Mid County Madness Ned v PNG

RoschonsBigBro

50 minutes ago, Eagle91 said:

6 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Adam Morse on the 99 team I say wins that game against SVille. 

Absolutely not! Long was a better QB by far.

18 minutes ago, outanup said:

Agreed...and mobile too.

I would say that Adam was a great passer & hard to bring down.  Dustin was a great passer & could run well.  Both QB's were special talents  & PNG was blessed to have both lead their respective teams well.

9 hours ago, badndn said:

Wortham was the lead back that year. Not saying makeup of teams is the same, just that situations are similar. And Long was an excellent QB, but I’ve seen them both for their entire HS careers, RJ is a better QB. More polished passer and a much bigger run threat. RJ grew up in an erra where there are more QB development camps and opportunities to become great if you have the skills. 

Difference is Long had a great team around him. Excellent stable of WRs. Two good backs, and a stellar line. And a stingy defense to boot. Interchange RJ and Long on that squad and PNG beats SVille. 

WOW..

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

Lol. No. Check the stats. Adams done more with less. Facts. 

Ill chime in with facts, D Long not only audibled, he called his own plays at times, started 3 years, won 30 games in his career, read defenses, ran a 4.7, and made it to the SC game. Owned a Big 12 record for 7 TD passes in a game, went beast mode at Sam Houston State, and your telling me Adam, who cant play at Lamar, struggles to read a defense, and had his High School Head Coach call his plays and tell him where to throw it is better? Not to mention no wins against Nederland, No Willie Ray Smith Award, and No SC appearance. No Major offer other than LU.

COME on MAN

19 hours ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

watch out when I said we get out coached every year from Nederland I got accused of hating on the coaches whenever it is just a fact that BF chokes on this game year after year! 

Oh yeah we lose cause all the booster club kids play instead of the better not so fast defensive player! 

Bum Phillips Trophy won’t be awarded after the game due to “safety.”  What a croc   What’s unsafe about passing out a trophy?

Sounds like PNG doesn’t want to get their feelings hurt again.  Maybe the PNG Super can get them some nice ribbons for coming in 2nd place in this game, so they don’t feel left out.     

This is the hidden content, please

that is a bunch of crap,those idiots are taking all the fun from kids,was told no streamers none of the stuff the kids do every year can be brought into the stadium this year,its all a bunch of crap...wonder if eventually you wont be able to scream due to safety as well!if you don't like it all stay at home and listen on radio!!

5 minutes ago, chorizo said:

I just feel like they are taking everything away from the students,this game win or lose every year is something the kids will never forget,its not like these students are just horrible kids,let em have fun!!

Exactly. Makes me sad to see how stupid people in position of power can be. 

No trophy presentation????....WTH. That isn't going to prevent either teams fans from rushing the field after the game.

The team that wins should celebrate on the field. Don't let the absence of the trophy stop it. The trophy hasn't been around that long, the teams have celebrated way before it was labeled the Bum Phillips Bowl.

And no streamers?????? That rule will be broken by both student sections.