Texas at Texas Tech

UTfanatic

23 hours ago, SCDAWGS said:

My son plays for Tech and He has never lost to the Longhorns and don't plan on starting now.

Every time the Longhorns play the Red Raiders, I am reminded of why the CFB world refers to them as “sand aggies”.

You are so lucky that Big Spring voted NO

4 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I saw the SC and tech so I was putting two and two together 

I wonder if it is.  I became aware of Dakota Allen and his story from Last Chance U.  I heard a little before but learned much more from reading after.   He’s a special kid, on and off the field.  

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I wonder if it is.  I became aware of Dakota Allen and his story from Last Chance U.  I heard a little before but learned much more from reading after.   He’s a special kid, on and off the field.  

Same here as well, would he be on the team that beat Central a few years ago in round 1 at the butch? I remember going to that game. I’m curious 

1 hour ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

I'm hearing he might miss this week due to injury? Any truth to that?

Has a hand injury but they are pretty tight-lipped about injuries in college.  I don’t think it’s publicly known if he will play or not (unless something’s been released I haven’t seen).  Hope he’s careful with it.  That kid’s a pro imo. 

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Has a hand injury but they are pretty tight-lipped about injuries in college.  I don’t think it’s publicly known if he will play or not (unless something’s been released I haven’t seen).  Hope he’s careful with it.  That kid’s a pro imo. 

His hand is broken, but I think it's his knee that will keep him out, if anything. He tweaked it against ou.

4 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

His hand is broken, but I think it's his knee that will keep him out, if anything. He tweaked it against ou.

Oh gotcha.  I read something about him playing with a broken hand.  It was an article about whether he should sit out the rest of the season.  I’ve seen a few tech games this year and he’s easily their best defensive player, if not best player period. He does look to have NFL talent.  Article had an interesting discussion about what risks players in his situation should take when they are banged up like he is. 

10 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Oh gotcha.  I read something about him playing with a broken hand.  It was an article about whether he should sit out the rest of the season.  I’ve seen a few tech games this year and he’s easily their best defensive player, if not best player period. He does look to have NFL talent.  Article had an interesting discussion about what risks players in his situation should take when they are banged up like he is. 

Probably the best LB in the big 12. Insert BDF joke here, Mack.

46 minutes ago, SCDAWGS said:

Yes, Dakota Allen

You raised a fine young man.  He has an amazing story and truly embodies the “student-athlete.”   I will be rooting for him throughout his career, which will extend well beyond Lubbock in my opinion.  

And by the way, I have a son at Tech as well.   He’s a freshman and called me after the U of H game and told me, “Dad we actually have a beast on defense!”  I said, let me guess, Dakota Allen?