Houston Northside@PNG

Indianforever

6 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

I hope PNG holds the gas pedal down till the last whistle blows. Would love to see DaeDae fet some touches. Kid is just being wasted not letting him get a chance to shine. Should be a great game to let him have a chance.

I would like to see them let all of the offense get some plays. The last couple of weeks have been frustrating for those kids on the field. 

2 hours ago, ndn mom said:

I would like to see them let all of the offense get some plays. The last couple of weeks have been frustrating for those kids on the field. 

FRUSTRATING???? The TEAM just won those games. I don’t care what team or what coach you are if you have RJ, you are going to utilize him to the fullest!

4 hours ago, OneChance said:

FRUSTRATING???? The TEAM just won those games. I don’t care what team or what coach you are if you have RJ, you are going to utilize him to the fullest!

6 hours ago, ndn mom said:

Sure is frustrating winning football games, a share of the district championship and earning a favorable seed in the playoffs. Yeah, frustrating is a good word for that.

9 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I was just gonna ask about Northside.  

Well, Manvel and Marshall are really good teams.  Isn't this the same Marshall with the electrifying QB?

I agree Manvel and Marshall are very good teams (State Title caliber). But after the top three in that district the rest have a history of quick playoff exits. I wondered when they put out the new districts if the week in week out lack of competition would hurt Marshall, Manvel and Willowridge going forward. 

Guess we will find out here this week. 

8 hours ago, OneChance said:

Exactly.....The run game with the exception of RJ just hasnt been there.......,It's no accident he scored all 5 times Friday night, you go with what works. He's the Bell cow, and Faircloth like any other HC is gonna utilize him. 

If Shug was the featured RB, would anyone complain that he got too many carries? Did people flip when JC got 35+ carries per game for PAM, Mosley for Ned or even Bertrand for PNG? NO, because the QB threw 10-20 passes a game so it felt like it was distributed. So PNGs featured back just so happens to be it’s QB. GET OVER IT. Shug has good vision, hits the hole quick and runs hard. Deslatte does same (injured). Conner does as well in the limited action I’ve seen, but he doesn’t have the experience that allows BF and company to be comfortable enough to get him more carries and pick up blitzes, etc. this late in season against (SF, BH and Ned) top three. Beyond that, well...Shug gets 25+ carries!

20 hours ago, badndn said:

Not very good. 69-0 loss to Manvel and 65-7 loss to FB Marshall also 43-22 loss to Willowridge. 

In their defense... FB Marshall is a straight track speed team and if you don’t have speed on the field to combat that you will probably lose to them. Manvel is decent and so is willoridge. But they shouldn’t be getting blown out. PNG at home should probably handle this one.

10 hours ago, OneChance said:

My point is that there is an entire team out there working hard and everyone acts like there is only one kid in the field. Roschon is great but it takes all of them to win a game. He can’t do what he does without help from those other kids. 

8 minutes ago, ndn mom said:

My point is that there is an entire team out there working hard and everyone acts like there is only one kid in the field. Roschon is great but it takes all of them to win a game. He can’t do what he does without help from those other kids. 

Every kid is appreciated and gets recognized. Not every kid can get all the glory. We as fans like to enjoy a player like RJ and what he has accomplished but that doesn't take away from the other kids. Plus RJ is super humble. There is no need to try and create a false division or animosity when there is not any

7 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

Every kid is appreciated and gets recognized. Not every kid can get all the glory. We as fans like to enjoy a player like RJ and what he has accomplished but that doesn't take away from the other kids. Plus RJ is super humble. There is no need to try and create a false division or animosity when there is not any

Not trying to create anything. I just know what some of the kids are feeling. Go check out twitter and see all of them responding to the “one man team” comments. None of this is on Roschon, that kid gives credit to his team every chance he gets. 

9 minutes ago, ndn mom said:

Not trying to create anything. I just know what some of the kids are feeling. Go check out twitter and see all of them responding to the “one man team” comments. None of this is on Roschon, that kid gives credit to his team every chance he gets. 

Understood. Probably best if the kids stay off Twitter if they are getting their feelings hurt. 

22 minutes ago, ndn mom said:

If a kid is frustrated on the Indians after beating Nederland because RJ got most of the touches and they didn’t, then those kids are not team players, if one of those happens to be your kid,?I would use it as a great teaching moment and teach your kid what hard work gets you, it gets you more opportunities than the rest. RJ didn’t get that many carries because he is naturally gifted. He got those many carries because he has busted his butt to get to that point since he was young.

8 minutes ago, OneChance said:

If a kid is frustrated on the Indians after beating Nederland because RJ got most of the touches and they didn’t, then those kids are not team players, if one of those happens to be your kid,?I would use it as a great teaching moment and teach your kid what hard work gets you, it gets you more opportunities than the rest. RJ didn’t get that many carries because he is naturally gifted. He got those many carries because he has busted his butt to get to that point since he was young.

There are a lot of kids out there busting their butts. It’s not about who gets the touches it’s about the whole “one man team” comments. Go back and read what you said...TEAM players. Every single kid on that team loves Roschon and appreciates him and none of them downlplay who he is or what he does. 

14 minutes ago, ndn mom said:

There are a lot of kids out there busting their butts. It’s not about who gets the touches it’s about the whole “one man team” comments. Go back and read what you said...TEAM players. Every single kid on that team loves Roschon and appreciates him and none of them downlplay who he is or what he does. 

I haven’t taken anything away from anybody, you stated boys were FRUSTATED! I’m only addressing that issue. Nobody and I repeat NOBODY on that team has worked HARDER than RJ, not saying they haven’t worked hard which I’m positive they have. If they are frustrated over just the label of “One man team” then the kids need to be informed that is just opposing fans being jeolous and wishing they had RJ on their team.