Besides Newton who will make the longest playoff run this year

NHSBulldogFan

3 hours ago, BLUETIC99 said:

Glad this thread was created, so we could see how SETX respects us !!!  It's no surprise that we hadn't been mentioned in this thread.  We have always been over looked by SETX because were not suppose to do great things here in Jasper.  The Bulldogs are 9-0 and looking forward to another win this Friday to finish the regular season a perfect 10-0.  I know we are all entitled to our opinions, but we also need to give credit were it's due.  Jasper will definitely go deep and make some noise in the playoffs !!!!!   

Hey I said from the beginning I wanted a Nederland/Jasper battle of the undefeated bulldogs game. Home is in Nederland and deer lease (home away from home) is in Jasper 

4 hours ago, BLUETIC99 said:

Glad this thread was created, so we could see how SETX respects us !!!  It's no surprise that we hadn't been mentioned in this thread.  We have always been over looked by SETX because were not suppose to do great things here in Jasper.  The Bulldogs are 9-0 and looking forward to another win this Friday to finish the regular season a perfect 10-0.  I know we are all entitled to our opinions, but we also need to give credit were it's due.  Jasper will definitely go deep and make some noise in the playoffs !!!!!   

My bad... I totally forgot about you guys. You definitely belonged on my list. 3 rounds minimum for Jasper. 

3 hours ago, pride at impact said:

Long means in his context the longest run!!! Really you have to ask how long is long?  Done for a reason. 

I’m not even sure what you’re trying to say.... a long, happy run for Lumberton would be three rounds. Only three rounds for Newton would be a bitter disappointment.  It’s all relative. 

None of you seem to be looking at the brackets. Jasper and WOS could very likely meet again in the 3rd round. Silsbee would have to get by a very good Giddings in the 3rd round possibly which will be tough. I can see a Jasper/WOS vs Silsbee quarterfinal in a best case scenario but Giddings, Sweeny and Wharton and LaGrange or Bellville could throw a wrench in that. WOS gave Nederland their closest game to date I must add with a 1 point loss and has made it to the 4th round the past 7 years since 2011.

In 4A D1 local teams may sweep round 1 but round 2 will be a sweep by the Carthage, Kilgore, Henderson district.

In 5A I can see PAM making it to the 4th round but then they’d potentially face either a really good Hutto or a rematch with New Caney.

In 6A D2 West Brook could go 3 or 4 rounds as all the heavy hitters are in D1.

GP North Shore is a heavy favorite to make the state finals in 6A D1.

Ned and PNG will run into Fort Bend Marshall, Huntsville, Manvel, and/or Marshall within the 2nd or 3rd round. An upset or two could get one of them to the 4th round but that’s a tough road in that region.

Newton will roll to AT&T most likely although you never know. Upsets happen.

Woodville has a tough road potentially in 3A D1 with Diboll, Franklin and/or Cameron Yoe waiting in the 3rd round.

My picks for most likely to advance to at least the 3rd round (6A-3A)

Newton

GP North Shore

Jasper

WO-S 

Nederland

West Brook 

PN-G

Silsbee

Woodville

Guest ECBucFan
9 hours ago, BLUETIC99 said:

Not wanting to debate you but Jasper gets A LOT of media coverage through the years. I don't think the Dogs are overlooked at all, JMO.