Buna 28 Kirbyville 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

Id like to make another bold prediction.  Next year will be Hardin's last year in 3AD1 for quite a while.  So, then it will may be fair to say Hardin will have some successful runs, getting knocked out by district opponent Newton in the 3rd / 4th round of the playoffs, which is always fun.  I"m sure Corrigan wont be a pushover either. Nothing is a given.  It could be quite the opposite and Hardin stays D1....and the story goes on.  One thing I have learned in my first year as a Hardin parent, its business as usual as long as Hardin is playing schools with 100-200 more kids in the HS.  No school in 3aD1 will ever be successful with that type of enrollment. I dont care what region you are in.  I have also learned that girls volleyball here is something RIDICULOUS. 

4 hours ago, GoFundMe said:

Id like to make another bold prediction.  Next year will be Hardin's last year in 3AD1 for quite a while.  So, then it will may be fair to say Hardin will have some successful runs, getting knocked out by district opponent Newton in the 3rd / 4th round of the playoffs, which is always fun.  I"m sure Corrigan wont be a pushover either. Nothing is a given.  It could be quite the opposite and Hardin stays D1....and the story goes on.  One thing I have learned in my first year as a Hardin parent, its business as usual as long as Hardin is playing schools with 100-200 more kids in the HS.  No school in 3aD1 will ever be successful with that type of enrollment. I dont care what region you are in.  I have also learned that girls volleyball here is something RIDICULOUS. 

You are fun to debate.

1.  What are you basing their "last year in 3AD1 for quite a while" statement on?  I was actually told that Hardin has some pretty big classes in the younger grades.  Like..abnormally big for typical Hardin #s.  Maybe they don't.. I was just wondering if you are speculating.  Even if they would've been D2 this year it would have been a somewhat similar ending.  Take NW out of their preseason schedule and replace with Warren.  Yeah it would've been a better first round game but Hemphill, AS,  and Corrigan aren't bad..obviously, Newton steamrolls everybody.  Hardin would've battled for the 3/4 spot if in that district.  Only to play Waskom, Daingerfield, or Elysian Fields in round 1.  Lol. Of course, now I'm speculating.  Next year will tell us a lot when that Hardin RB graduates. 

2.  Hardin volleyball is very good.. for the area.  Just like football for much of SeTx.. round 3 seems to be the Achilles heel for even the girl's powerhouse that is Hardin Volleyball.

17 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

You are fun to debate.

1.  What are you basing their "last year in 3AD1 for quite a while" statement on?  I was actually told that Hardin has some pretty big classes in the younger grades.  Like..abnormally big for typical Hardin #s.  Maybe they don't.. I was just wondering if you are speculating.  Even if they would've been D2 this year it would have been a somewhat similar ending.  Take NW out of their preseason schedule and replace with Warren.  Yeah it would've been a better first round game but Hemphill, AS,  and Corrigan aren't bad..obviously, Newton steamrolls everybody.  Hardin would've battled for the 3/4 spot if in that district.  Only to play Waskom, Daingerfield, or Elysian Fields in round 1.  Lol. Of course, now I'm speculating.  Next year will tell us a lot when that Hardin RB graduates. 

2.  Hardin volleyball is very good.. for the area.  Just like football for much of SeTx.. round 3 seems to be the Achilles heel for even the girl's powerhouse that is Hardin Volleyball.

A couple weeks ago I watched the end of the Anahuac/Hardin game.. Hardin was gifted that playoff spot.

17 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

A couple weeks ago I watched the end of the Anahuac/Hardin game.. Hardin was gifted that playoff spot.

Well.. I've been saying the whole latter half of this season that I was wrong about Hardin.  Mostly wrong about how bad KV, OF, and Ana would be this year.  I have a hard time seeing that happening again.  Next year will tell a better story I think.

32 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Well.. I've been saying the whole latter half of this season that I was wrong about Hardin.  Mostly wrong about how bad KV, OF, and Ana would be this year.  I have a hard time seeing that happening again.  Next year will tell a better story I think.

Did Orangefield lose some key players to injury? 

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

Did Orangefield lose some key players to injury? 

Yeah, they actually played Buna really close.. (down to the last few minutes I think) and then beat KV but lost their QB somewhere in there.  They only beat Warren after that out of their last 5 games.  Apparently, the kid made quite a difference.  My point is that I don't think they'll stay down, in this district, based on recent history.  Started the year off pretty decent with a win over Shepherd and a tough loss to Buna so I think they would've been in the playoff picture if not for that injury.  But.. that's part of the game.