Mid County Madness Ned v PNG

RoschonsBigBro

7 hours ago, OneChance said:

When we whipped the Bullpups up and down the field in 1991 I could have cared less about a dang trophy, all that I cared about was that we just put a spanking on the Bullpups! The trophy has been around 4 or 5 years, this rivalry is a lot older and winning is more meaningful than the trophy!

Good game, Al Bundy!

I am so glad that the focus of fun for this rivalry, currently, is poking fun at the other school's team, fans & coaches with nerd days.  Sadly, back when I was in  school, it rampant destruction of property & theft that upheld the traditions of Mid County Madness week.  Much Calmer Now!!!

9 minutes ago, jake94 said:

PN-G did much better in this series when they played on a natural grass field. Just some food for thought. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Agreed we played very well in the past on grass.  However, there is very little grass left around the mud pits at Nederland's Bulldog Stadium. So I much prefer us to learn to win on turf.:)

Everybody talking like they ain't never witnessed high school football before. MCM will boil down to how well the QB's execute their coach's playcalling.  Which QB will decide to improvise [at the right moment] when defenses decide to clamp down?  Of course, turnovers, special teams play and trick plays will always play a significant part.  Lastly, let's see which QB will hit the correct open receiver when the game is on the line.