ALLEN EAGLES

Guest ECBucFan

When you have almost 8000 students to draw from, have an almost unlimited budget, and you are at times 1.5 to 2X larger than every opponent you face, YES, they ought to be the "best".  

Guest ECBucFan

I agree but they won't do that. Allen, in addition to all the other built in advantages they have, gets to have the SC games at home in AT&T every year. If Allen-NS does match up, play it in NRG for a change.   

9 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

I agree but they won't do that. Allen, in addition to all the other built in advantages they have, gets to have the SC games at home in AT&T every year. If Allen-NS does match up, play it in NRG for a change.   

Yes!! Or go back to the old way where the teams got to pick neutral site. Back when  10-0 9-1 or 8-2 teams only got in playoffs, man dont get me started!

20 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Yes!! Or go back to the old way where the teams got to pick neutral site. Back when  10-0 9-1 or 8-2 teams only got in playoffs, man dont get me started!

Can't do that.  Do that and high school football will turn into BCS college football.  In the sense that there will no longer be competitive preseason games in fear of having a loss or more on the overall record.  Don't get me started on THAT.. lol.

The Texas state championship games need to continue to be played at the best venue in the state.  Right now Cowboys Stadium is the best.  Besides, there is no statistical evidence to show that it matters..other than maybe convenience. 

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Can't do that.  Do that and high school football will turn into BCS college football.  In the sense that there will no longer be competitive preseason games in fear of having a loss or more on the overall record.  Don't get me started on THAT.. lol.

The Texas state championship games need to continue to be played at the best venue in the state.  Right now Cowboys Stadium is the best.  Besides, there is no statistical evidence to show that it matters..other than maybe convenience. 

DisAgree 100% back a few years ago all the schools from the DAllas area are getting basically home game for State so they get up in there on bed a drive down the road versus a 5- 9 hour bus ride. That absolutely makes a difference without a doubt. It should either rotate between the three covered stadiums or go back to flipping but the uil makes all their money off the stacked games they care less about how far some teams drive and others have a home game 

5 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

First U do know the only things that matters is district dont u? The non district is just to see what kind of team u have. 2 that stadium is trash. Why is it fair the let the north keep playing 5 miles from they home town. I bet u if it went back to old way, a&m would get some action. And its nothing wrong with that stadium. Or rotate it between crap world, Austin and san Antonio. We one need  true champion, at least u could say then ur the best of the best, and not ur the best of just that division. Jmo U CANT BE KING OF THE MOUNTAIN IF YOU'RE SHARING IT. UIL SUCKS BIG TIME!

5 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Not true. It’s district record that determines playoff entrants not overall record. Pre-district means nothing. So top two just means less watered down. But it’s a moot point because there is no way in hell the UIL is going to drop a boat load of playoff games. Money talks folks. 

20 minutes ago, badndn said:

Not true. It’s district record that determines playoff entrants not overall record. Pre-district means nothing. So top two just means less watered down. But it’s a moot point because there is no way in hell the UIL is going to drop a boat load of playoff games. Money talks folks. 

I know that... I was replying to someone who said: "Back when  10-0 9-1 or 8-2 teams only got in playoffs".  And I misread what he said about the neutral sites.. I thought he was implying something about the team with the best record having something to do with location.  My fault.  You know.. in UIL sports other than football overall record does impact the state tourney seeding.  So don't act like it was such an insane thought that I had..even though I know that's not what was meant.

26 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

First U do know the only things that matters is district dont u? The non district is just to see what kind of team u have. 2 that stadium is trash. Why is it fair the let the north keep playing 5 miles from they home town. I bet u if it went back to old way, a&m would get some action. And its nothing wrong with that stadium. Or rotate it between crap world, Austin and san Antonio. We one need  true champion, at least u could say then ur the best of the best, and not ur the best of just that division. Jmo U CANT BE KING OF THE MOUNTAIN IF YOU'RE SHARING IT. UIL SUCKS BIG TIME!

Of course.

20 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I know that... I was replying to someone who said: "Back when  10-0 9-1 or 8-2 teams only got in playoffs".  And I misread what he said about the neutral sites.. I thought he was implying something about the team with the best record having something to do with location.  My fault.  You know.. in UIL sports other than football overall record does impact the state tourney seeding.  So don't act like it was such an insane thought that I had..even though I know that's not what was meant.

Of course.

All I was getting at when north shore and Allen play in the sc this year, I wish they could do it on their own terms. That's going to be a ball game. 

3 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

I 100% agree, prep. Anyone who does not think there is an advantage in having "the home field ADVANTAGE" is either crazy or willfully ignorant.  

For many years Dallas area schools were winning state championships in Houston.  It also happens the other way around.  Anyone who ignores statistics is either crazy or willfully ignorant.

This is the hidden content, please