Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg fractures 3 ribs in fall

LumRaiderFan

14 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I would say yes, but Nash is right that it is tough to say unless you’re in that position.  Most, including my wife, who know me would know it’s ridiculous but I get that the general public was merciless and doesn’t “know” you.   I’d also like to think I would have handled it better but again that’s tough to say. 

You are 100 percent correct on the prestige aspect.  For me personally, that would be the most compelling part of the job.  I was using the money part of it as an example for the average joe.  A lot would be willing to endure a month of ridicule for $250k + a year for the rest of their life. 

Hoops, I like you and think you're one of the greatest assets on this board. But we all know the average Joe didn't go through 4 years of undergrad and 3 more in law school to acquire a JD, plus all the years of additional training to get to where these folks are in their lives.

So yes, ole Cletus the tractor mechanic would probably take that deal in a heartbeat. Others with more potential or opportunities...I don't know. That's why I asked you... It's a fascinating scenario.

5 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Hoops, I like you and think you're one of the greatest assets on this board. But we all know the average Joe didn't go through 4 years of undergrad and 3 more in law school to acquire a JD, plus all the years of additional training to get to where these folks are in their lives.

So yes, ole Cletus the tractor mechanic would probably take that deal in a heartbeat. Others with more potential or opportunities...I don't know. That's why I asked you... It's a fascinating scenario.

We agree completely here.  That’s why I wanted to be clear who I was speaking of.  Just the average American, and I don’t even know what the median income is in this country anymore.  But I’m certain it’s a heckuva lot lower than 250k. 

15 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Shoot that's chump change for a good tort attorney. I'm thinking hoops will be the next Joe Jamail!!

Hoops had his chance at joining the multi-millionaire club, but it fell through when my $6 lotto ticket for the Billion dollar lottery became an expensive book marker. :)