PhatMack19

NCAA Basketball- ‘18-‘19

112 posts in this topic

A&M is going to be awful

What about Texas without Bamba?

 

Rick Barnes has Tennessee ranked #6.....

LSU ranked?

Nevada at #7 doesn’t play anyone 

 

Who are the freshman we need to watch this year TXHoops?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

A&M is going to be awful

What about Texas without Bamba?

 

Rick Barnes has Tennessee ranked #6.....

LSU ranked?

Nevada at #7 doesn’t play anyone 

 

Who are the freshman we need to watch this year TXHoops?

Duke has a fab 5 of their of own although the 5th member was a reclass (we actually played and beat his team in indy this summer) - Joey Baker.   I don’t think he was quite ready for this level but we shall see.  The other 4 are ALL legit, top 10 guys.  RJ Barrett and Zion Williamson are both #1 in the draft type players in most years.  The good news for you Duke haters is that Coach K is laying a relative egg for the 2019 class and will lose 3 for sure to the NBA lottery (Barrett, Williamson ans Reddish) and may lose Jones as well.  

The other freshman that I really love is Quentin Grimes from The Woodlands who is apparently having a monster game for Kansas tonight.   He’s another lock one-and-done that just does a ton of stuff really well.   Some question his shooting but I heard he was 3-4 from the 3 in the first half against Mich St.   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Big XII has been imo the best basketball conference consistently BEHIND the ACC.   I think this could be the weakest we have seen the conference since it’s inception other than Kansas.  If as good as advertised, I think SEC is second best league followed by Big 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I am currently losing my ass to my bartender out here at Silsbee Country Club.

I gave her Kansas but I took Kentucky. Not good.

RJ Barrett is unbelieveable.  Although maybe unlikely, Barrett, Williamson & Reddish could conceivably go 1-2-3 in the draft.   And Tre Jones is maybe the best freshman PG in the country.   THAT’S how phenomenal this class is for Coach K.  

About a week ago likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SFA loses TJ Holyfield and point guard John Comeoux for season. Starting point guard Aaron Augustin is out two months with elbow injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mac McClung has a dynamic game against an almost anonymous team.   He can slam for sure.  I want to see his other skills.  I am sure Georgetown will be on tv more often this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TxHoops said:

RJ Barrett is unbelieveable.  Although maybe unlikely, Barrett, Williamson & Reddish could conceivably go 1-2-3 in the draft.   And Tre Jones is maybe the best freshman PG in the country.   THAT’S how phenomenal this class is for Coach K.  

Zion is one of the most athletic players you will see at that size.  He’s just short for an NBA Power Forward these days.  I wonder how it translates to the nba.  

 

Also is this the last year of the super freshman with the G League taking HS kids next year?  1 & done may be finished after this year, which could be better for college basketball in general. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Zion is one of the most athletic players you will see at that size.  He’s just short for an NBA Power Forward these days.  I wonder how it translates to the nba.  

 

Also is this the last year of the super freshman with the G League taking HS kids next year?  1 & done may be finished after this year, which could be better for college basketball in general. 

Zion is about 3 inches taller than Barkley was and plays even longer.  He will be fine. 

As far as the G league, heard an interesting discussion from Stan Van Gundy this morning.   He said he doesn’t think it will effect the top players because the $125k the G league can pay would be a pay cut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My takeaways from last night: 

RJ Barrett was the best player on the court out of both games.

Zion is almost impossible to stop. Easily the best athlete I’ve ever seen on the basketball court. 

Kentucky looked timid. So I’m not going to say Duke is the best team in the nation, even though they looked good. Having a team full of freshman never seems to work out late in the year, just look at the history. 

Michigan St is not #10, they are going to be just fine. Should win the Big 10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, About a week ago said:

My takeaways from last night: 

RJ Barrett was the best player on the court out of both games.

Zion is almost impossible to stop. Easily the best athlete I’ve ever seen on the basketball court. 

Kentucky looked timid. So I’m not going to say Duke is the best team in the nation, even though they looked good. Having a team full of freshman never seems to work out late in the year, just look at the history. 

Michigan St is not #10, they are going to be just fine. Should win the Big 10. 

Agree with all of this.  Zion is a kid who would have been a lock NFL player years ago.  They’ve figured out longer career, larger and guaranteed contracts, 100xs the shoe money, etc in basketball.   The zions and lebrons of the world would have ended up in canton, Ohio had they chosen the pigskin.  

About a week ago likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, no-look said:

Will LeBron be passing the baton to Zion? 

He’s not in that league basketball-wise.  But he’s really good and underrated in some respects from a skills aspect because of his athleticism.  

And he might be as good of an athlete (or better) as I’ve seen in my lifetime.  He is 6-7, 285 (minimal body fat) with a 40 inch vertical.  He could literally put on 20-40 lbs and be the best athlete on a football field...playing left tackle.   To put it simply, he’s a freak.  

no-look likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw my guy Savion Flagg had 24 & 16 in the Ags opener against Savannah St.  They are going to need some consistency from him to have any kind of success this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Lord, Naz Reid has 25 & 5 on 9-11 shooting with 12 minutes left in game for LSU.  Been watching that kid since Jr High.  Was like 6-9 in the 8th grade.  Never got much taller but sure filled out.  

Javonte Smart has 11 pts without missing a shot or FT.   Tiger fans are going to have fun watching their freshman class this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Texas wins 73-71 in OT. Huge game winning floater from freshman Courtney Ramey.  Weird watching kids you’ve seen since jr high.  His dad had a team called Team Ramey out of St Louis that was one of the best JH teams in the country.  Final 4 team both years I think;  might have lost to Naz Reid’s one of those (or Marvin Bagley’s).  Anyway, it was found out Ramey had a few 16 yo’s playing for him.  Made sense how they had 6-2 rim rockers lol. Never heard from them in HS.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LSU wins 97-91 over UNC-Greensboro.  Reid finishes with 31 & 7 on 12-16 shooting (4-7 from 3, 3-3 from the line).  Smart had 13 without missing a shot (8-8 from the line).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now