Lumberton vs Houston Wheatley

L-Train11

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

I know nothing about Wheatley, so I hesitate to comment on the possible score; however, I will say a turf field can only help the Raiders. But if Wheatley is 7-2, they must be doing something right. 

Hudl video is horrible but I can see they have an athletic QB and a solid defensive front. From what I’ve watched so far, they are pretty tough to run against. O line will have their work cut out but I feel there are things we can do to give them advantages. They do not protect the ball very well on offense and we should get our opportunities to create turnovers. Key will be to turn them into points. 

4 minutes ago, Coach #23 said:

Actually did get a better draw.  LOL  Away from Carthage & Midlothian.  But still probably Crandall in round 2

Henderson did lose thier starting Qb. That could hurt them. But hearing that Henderson run defense is good y’all probably would have to open the play book. 

17 minutes ago, LC-M said:

To be honest that’s really a slap in the kids and the coaches face imo. Anyone that walks into a game and wants to be loser is a disgrace to the sport. That’s just how I feel about it. 

I can tell you first hand those kids played to win. I talked to a couple LC-M coaches on the field after the game and there were quite a number of boys with their heads down either crying or upset. Nobody likes to lose. 

1 hour ago, LC-M said:

To be honest that’s really a slap in the kids and the coaches face imo. Anyone that walks into a game and wants to be loser is a disgrace to the sport. That’s just how I feel about it. 

I wouldn't call them a disgrace to the sport. You try to put yourself in the best position to go a far as you can in playoffs. Kids will always play hard but I have no issues with playing the 2's in a game that affects seeding. Work smarter not harder. Especially if the outcome doesn't hurt you AT ALL, let the benchwarmers play.

4 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I wouldn't call them a disgrace to the sport. You try to put yourself in the best position to go a far as you can in playoffs. Kids will always play hard but I have no issues with playing the 2's in a game that affects seeding. Work smarter not harder.

Well Lumberton was playing their starters against us. I believe to be the best you have to play the best. If you draw #1 or #2 team in the state first or second round  that's your chance to make a name for your self. At the end of the day if you avoid Cartharge on purpose that's sad. Lumberton would get them in the 4th round. Lumberton is the 4th seed and I think when playoff time comes around you need to be clicking on all cylinders Lumberton now has to face a number 1 seed in the first round. I would rather play the harder game in the playoff because we would have to beat Navasota, then play a stout Midlothian Hertiage team then the 3 round would be Carthage If we won those games It would be special because we took no short cuts and we  were  better prepared then just taking the easy way out. Coach Surratt would not shy away from another stout team to avoid imo