NCAA Basketball- ‘18-‘19

PhatMack19

28 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

Going to be a long year of basketball in Aggieland....

I’m afraid you might be right.  TJ and Savion have to shoot better than a combined 8-30 from the field to win ballgames.  

Could be worse, you could have lost to Stony Brook.  Frank Martin’s days may be numbered as well.  

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I knew A&M wouldn’t be very good, but I didn’t expect them to be this bad.  They are now 1-4 on the year.  I don’t know if Kennedy makes it though the season. 

I think this is his last season regardless.  If A&M is serious about being competitive in basketball, you guys should pound Beard with the money stick.  

12 minutes ago, Hook'em said:

Radford beat Texas... Wow, really Radford?

Shot 5-27 beyond the arc.  Tough to win.  Radford is a tournament team with a win in South Bend already this year.  Not a good loss but not a horrible one.  You aren’t beating them without playing a decent game. 

5 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Shot 5-27 beyond the arc.  Tough to win.  Radford is a tournament team with a win in South Bend already this year.  Not a good loss but not a horrible one.  You aren’t beating them without playing a decent game. 

I hope Shaka recruits a couple of shooters. Febres can light it up when he is hot but he is streaky, looked like Roach struggled tonight and early on it seems when he does well the team wins. Admittedly, I haven't been playing as close attention to Texas b-ball as I have in the past so I am no expert on this year's team. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

#7 Tennessee beats #1 Gonzaga.  Kansas will probably be your new #1

9 unbeaten teams left including #13 Texas Tech.  We will see if they are for real in a few weeks against #3 Duke.  

Tennessee looks legit this year.  Barnes has done a really good job everywhere he’s gone.  

You’re right about Tech.  Tough to gauge how good they are with the schedule they’ve played.  

Texas snaps a 3 game skid today with a win over a pretty decent Purdue team despite a 40 pt effort by Atascocita’a Carsen Edwards.  Took 11-25 3 pt effort to win.  Looks like we will win this year when we shoot it really well, and struggle when we don’t.  Other than the UNC game (where Roach went nuts), haven’t been overly impressed.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...