entirely different story.  PNG at our lunch with a strong passing QB, Santa Fe did too.  If our D plays like those 7 or 8 minutes in the 3rd against SF, then we have a chance.  Other than those few minutes in the 3rd, we looked like any ol 3rd or 4th place district team.  Obviously, I'm pulling for the Eagles...Eagle Proud and I hope we go with #15 QB.  He seemed much more confident when he was in the ballgame to me and it looked as though the offense responded well too.  Nothing against #12, I just think the team seemed to respond better...couldn have  just been that night, who knows.

Interesting way to look at it.. What did Lee rush for again?

16 minutes ago, GCMNation5 said:

Interesting way to look at it.. What did Lee rush for again?

lol GCM trying to talk about run defense, I don't think any of us Baytown schools should be critiquing a playoff team. BH is 7-3 none of us (Baytown) have a winning record obviously they are doing something right that we are not. I don't think anyone expects BH to win but that doesn't mean they didn't have a great season.  

21 minutes ago, Loyal Ranger said:

lol GCM trying to talk about run defense, I don't think any of us Baytown schools should be critiquing a playoff team. BH is 7-3 none of us (Baytown) have a winning record obviously they are doing something right that we are not. I don't think anyone expects BH to win but that doesn't mean they didn't have a great season.  

I'm from the Hill.. I can critique all i want lol..   

42 minutes ago, BH4EVER said:

One trick pony. Not going to lie that dude is good but without him y’all are just like the rest of the district!  

We are almost always near the top of the district. Always have one of the top offenses and we were beating BH long before Shug came on the scene. Got a good QB coming up next year. Get ready.

Barbers Hill has a really nice balanced offense this year, and their defense gets better every week.  I would not be shocked if BH upset Manvel.  The only thing that would throw off that prediction is if Manvel's team speed is just too much. If they're able to straight man them up in the back end all night, it will be tough for BH to run the ball.  I have not seen one snap of Manvel this year, so this is all speculation.

Hope the Eagles fly high!!!