Little Cypress-Mauriceville 18 Lumberton 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 minutes ago, Guitar Man said:

Considering the Sub Varsity teams have been very successful this year, the future looks good for Lumberton. Jv went undefeated with a tie. Freshman had a winning season. Babin has a great thing going, Lumberton needs him there. As far as the game tonight, Lumberton players didnt show up to play and LCM players did. LCM wanted this win more. 

Sub varsity  as been winning for Lumberton but at the end day that don’t mean much. I think we have 4 freshman 5 sophomores and 19 juniors on varsity. I’m saying this because sub varsity doesn’t mean a thing

4 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Sub varsity  as been winning for Lumberton but at the end day that don’t mean much. I think we have 4 freshman 5 sophomores and 19 juniors on varsity. I’m saying this because sub varsity doesn’t mean a thing

I think Freshmen games matter a little. JV maybe not so much. I believe our middle school teams did alright too. But that’s where yalls advantage over us is, two middles schools producing 2 sets of A team players getting playing time, makes for better competition freshmen year.

6 minutes ago, Guitar Man said:

Barely made the playoffs? Lumberton secured a spot after beating BC. TWO weeks ago. Honestly, I think the mentality of "oh we already made the playoffs" killed them the past two games. 

Let the haters talk, we are in the 4th spot due to point spread. That’s the only reason.

4 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I think Freshmen games matter a little. JV maybe not so much. I believe our middle school teams did alright too. But that’s where yalls advantage over us is, two middles schools producing 2 sets of A team players getting playing time, makes for better competition freshmen year.

Y’all will be 5a for the freshman 

Sub Varsity is important. It shows what your future holds and helps develop players. If it wasn't important, then what is the point in Middle school, freshman, and JV games. I know Its all about the Varsity but to say your Sub-Varsity isn't important is basically saying you don't care about the future of the program. 

11 minutes ago, Coach #23 said:

Records of fresh and jv levels are not always the great indicator. If that was the case, then I guess we can pencil in undefeated seasons for the jv and varsity next year..c'mon man

Didn’t you just say we gotta build the program from the bottom to the top, but now your downplaying the success of sub varsity programs?

Well since we didn’t get the 1 seed last week, 4 seed may actually be better. 2 and 3 are not good. Midlothian and Carthage on that side. Also, looks like North Forest May end up 4 seed and play Splendora. Not a great team if you look at the whole season but they have a D1 commit O lineman and a pretty decent QB. Picked up one of the top receivers in the nation a few weeks ago. Have not lost since he showed up. Will be at A&M in two years.  Gonna be another Mike Evans. 

Will not know how everything will shake out til after tomorrow night but I think our district will match up well in the first round. 

27 minutes ago, 85LHSTAMU89 said:

Well since we didn’t get the 1 seed last week, 4 seed may actually be better. 2 and 3 are not good. Midlothian and Carthage on that side. Also, looks like North Forest May end up 4 seed and play Splendora. Not a great team if you look at the whole season but they have a D1 commit O lineman and a pretty decent QB. Picked up one of the top receivers in the nation a few weeks ago. Have not lost since he showed up. Will be at A&M in two years.  Gonna be another Mike Evans. 

LCM you were at the game. Did we make it look real?

Your son ran hard buddy. I got a lot respect for you 

Thanks. Had a pretty rough go tonight. Don’t know how your QB kept a grip but he threw some dang pretty balls. That made a huge difference in the game.  Plus he pulled off a draw for 30. We knew that was coming and missed it. He’s gonna be really tough next year.  Run blocking was impossible for both sides with the field conditions. Thought it was gonna be tough as we had the same issues earlier this year against Concordia. That field made the conditions tonight look good. Good luck next week!

8 minutes ago, 85LHSTAMU89 said:

Thanks. Had a pretty rough go tonight. Don’t know how your QB kept a grip but he threw some dang pretty balls. That made a huge difference in the game.  Plus he pulled off a draw for 30. We knew that was coming and missed it. He’s gonna be really tough next year.  Run blocking was impossible for both sides with the field conditions. Thought it was gonna be tough as we had the same issues earlier this year against Concordia. That field made the conditions tonight look good. Good luck next week!

#16 is a senior and was our back up Qb. Good luck in the playoffs. I hope I wasn’t to vocal on the Bears but I believe in them even though  I don’t agree with everything  they call on plays

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Don't want to put a damper on LC-M's victory, but I read someone on social media that Lumberton tanked this game to get Carthage in a later round...

that’s funny. Babin is already in a hot seat. I’m not trying to be rude but Lumberton wasn’t physical at all. I mean how could they tank a game when some kids were shying away from getting hit lol

14 minutes ago, LC-M said:

that’s funny. Babin is already in a hot seat. I’m not trying to be rude but Lumberton wasn’t physical at all. I mean how could they tank a game when some kids were shying away from getting hit lol

I’m not gonna say that what Soulja said is true because I don’t know, but what your saying on the physical part is not our norm. It was definitely weird to see.

i’ll also say this, I talked with Babin last night after the game and he didn’t sound like somebody who was happy that we are dodging Carthage now.