SNL Makes Fun of Veteran Who Lost His Eye

Hagar

7 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I’m never offended unless blackface is used to gimmick the worst stereotype of a race. 

When I was a kid I once was Superman for hallowing. Never thought once to paint my face white.

So you can get offended, as you stated, but if someone else is offended then they are a snowflake.

When you were a kid, did you ever think about mocking or deriding a serviceman that was injured in the act of defending this country? (And please don't try the equivalency ploy. I was offended when Trump made those comments about McCain, just as I am offended now by this so-called comedian. There's no hypocrisy here, even though you seem to want to spew that fantasyland alternate reality that lives in your head.)

7 minutes ago, Englebert said:

So you can get offended, as you stated, but if someone else is offended then they are a snowflake.

When you were a kid, did you ever think about mocking or deriding a serviceman that was injured in the act of defending this country? (And please don't try the equivalency ploy. I was offended when Trump made those comments about McCain, just as I am offended now by this so-called comedian. There's no hypocrisy here, even though you seem to want to spew that fantasyland alternate reality that lives in your head.)

I said I didn’t like the joke. Along time ago. And I only use SNOWFLAKES to mock. 

6 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I said I didn’t like the joke. Along time ago. And I only use SNOWFLAKES to mock. 

I can't speak for the rest of the board, but my responses were due to your "mocking". You defended a disgusting behavior, then "mocked" those that spoke out about it. That was disgusting behavior in itself. So the next time someone uses the "N-word" in jest, don't dare speak out against it...lest you be mocked. Is this the acceptable behavior now?

23 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I can't speak for the rest of the board, but my responses were due to your "mocking". You defended a disgusting behavior, then "mocked" those that spoke out about it. That was disgusting behavior in itself. So the next time someone uses the "N-word" in jest, don't dare speak out against it...lest you be mocked. Is this the acceptable behavior now?

If that’s how you see it. I don’t care much on who uses the N word. Many white comedians have used the n word in Jest.

2 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

If that’s how you see it. I don’t care much on who uses the N word. Many white comedians have used the n word in Jest.

You would be a rarity now-a-days if that is indeed your attitude. Should those that speak out against the practice be subjected to mockery?

There are many, many, many examples of the perpetually offended, and these people seem to be multiplying at an exponential rate. I have no problem with these people being made fun of. But making "jokes" at the expense of wounded warriors should be a line in the sand, just as making "jokes" about skin color. The so-called joke had nothing to do with that person's behavior outside of military service, it was said because the guy was a serviceman. That is just disgusting, no matter who you are.

I think it was also a political shot at Texas.

Typical SNL BS. I haven't watched that site since Eddie Murphy and Gilda Radner. Did everyone love Murphy's imitation of Buckwheat Sings? Unce, Tice, Fee tines a mayday. I can see how that could be considered offensive, but hey, all in the name of humor. 

3 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

While we at it though. Donald Trump to John: He’s a hero because he got caught. That’s a statement not a bad joke. But let’s go all in on Pete. 

MAGA

For the most part that was true.  How many came back, that were not POW's, and called a hero.  Probably not any.  So, technically, that statement had merit.

5 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Nothing nice to try I like Pete Davidson he told a bad joke. When your job is to tell jokes 24/7 some will be bad. That simple but starting a thread to complain about a fail joke is SNOWFLAKES.

Point is, it wasn’t a bad joke, it was a despicable attempt at a joke.  There are lines that shouldn’t be crossed, even in comedy.  And then you have NBC doing nothing about it.  Are you okay with that?  Were you okay with Roseanne getting fired over her joke?  Do you see the bias in the big corporations that own most of the MSM?  You may not be politically active, but as an outsider, surely you see that bias.

There are things okay to joke about, and some bad things that aren’t.  Pete needs to learn the difference.  

Here’s a good joke:  Why did the lazy Democrat get off his a$$ to cross the road?  To pi$$ off Trump.