ALLEN EAGLES

4 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

It wont since they will be forced to in the north, I said I wish could play on they own terms. Have a meeting and decide on everything like it use to be. Sometimes change sucks

What I mean is .. even if they had a meeting one of the two wouldn’t agree no matter what was decided.  One would want AT&T and the other would want NRG.  So...what...meet in the middle?  It’s dumb to not have all SC games at same venue.  In week one of every season a vast majority of the towns in Texas no they’d have to travel if their boys make it.  Nobody cares.  This is nothing more than an excuse that happens beforehand.

10 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

What I mean is .. even if they had a meeting one of the two wouldn’t agree no matter what was decided.  One would want AT&T and the other would want NRG.  So...what...meet in the middle?  It’s dumb to not have all SC games at same venue.  In week one of every season a vast majority of the towns in Texas no they’d have to travel if their boys make it.  Nobody cares.  This is nothing more than an excuse that happens beforehand.

Ok then let's have them all in Austin like the rest of state championship events in the other sports 

7 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Then everyone would be griping that Westlake and Lake Travis have "home field advantage" when they make it to the title game.  

That's y I said rotate in the first place, that's fair u cant disagree with that. every 2 years switch it up. I don't know why u so hung up on that stadium. Do nothing for me. But I will say one thing, it doesn't matter where allen play  they had to play all 10 games on the road one year because of damage to their stadium and went undefeated.

The bottom line is the UIL is all about MONEY. Jerry Jones and the UIL are not going to let this happen with a rotation of any kind. Jerry has and will continue to schedule the Cowboys away for that week. More money for Jerry and more money for the UIL. This has never been about travel distance or what is fair for the entire state, MONEY talks. We can debate this issue again and again but nothing is going to change. Whether you love Jerry World or not, state is going to be at DALLAS. And YES, the home teams have an advantage.

14 hours ago, tennisbc said:

The bottom line is the UIL is all about MONEY. Jerry Jones and the UIL are not going to let this happen with a rotation of any kind. Jerry has and will continue to schedule the Cowboys away for that week. More money for Jerry and more money for the UIL. This has never been about travel distance or what is fair for the entire state, MONEY talks. We can debate this issue again and again but nothing is going to change. Whether you love Jerry World or not, state is going to be at DALLAS. And YES, the home teams have an advantage.

Trash! But true

Guest ECBucFan
15 hours ago, tennisbc said:

The bottom line is the UIL is all about MONEY. Jerry Jones and the UIL are not going to let this happen with a rotation of any kind.

100% correct. I think more people are finally starting to see the reality of it. 

On 11/6/2018 at 4:14 PM, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

It wont since they will be forced to in the north, I said I wish could play on they own terms. Have a meeting and decide on everything like it use to be. Sometimes change sucks

Playing a State Championship game in Austin in the pooring rain and freezing cold is what SUCKS!!!

There are only 3 places in Texas that State Championship games should be played and AT&T is by far the BEST of the three.

Ask the kids where they would rather play, ask the coaches.

NRG is terrible. The experience is not even close.

Say what you want to about Jerry Jones, but he cares a whole lot more about High School football than anybody associated with Houston or NRG.

Guest ECBucFan
18 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

NRG is terrible. The experience is not even close.

Say what you want to about Jerry Jones, but he cares a whole lot more about High School football than anybody associated with Houston or NRG.

I saw the games at NRG. I saw great celebrations by the winners. Even Canadian who travels all the way from the panhandle had a great crowd on hand and celebrated like mad. 

I think JJ is about JJ. He is an opportunist, and hosting the SC games fit his bill. Thats not bad, its just not necessarily overly noble, either. 

16 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

That's y I said rotate in the first place, that's fair u cant disagree with that. every 2 years switch it up. I don't know why u so hung up on that stadium. Do nothing for me. But I will say one thing, it doesn't matter where allen play  they had to play all 10 games on the road one year because of damage to their stadium and went undefeated.

I think that it should be played at AT&T because that is the best option..as far as the nicest venue.  I think it should be about the experience for the kids and not so much about the convenience for the fans.  Plus.. as you said..if home-field advantage really made that much of a difference how did Allen go undefeated without playing a single home game and how have teams been winning state championships every single year whether they had to farthest drive or not?

I think the kids should play in the best stadium no matter where it is.  I can usually be open-minded but won't have my mind changed on that.

And the REAL truth of the matter is, if School Districts  in south Texas did it right, it would actually be an advantage to travel.

If the schools playing in the State Championship games went up a day in advance, and stayed overnight, it would be to their advantage. Go up a day early, have walk through's at the STAR in Frisco, have position and group and team meetings. Watch extra film. Go to a movie to relax, have controlled meals and be monitored at bed check to make sure everybody is getting the proper nutrition , hydration and rest.

If they did this, they would be better prepared for the game than their "home field" opponents.

Guest ECBucFan
30 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

IPlus.. as you said..if home-field advantage really made that much of a difference how did Allen go undefeated without playing a single home game ...?

Maybe having nearly 8000 students and facing smaller opponents every single time had something to do with it?     LOL

11 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Maybe having nearly 8000 students and facing smaller opponents every single time had something to do with it?     LOL

By that logic..every single district in the state should be won by the team with the most students.  Right?

In fact.. Allen has the largest enrollment at 6664 and Plano West has the second largest enrollment at 5654.  Explain to me how Allen is 6-0 and Plano West is 0-6.

7 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

It is all about choices.

Allen ISD chooses to have one school and the people who live there choose to send their kids to school there. There are plenty of options very close by, so it is definitely a choice.

Beaumont recently had a choice to make and they decided to have two schools, could have easily said it is in our best interest to only have one school in our district, but they chose differently.

Baytown has a choice recently and their leaders decided to maintain a 3 school system.

It is all about choices, we all have them.

Guest ECBucFan
49 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

By that logic..every single district in the state should be won by the team with the most students.  Right? 

NO. But you already knew that. Thats called the classic "straw man" argument. Its usually used by someone who has nothing else to debate with. 

Anyway... Kids all across DFW are attracted to Allen. They are the Goliath, and are the largest, highest profile school in the state with the most expensive stadium.  Plano shares little in common with Allen. 

14 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

NO. But you already knew that. Thats called the classic "straw man" argument. Its usually used by someone who has nothing else to debate with. 

Anyway... Kids all across DFW are attracted to Allen. They are the Goliath, and are the largest, highest profile school in the state with the most expensive stadium.  Plano shares little in common with Allen. 

Plano was Allen 35-40 years ago.

6 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

What else do I need to debate with?  There are schools all over the state with enrollments MUCH larger than other schools they play yet they aren't successful.  You can't make a statement like "Maybe having nearly 8000 students and facing smaller opponents every single time had something to do with it?" and not expect a rebuttal.  You literally implied that their success is in part to do with their large enrollment.  You're making three different arguments here.

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

It is all about choices.

Allen ISD chooses to have one school and the people who live there choose to send their kids to school there. There are plenty of options very close by, so it is definitely a choice.

Beaumont recently had a choice to make and they decided to have two schools, could have easily said it is in our best interest to only have one school in our district, but they chose differently.

Baytown has a choice recently and their leaders decided to maintain a 3 school system.

It is all about choices, we all have them.

In Beaumont's case, we were like Baytown with three schools.  I don't like how it happened but I'm glad we are back to two high schools.  Should have never been three.  One high school in Beaumont?  There were talks about doing that but I say leave it like it is now.  Once things balance out and a winning coach is placed at United, both West Brook and United will have respectable football programs.  No Allen or GPNS but they will be able to compete in 6A-D2 playoffs.

Baytown is a totally different situation and should have merged to become one school.  Their current enrollment total is 6,137 with all 3 schools combined.  Would championships start coming, probably not but they would make the playoffs in my opinion in 21-6A.

9 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

In Beaumont's case, we were like Baytown with three schools.  I don't like how it happened but I'm glad we are back to two high schools.  Should have never been three.  One high school in Beaumont?  There were talks about doing that but I say leave it like it is now.  Once things balance out and a winning coach is placed at United, both West Brook and United will have respectable football programs.  No Allen or GPNS but they will be able to compete in 6A-D2 playoffs.

Baytown is a totally different situation and should have merged to become one school.  Their current enrollment total is 6,137 with all 3 schools combined.  Would championships start coming, probably not but they would make the playoffs in my opinion in 21-6A.

I'm definitely not saying one way is better, or right.

To each his own. I'm just tired of listening to the griping and complaining about Allen and their "ONE BIG SCHOOL."

I'm basically saying get over it, because other places could have the same scenario, with a one school district, but choose not too. It is really all about choices.

It's kinda like people who complain about Alabama dominating College Football. If you don't like it, then get better and beat them.

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

I'm definitely not saying one way is better, or right.

To each his own. I'm just tired of listening to the griping and complaining about Allen and their "ONE BIG SCHOOL."

I'm basically saying get over it, because other places could have the same scenario, with a one school district, but choose not too. It is really all about choices.

It's kinda like people who complain about Alabama dominating College Football. If you don't like it, then get better and beat them.

I get what your saying but I don’t believe it has to do with the “One team one town” mentality, Katy has multiple schools but Katy always churns our State championship teams. 

I believe it starts at the bottom and works it’s way up, (Pop Warner, Junior High, Highschool) Beaumont is in the process of trying to get there, with the Pop warner wolves ( United) and the bulldogs (westbrook) with kids only being able to play for the little league team they’re zoned to attend Highschool at, i just think they need to get better coaching and a program in place so the kids can start learning the system at a young age. Right now is just parents who think they know football, if you watch Friday night tykes , them little coaches communicate with the Highschool coaches , that’s what needs to happen in Beaumont 

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

I get what your saying but I don’t believe it has to do with the “One team one town” mentality, Katy has multiple schools but Katy always churns our State championship teams. 

I believe it starts at the bottom and works it’s way up, (Pop Warner, Junior High, Highschool) Beaumont is in the process of trying to get there, with the Pop warner wolves ( United) and the bulldogs (westbrook) with kids only being able to play for the little league team they’re zoned to attend Highschool at, i just think they need to get better coaching and a program in place so the kids can start learning the system at a young age. Right now is just parents who think they know football, if you watch Friday night tykes , them little coaches communicate with the Highschool coaches , that’s what needs to happen in Beaumont 

That's what needs to happen every year..in every town.. in every sport.  I've always said that the people that coach youth sports should meet with the varsity head coach before the season begins to at least go over what basic skills should be drilled during a practice.  Even if at least one time a week.  Would also be a good time to maybe discuss drills that the youth coach probably won't know about.

To me, youth sports should be a mini-camp of sorts.  Literally where the game should be learned.  Instead of the trash that it's turned into these days. It seems to me that youth sports is turning into a factory of learning bad habits.. that can't be undone by the time they get to school ball.

9 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Winnie math: 6600 = 8000. Someone should explain this logic to Klein ISD and Plano ISD. They dont seem to taking advantage of their built in advantage. Everyone knows that finding 11 players in a pool of 6000 is much easier than finding 11 players in a pool of 5000.