Crosby 30 Baytown Lee 28/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 hours ago, CCRed said:

The final was 30-28 Crosby.

Wowzy!  Did the financial situation cause this downfall to the Cougars?  If not, what else?  I know QB was hurt, but backup was doing a decent job at first.  Was it just a combination of things?  After y’all beat Manvel everyone (most everyone) figured y’all really had a juggernaut this year.  It’s a head scratcher to me, so I’d like your thoughts.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Wowzy!  Did the financial situation cause this downfall to the Cougars?  If not, what else?  I know QB was hurt, but backup was doing a decent job at first.  Was it just a combination of things?  After y’all beat Manvel everyone (most everyone) figured y’all really had a juggernaut this year.  It’s a head scratcher to me, so I’d like your thoughts.

Yes, I believe the financial situation disrupted the mindset of the team and entire community.  I think every school board member should be removed.  Yes, the QB getting hurt was a HUGE deal.  Howard is an amazing athlete and play-maker.  His biggest contribution was as a leader.  In all the games he played in this year, Crosby started slow, but the team knew they had a leader that could bring them back and never lost confidence.  That leadership was lost when Howard was sidelined.  Crosby became one-dimensional without any threat of a passing game or running ability from the QB position.  Crosby will be in for some tough years to come, we will see.  What coach would want to work at a district that made BIG budget cuts, personnel cuts, and probably won't see raises for a while ?  Many good people in all departments lost their jobs and lively-hood due to the stupidity of the past Superintendent, Comptroller, and current school board.  The first two mentioned are gone, and MANY in the community would like to see the ENTIRE board go with them.  

4 hours ago, CCRed said:

Yes, I believe the financial situation disrupted the mindset of the team and entire community.  I think every school board member should be removed.  Yes, the QB getting hurt was a HUGE deal.  Howard is an amazing athlete and play-maker.  His biggest contribution was as a leader.  In all the games he played in this year, Crosby started slow, but the team knew they had a leader that could bring them back and never lost confidence.  That leadership was lost when Howard was sidelined.  Crosby became one-dimensional without any threat of a passing game or running ability from the QB position.  Crosby will be in for some tough years to come, we will see.  What coach would want to work at a district that made BIG budget cuts, personnel cuts, and probably won't see raises for a while ?  Many good people in all departments lost their jobs and lively-hood due to the stupidity of the past Superintendent, Comptroller, and current school board.  The first two mentioned are gone, and MANY in the community would like to see the ENTIRE board go with them.  

Do you think the HC will be there next year?  I understand his wife was already laid off.

12 minutes ago, Red Boyou said:

Wait a minute, didn't a similar thread get locked when a non moderator asked  this type of question?

I don’t know.  Also I’m not spreading a rumor I am asking a question for an opinion. I believe it was a Crosby poster that mentioned that his wife was laid off.

30 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Do you think the HC will be there next year?  I understand his wife was already laid off.

In my opinion, I think he will leave.  Why would a coach of his caliber stay at a school that cut his athletic budget, laid off many of his staff, and not knowing what the future holds ?  I wouldn't stay.  

27 minutes ago, Red Boyou said:

Title of that thread was possible head football openings and it got locked JMO your question sure sounds similar. Page 4 by sheppardsdad

The difference being I’m not implying that he will leave I’m asking what you guys think.

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

So did Rio get his feelings hurt when his wife got laid off and maybe quit coaching like he was early in the year? If so, add that to losing the qb and it makes sense.

Im sure they’d love to have him over at Dayton!

No, I don't think he got his feelings hurt. He's not that kind of coach or person. Who knows, he might stay.  I'm just stating my opinion.  Who would want to stay ?

5 hours ago, Red Boyou said:

BIG difference there .... Gotcha Mr. moderator

Difference is you’ve got an isolated question on a Crosby thread about a single head coach, versus a whole thread of people making all kinds of assumptions with no valid reasoning. Imagine the can of worms that could open.

The fact that people are wondering about Riordan for next year has nothing to do with his coaching abilities, it has to do with the turmoil in Crosby. A whole different thing imo.

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

Difference is you’ve got an isolated question on a Crosby thread about a single head coach, versus a whole thread of people making all kinds of assumptions with no valid reasoning. Imagine the can of worms that could open.

The fact that people are wondering about Riordan for next year has nothing to do with his coaching abilities, it has to do with the turmoil in Crosby. A whole different thing imo.

Thread was locked because they didn't want rumors and speculation started, you don't think his question could lead to that? Guess sheppardsdad should have used the word opinion instead of rumblings.?...imo