Splendora 55 Bridge City 13/FINAL

WOSgrad

On 11/10/2018 at 10:56 PM, BADSANTA said:

Cardinalbacker what happened?

Hell, I don’t know. 

That’s a lie... I do know.  We stink. 

You can’t blame any particular person or group. It’s been a disaster from the coach all of the way down to the kids who don’t even play.  

Normally I’d say something about next year, but I honestly can’t see anything to look forward to. 

2 hours ago, HAWK85 said:

All the say down to the kids who dont even play ...damn....blanket disrespect......how bout a lil support ....

Dude... I’ve said it before. Year in and year out we have athletes who don’t play football. You can see them on the sidelines, throwing prettier spirals than than the actual quarterback. Or maybe, like this year, you see the o-line coach’s kid (who obviously has the build) just hanging out on the sidelines because “he wants to focus on baseball.” It’s a tradition at BC to NOT play, but still hang around on the sidelines. Our sophomore starting tailback from last year didn’t play this year. Which is a bit more honest than the typical “shoulder injuries” that keep kids off of the field their senior year... the good news is that the shoulders aren’t so bad that they can’t raise their arms to put on their old fb jerseys and go to the pep rallies with their “team” and chill on the sidelines during games. 

I mean, it’s not a sport for kids who are soft. I get it.  But if you don’t want to play, stay off the flippin’ sidelines. 

Rumor has it that one of the reasons Dubois left was that he was into his second offseason program with a bunch of kids that wouldn’t show up to the weight room and so he moved on. You really can’t blame him. If Whataburger and weed are more important than winning, or even being as good as a player as you were 2 years ago, well... the team ends up 2-8. 

A complete and total lack of leadership on the team. 

19 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Dude... I’ve said it before. Year in and year out we have athletes who don’t play football. You can see them on the sidelines, throwing prettier spirals than than the actual quarterback. Or maybe, like this year, you see the o-line coach’s kid (who obviously has the build) just hanging out on the sidelines because “he wants to focus on baseball.” It’s a tradition at BC to NOT play, but still hang around on the sidelines. Our sophomore starting tailback from last year didn’t play this year. Which is a bit more honest than the typical “shoulder injuries” that keep kids off of the field their senior year... the good news is that the shoulders aren’t so bad that they can’t raise their arms to put on their old fb jerseys and go to the pep rallies with their “team” and chill on the sidelines during games. 

I mean, it’s not a sport for kids who are soft. I get it.  But if you don’t want to play, stay off the flippin’ sidelines. 

Rumor has it that one of the reasons Dubois left was that he was into his second offseason program with a bunch of kids that wouldn’t show up to the weight room and so he moved on. You really can’t blame him. If Whataburger and weed are more important than winning, or even being as good as a player as you were 2 years ago, well... the team ends up 2-8. 

CB lol I have a feeling your gonna get a response from a certain person for this. Ill  say this Dubois got yall  better prepared. When we played HJ this year  they wasn't the most talented but you could tell they were playing for there coach and played hard. I did not see the same type of play at Bridge City this year. 

7 hours ago, LC-M said:

CB lol I have a feeling your gonna get a response from a certain person for this. Ill  say this Dubois got yall  better prepared. When we played HJ this year  they wasn't the most talented but you could tell they were playing for there coach and played hard. I did not see the same type of play at Bridge City this year. 

Nice job on the Lum win, btw.  

There comes a point in any matchup where you, as a player, come to grips with the fact that you either did (or didn’t) do everything that you could to be prepared. I think this entire season was one where the team knew in their hearts that they weren’t ready and they knew it.

The only question is whether or not you get your you-know-what into the weight room and do something about it, or just put on your letterman and go drink beers. 

All kidding aside, I don’t know how much better we would have been with Dubois. We definitely were the opposite of “stacked” this year from an all-out athletic standpoint. Our team last year was hard-hit by injuries to key guys, and this year was just bad with no excuses we can point to.

I’m just glad the whole thing is over.  

9 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

The o-line son does play football, he started every game this year. He plays on Tuesday night since he is in 8th grade. 

10 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Before you talk about Coach's kids, maybe you need to ask the coach, or even the kid himself. The kid is in the 8th grade and played every game this year. He is also playing basketball.

7 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Well, I guess the future might be a little brighter, lol. 

I stand corrected. 

Thanks. 

You could just say Cardinal Backer stands for Lamar. Since you have been getting a lot of feed back. They won the last 5 games which surprised me. Are you could just get you a LCM helmet 

7 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

There comes a point in any matchup where you, as a player, come to grips with the fact that you either did (or didn’t) do everything that you could to be prepared.

The only question is whether or not you get your you-know-what into the weight room and do something about it, or just put on your letterman and go drink beers. 

I couldn't agree more with those two lines... I would like to say the first line also has to do with the coaching staff of any organization...

7 hours ago, rhino1877 said:

Before you talk about Coach's kids, maybe you need to ask the coach, or even the kid himself. The kid is in the 8th grade and played every game this year. He is also playing basketball.

Wow cardinal backer doesn't really know much about the Cardinals or at least the BC cardinals! LOL Maybe you should change your name!!