West Orange-Cove CISD Bond Passes!

WOSgrad

4 minutes ago, bigdog said:

interesting.   I do like the leg room there, but the concrete isn't too good on the backside.

No the concrete isn’t fun but I think bleacher part on top of that would be nice. I liked Carthage stands the whole middle of the stands had stadium seats. At the ticket booth you could upgrade and get a nice seat.

Awesome! WOS surely deserves it. Their athletes deserve it. When will this take place? Will they have it for next season? I wish Newton could get turf, but we all know that will never happen. Hopefully a couple of these guys on the team make it to the NFL and they go in on it one day. Wishful thinking on my part though. 

1 hour ago, bigdog said:

So what all is this bond working on besides the fields?   I am hoping Ned gets one  passed in May as well.

Stadium type bleachers,new press box,remodel weight room also turf for baseball field and updates for the school and equipment.Total cost around 21/22million or around there.They are really doing a lot not just for athletics.

4 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Stadium type bleachers,new press box,remodel weight room also turf for baseball field and updates for the school and equipment.Total cost around 21/22million or around there.They are really doing a lot not just for athletics.

Thanks.  So they are updating but not replacing schools correct?

4 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

I think that is correct and are going to update security where you just can't walk in.

Ok, yeah that sounds like what Nederland did a few years ago with their bond.   I am hoping that  the next one replaces a couple of the schools.