Port Neches-Groves 34 Nederland 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

14 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

You mean more classy than actively cheating? :thinking:

Hell we took the forfeit over you clowns!!!! Good try!! Still didn’t help y’all!! Thanks for trolling, guess you have nothing better to do at this point.. MECCA wreckas!! Mid County Prevails... maybe get some iPads and y’all could win as well... We are doing a toys for tots event this month, I could put a pads for punks thing together If needed. Let me know!!!!

2 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

Teams with winning traditions take losses with grace, PNG does the same when the dogs win. Honestly though if we have to share a DC sharing with anyone else wouldn’t feel right. Iv got to many PNG friends to feel anyother way, the true bulldog nation will back this up. 

I agree I am a Dogs fan all but one week a year

15 minutes ago, indianforever said:

Very surprised on Nederlands lack of a pass threat...could make it difficult in playoffs being one dimensional on offense 

Wasn't one of our better nights throwing the ball but he did throw a touchdown..And over 50 percent completed. Losing Scott, and Mazyck being gimpy didnt help us throwing for sure. Run usually sets up the pass for us.

10 hours ago, Pride03 said:

Shug did what he does best. Every person in the stadium knew he was getting the ball but he couldn’t be stopped. The difference maker was our defense. They played Iike they were on fire and you could slowly feel the momentum shift as their confidence built. They had something to prove. All together, the Indians owned the night. Period.

That being said, the Bulldogs have had a great season so far. Not to discredit Neumann in any way, but Coach Barrow in my opinion was always the man behind the curtain. Hence the reason Nederland is still a force be reckoned with. Glad to see him at the helm. 

This win will be celebrated all weekend but come Monday mid-county goes into their post seasons pulling for each other. The best of luck to both teams. 

#MidCountyMecca 

His record is standing on its own merits already . It is a big jump when you follow a future legend and the mantle has been carried well . Kudos to his whole staff and team ! 

Indianforever, you mentioned, "Very surprised on Nederlands lack of a pass threat...could make it difficult in playoffs being one dimensional on offense." Well, I wasn't surprised.  If anyone views the past footages of Nederland's offense, they could easily see that the passing attack is not dynamic. Wow!  A Defensive Coach can easily prepare his secondary for the norm.  And in the playoffs that will happen.  Trick plays will get you a smidgen of an advantage in the playoffs but not to win the game. Ten & 15-yard routes are a mainstay with Nederland.  If you have a speedster WR that can be consistently sent in motion....like Pittsburg's Antonio Brown(AB), then why not utilize the WR for the sole purpose of getting him the ball and also for deceptive purposes in getting the ball to others. PNG's defensive backs were soooooo happy they weren't challenged! To say the least, the QB has to be willing to bomb the ball to the speedy WR.  Why? So the QB can look powerful and the WR can look powerful.  A bomb can change the perspective of the game.  It produces first downs, interferences, TD's and "fear" at the DB position. But also, the QB had to have been in sync with throwing the bomb during the whole season to make it work too.  It ain't never too late, though. {1,2,3....let it fly!!!}.  I'm sure the head coach will scheme a plan to make a ride to the state game. The AREA super bowl is over. Now, let's see if humble or true corrections can be made for the good of the team.  And if one individual has the coat tail that ALL can ride on then ALL can get the credit.  I've witnessed, in person, 4 state championship teams.  I know what I know.  I've seen Nederland.  They have a state team but certain humble beginnings must happen and certain behaviors must change.  If I were a gambling man, I would have made a bunch of money on MCM.  Again, the QB is the key.  Throwing 2 picks in MCM?!!  The QB's IQ MUST get better.  There's no room for envy, self or lack of knowledge.  Two-a-days ain't in November!  Remember, armchair QB's, scouts and recruiters are smart!    

24 minutes ago, BO DOG said:

Indianforever, you mentioned, "Very surprised on Nederlands lack of a pass threat...could make it difficult in playoffs being one dimensional on offense." Well, I wasn't surprised.  If anyone views the past footages of Nederland's offense, they could easily see that the passing attack is not dynamic. Wow!  A Defensive Coach can easily prepare his secondary for the norm.  And in the playoffs that will happen.  Trick plays will get you a smidgen of an advantage in the playoffs but not to win the game. Ten & 15-yard routes are a mainstay with Nederland.  If you have a speedster WR that can be consistently sent in motion....like Pittsburg's Antonio Brown(AB), then why not utilize the WR for the sole purpose of getting him the ball and also for deceptive purposes in getting the ball to others. PNG's defensive backs were soooooo happy they weren't challenged! To say the least, the QB has to be willing to bomb the ball to the speedy WR.  Why? So the QB can look powerful and the WR can look powerful.  A bomb can change the perspective of the game.  It produces first downs, interferences, TD's and "fear" at the DB position. But also, the QB had to have been in sync with throwing the bomb during the whole season to make it work too.  It ain't never too late, though. {1,2,3....let it fly!!!}.  I'm sure the head coach will scheme a plan to make a ride to the state game. The AREA super bowl is over. Now, let's see if humble or true corrections can be made for the good of the team.  And if one individual has the coat tail that ALL can ride on then ALL can get the credit.  I've witnessed, in person, 4 state championship teams.  I know what I know.  I've seen Nederland.  They have a state team but certain humble beginnings must happen and certain behaviors must change.  If I were a gambling man, I would have made a bunch of money on MCM.  Again, the QB is the key.  Throwing 2 picks in MCM?!!  The QB's IQ MUST get better.  There's no room for envy, self or lack of knowledge.  Two-a-days ain't in November!  Remember, armchair QB's, scouts and recruiters are smart!    

Very interesting take. Lets cut the hubbub. A D1 QB can take you far in the Texas state playoffs. I though Nederland did a good job of making PNG one dimensional. Man press most of the game, Cejas is our only burner. However PNG decided, to hell with the pass, and pulled lineman all night to perfection, and Nederland did not adjust. However, I do think what I made bold in your post, is nothing but a far exaggeration. Nederland does not have a Latulas to pluck anything out of the air. I thought Fernandez fought his butt off all night.

Stattrax, my ploy wasn't about Nederland's defense or one wide receiver from the past who was great going up and plucking a ball out of the air.......to credit the QB. Or, it wasn't about PNG winning the game. Or about how the QB didn't play his butt off.  It was simply about personal team attitudes that you have no idea about.  

1 hour ago, BO DOG said:

Stattrax, my ploy wasn't about Nederland's defense or one wide receiver from the past who was great going up and plucking a ball out of the air.......to credit the QB. Or, it wasn't about PNG winning the game. Or about how the QB didn't play his butt off.  It was simply about personal team attitudes that you have no idea about.  

PNG played a great game and deserved the win. They were the better team Friday night. 

For those of you wondering what was wrong with Ned Friday vs the rest of the season? It wasn’t the QBs fault, he played harder than anyone we have. The problem IMO is not having your Bell cow RB and his partner in crime playing injured. PNG stopped our RBs and forced us to throw more than we like. That’s not our game. Hopefully, Mazyck is healthy next week and we can stick with our game plan next week.

Congrats to PNG on staying patient, making some stops, and sticking with the game plan. We had no answer for Shug in the 2nd half!

In reality, if PNG had their running back, things could have been worse for Nederland.  I say that because, as it was, Ned only really had to TRY to stop RJ.  But if our RB was having a decent night, they would have to provide coverage for him as well, possibly providing more openings for RJ.
I just hope we can get healthy soon.  We really need that running game in the playoffs.