Houston Northside@PNG

Indianforever

Roschon is a once in a generation talent. It would, frankly, be stupid of any coach not to recognize and utilize that to its fullest potential. Likewise, Roschon can’t win the game alone, and he hasn’t been. Roschon can throw the ball. But it’s Proenza who catches it for the game winning touchdown against Crosby, and Weunschel who catches it and goes for 15-20 yards after catch against the vaunted Nederland defense.

Yes, Roschon has run the ball a lot. He’s also been forced to run the ball a lot the last few weeks as we’ve had more penetration into the offensive backfield with two of our starting offensive linemen out. And when he’s done so, he’s taken what would be sacks for any other quarterback and turned them into gains of 2-5 yards at a time, or he’s found a hole in a defense that’s dropped back into coverage and gone 46 yards for a touchdown after a much needed interception by a much improved PN-G defense. That doesn’t take away the opportunities that Dae Dae and Jalen Williams have exploited for big plays when they’ve been there. It just means that we’ve exploited the opportunities opposing defenses have given us, and there are certain opportunities we’ve only had because we have the kind of dual threat quarterback that Roschon is.

Football is a team sport, and this PN-G team is the best we’ve had in a long time. Like any other team, this team does what it takes to win, and sometimes that means that certain players have to make sacrifices so that other players can execute what the team needs executed to put points on the board. That’s life, and it’s a good lesson to learn in high school. Roschon can only do as well as the team around him allows him to, and that’s why they get to lay claim to a team win every bit as much as Roschon does when the clock on the scoreboard hits 00:00.

Having this kind of debate doesn’t do anything but create and expand division on that team and in the fan base. We have a playoff game to win, and for the first time in a long time, we might realistically have a state title in the mix. This is not the time to have this kind of division. Y’all keep that in mind.

Scalp ‘em, Indians.

Lets be real, I'm pretty sure that Shug didn't care if he carried the ball 80 times in that game. He was determined to win. He didn't tire out, he didn't shy away from contact. He went beast mode and ran people over. I mean, if I was BF and seen that, I would have done the same thing. As I have stated before, there is way too many Grant Tisdale's in Texas. Without these video game numbers Shug has, he would not be on the top of everyone's radar. Like it or not, he got the job done, and I'm pretty sure, he didn't give one complain after MCM about overuse. So for little Johnny's momma and daddy..... I wish the whole family a

CLOWNERIFIC DAY

1 hour ago, Stattrax said:

Lets be real, I'm pretty sure that Shug didn't care if he carried the ball 80 times in that game. He was determined to win. He didn't tire out, he didn't shy away from contact. He went beast mode and ran people over. I mean, if I was BF and seen that, I would have done the same thing. As I have stated before, there is way too many Grant Tisdale's in Texas. Without these video game numbers Shug has, he would not be on the top of everyone's radar. Like it or not, he got the job done, and I'm pretty sure, he didn't give one complain after MCM about overuse. So for little Johnny's momma and daddy..... I wish the whole family a

CLOWNERIFIC DAY

You need to seriously let it go.

No game is a gimme. PNG needs to execute our basic offense & save the flash plays for later this playoff season. PNG must score & score & score again.  Total defense, total offense, total effort every play of every playoff game. Only way to advance is to have confidence in your talent & play to your full potential.  Love those Indians!!!

Houston Northside is the old Jefferson Davis HS, which lost 80 games in a row during the eighties and nineties.  HISD renamed Jeff Davis to Northside in 2016 or 2017 and made it a magnet school for Hotel and Restaurant Management.  PN-G should win by a wide margin.  The Panthers will have a few athletes, but they will not have depth.  They have the same kids playing offense, defense, and special teams.  The Indians should have the advantage with size, depth, #2, and throwing the ball all over the yard.  PN-G should control the line of scrimmage and wear out Northside.  I would be surprised if the Indians did not jump out quick and have a mixture of reserves playing in the 3rd Q or 4th Q.  Northside is more competitive in World Cup futbol and baseball.  Fun fact:  Former alumni of Jeff Davis nka Northside: Kenny Rogers (country music singer), Slater Martin (NBA), and Carl Crawford (MLB).

PN-G 42

Northside 14

4 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

Houston Northside is the old Jefferson Davis HS, which lost 80 games in a row during the eighties and nineties.  HISD renamed Jeff Davis to Northside in 2016 or 2017 and made it a magnet school for Hotel and Restaurant Management.  PN-G should win by a wide margin.  The Panthers will have a few athletes, but they will not have depth.  They have the same kids playing offense, defense, and special teams.  The Indians should have the advantage with size, depth, #2, and throwing the ball all over the yard.  PN-G should control the line of scrimmage and wear out Northside.  I would be surprised if the Indians did not jump out quick and have a mixture of reserves playing in the 3rd Q or 4th Q.  Northside is more competitive in World Cup futbol and baseball.  Fun fact:  Former alumni of Jeff Davis nka Northside: Kenny Rogers (country music singer), Slater Martin (NBA), and Carl Crawford (MLB).

PN-G 42

Northside 14

Sounds like there won’t be anymore frustration once shug is done after the 3rd quarter. 

12 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

PNG has two give me games till round 3. Probably get Lindale round 2, then the beast round 3

There are no give me games.  Any Day, Any Time, Any Team can beat another.  Especially if they think they are playing an easy opponent.  Total Effort, 100% of the time, is the only way to enter the playoffs.  Play like you are playing the #1 team in the state & that every play is your last play.  This mentality is the only way to win!

28 minutes ago, png9mon said:

There are no give me games.  Any Day, Any Time, Any Team can beat another.  Especially if they think they are playing an easy opponent.  Total Effort, 100% of the time, is the only way to enter the playoffs.  Play like you are playing the #1 team in the state & that every play is your last play.  This mentality is the only way to win!

That's the rah, rah stuff. The first 2 rounds are bye weeks for PNG. Lol