Mark Richt has retired. Manny Diaz new head coach

king

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Lukethadrifter said:

I beg to differ partner.......not a loser. Bad recruiter? Maybe, but not a loser by definition. 

171-63 record

11-6 in bowls

Richt is a great recruiter. Look at all the talent he had f Georgia. You think they would of made the championship if Richt was coach last year? He will not hire an oc. His runs plays off 95 madden. He fails to show up in big games besides the Notre Dame game last year.

we just thrashed Pittsburgh and Pitt is going to the acc title game.

Richt is a winner at the game of life.  One of the best men in CFB coaching by all accounts. Product of one of the all time greats, Bobby Bowden.  Another guy who couldn’t win the big one...until he did.  Like another Bowden disciple, Mack Brown.  Who couldn’t win the big one...until he did.  I hope Richt one day gets over the hump too.  Always good to see good things happen to good people.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2018 at 3:32 PM, TxHoops said:

Richt is a winner at the game of life.  One of the best men in CFB coaching by all accounts. Product of one of the all time greats, Bobby Bowden.  Another guy who couldn’t win the big one...until he did.  Like another Bowden disciple, Mack Brown.  Who couldn’t win the big one...until he did.  I hope Richt one day gets over the hump too.  Always good to see good things happen to good people.  

I Liken Richt. I just don’t think he is the man to coach at Miami. Give him another year and see how he does.

some people just don’t fit at a certain school. Charlie Strong would be perfect at Miami but just can’t fit into Texas 

7 minutes ago, king said:

I Liken Richt. I just don’t think he is the man to coach at Miami. Give him another year and see how he does.

some people just don’t fit at a certain school. Charlie Strong would be perfect at Miami but just can’t fit into Texas 

Don’t disagree about Strong.  I think the U would be a perfect fit for Charlie.  

• 2 weeks later...

Now that this tumultuous season is over, finally. I have officially moved Mark Richt on the hot seat after tonight’s disgusting performance. 

I’m not ready to say he needs to be fired, but boy does he have his work cut out for him. You coach for your Alma mater. A place where the brand sells itself. You took this team to as high as 2 in the country last year and locked in the #8 recruiting class in the nation and you follow it up with this...

If I’m the AD, I’m putting him on notice. Fix this or get out. You cannot waste another good year of defense with a bad offense. 

defenses get worn down when you keep going three and out. 

This team is returning a lot of young, stellar talent and you simply cannot waste it.

10 hours ago, king said:

Now that this tumultuous season is over, finally. I have officially moved Mark Richt on the hot seat after tonight’s disgusting performance. 

I’m not ready to say he needs to be fired, but boy does he have his work cut out for him. You coach for your Alma mater. A place where the brand sells itself. You took this team to as high as 2 in the country last year and locked in the #8 recruiting class in the nation and you follow it up with this...

If I’m the AD, I’m putting him on notice. Fix this or get out. You cannot waste another good year of defense with a bad offense. 

defenses get worn down when you keep going three and out. 

This team is returning a lot of young, stellar talent and you simply cannot waste it.

Maybe a Brand created in the 80’s was not built to last. 

Problem with Holgerson and Leach is recruiting.  That is the toughest state for recruiting because you have 3 schools that any given year could be the best of the bunch.  Can Holgerson or Leach win enough to satisfy Cane fans with USF or UCF talent?   I would hire Charlie and hope he hires the right coordinators.  Or hire him and the coordinators.  I think he wants that job so bad he’d agree.  

33 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Problem with Holgerson and Leach is recruiting.  That is the toughest state for recruiting because you have 3 schools that any given year could be the best of the bunch.  Can Holgerson or Leach win enough to satisfy Cane fans with USF or UCF talent?   I would hire Charlie and hope he hires the right coordinators.  Or hire him and the coordinators.  I think he wants that job so bad he’d agree.  

Leach would be perfect. All that south Florida speed would love to play for him

1 hour ago, king said:

Leach would be perfect. All that south Florida speed would love to play for him

He’s a different kind of dude who has trouble relating to kids sometimes.  Absolute genius though.  That’s why he’s consistently won with 2-3 stars.  But he struggles with recruiting because he’s going to be himself.  Talked to a kid that ended up at Texas several years ago that was a top 10 OL in the state (4 star kid).  He had Tech ties but said Leach freaked him out.  Told me he was in Leach’s office and Leach opened a mini fridge that was stocked wall to wall with Red Bull’s.   Then, according to this kid, talked for at least 15 minutes about Red Bull without taking a breath.  I’m sure we would have all been rolling and enjoyed every word.   Sometimes to 18 year old kids, he just comes across as weird.  

27 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

He’s a different kind of dude who has trouble relating to kids sometimes.  Absolute genius though.  That’s why he’s consistently won with 2-3 stars.  But he struggles with recruiting because he’s going to be himself.  Talked to a kid that ended up at Texas several years ago that was a top 10 OL in the state (4 star kid).  He had Tech ties but said Leach freaked him out.  Told me he was in Leach’s office and Leach opened a mini fridge that was stocked wall to wall with Red Bull’s.   Then, according to this kid, talked for at least 15 minutes about Red Bull without taking a breath.  I’m sure we would have all been rolling and enjoyed every word.   Sometimes to 18 year old kids, he just comes across as weird.  

I would love to drink some beers and talk about life with the guy 

2mdf5sg.png

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I would love to drink some beers and talk about life with the guy 

This is the hidden content, please

I spent some time with one of Matt Campbell’s players this afternoon.  Said Leach went out of his way after the game Friday to come to the Iowa St locker room to compliment him on the game and congratulate him on his season.  He also said they spent some pre-game day time with the WSU players.  He said a lot of them said Leach was the weirdest dude they’ve ever met and, ironically, they were telling him about that picture. 

I’m also w huge Pirate fan and would love to have dinner, or even better, a few drinks with the guy.  He would be way up there on my list.