Texas at Texas Tech

UTfanatic

17 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Way and the UT guys thought the targeting call on Wheeler should have stood.  Not watching so no idea.  

At the very least it should have been unnecessary roughness since the QB started his slide.  As for targeting I didn’t mind it being overturned.  He hit him in the head, but the QB was 2’ off the ground and going down.  No where else to hit him.  

Now a few plays earlier when the booth stopped play to review targeting on a hit to the ribs was the dumbest thing I’ve aeen today.  

Had to work. Watching on replay and have to wonder how the referee standing Right There did not see the kick to the head when the Tech QB was stripped of the ball? That's an ejection call.

I hate prevent defense. It prevents you from winning. Three man rushes give the Qb too much time. Hopefully Texas has some defensive line recruits coming in who can pressure the QB.

12 minutes ago, baddog said:

Had to work. Watching on replay and have to wonder how the referee standing Right There did not see the kick to the head when the Tech QB was stripped of the ball? That's an ejection call.

I hate prevent defense. It prevents you from winning. Three man rushes give the Qb too much time. Hopefully Texas has some defensive line recruits coming in who can pressure the QB.

I wonder if we were in a prevent when WVU scored their last TD.   Didn’t “prevent” allowing a receiver to get behind two DBs.