Mid County Madness Ned v PNG

RoschonsBigBro

16 hours ago, baddog said:

The only similar thing is the standings. My god, you had Dustin Long, arguably the best QB I have seen. You had Bergeron and ran the toss sweep to perfection. You had a hard hitting defense that could stop anyone. Sure, Nederland had the talent and was averaging 40+ ppg. We had one of those cough up the ball games and couldn't recover. PNG was that good. Long made a spectacular comeback against Stephenville and almost pulled out the win. My memory keeps me from recalling all the player's names.

This year, PNG has an amazing talent at QB, but he is no Dustin Long in IMO. Your defense is suspect and Nederland's ball control should prevail. Our defense is very consistent and should key on Shug. He can have 500 yards rushing between the 20s for all I care. He will get his but it will be tough.

I am a UT fan and can't wait to see him in burnt orange. Until then, he is the enemy for one week.  

I say Ned 30-21.

Wortham was the lead back that year. Not saying makeup of teams is the same, just that situations are similar. And Long was an excellent QB, but I’ve seen them both for their entire HS careers, RJ is a better QB. More polished passer and a much bigger run threat. RJ grew up in an erra where there are more QB development camps and opportunities to become great if you have the skills. 

Difference is Long had a great team around him. Excellent stable of WRs. Two good backs, and a stellar line. And a stingy defense to boot. Interchange RJ and Long on that squad and PNG beats SVille. 

I'm picking Nederland. I didn't see either team play. Well I did see Ned. vs. Vidor for 1 quarter, but left shortly after arriving..darn toddlers can't hang. Nederland's play calling looked pretty creative but they didn't execute it. Apparently they started executing after I left.

I'm mainly picking Nederland because out of the Big Ned and Wampum burgers at Fast Freddies..I like the Big Ned more.

1 hour ago, badndn said:

Wortham was the lead back that year. Not saying makeup of teams is the same, just that situations are similar. And Long was an excellent QB, but I’ve seen them both for their entire HS careers, RJ is a better QB. More polished passer and a much bigger run threat. RJ grew up in an erra where there are more QB development camps and opportunities to become great if you have the skills. 

Difference is Long had a great team around him. Excellent stable of WRs. Two good backs, and a stellar line. And a stingy defense to boot. Interchange RJ and Long on that squad and PNG beats SVille. 

Can’t argue with that..... 99 team was salty.

2 hours ago, badndn said:

Thanks. Shame on me for trying to report PNG history. Lol

Only other QB I rank with Long is another Dustin.......Hood.

2 hours ago, badndn said:

Adam Morse on the 99 team I say wins that game against SVille. 

17 hours ago, Stattrax said:

IMO this is a make or break game for the BF era. If we lose he will be 2-8 against Nederland. Shug will play his last home game at the REZ, which will be the end of another ERA.. I think he give all he has, but unfortunately I just don't think it will be enough. Nederland will scheme to stop the run. And I think the DBs will be able to stop our WRs. The coaching edge goes straight to the dogs. BF tends to freeze up in these games, I have talked to several current and past players about what happens during this game, and they all say the same thing..... Nederland owns the edge on defense, and special teams, I think the offenses are both capable of putting up points. We do have the best athlete on the field, but we do not field the best team. I think Nederland is the most complete team in the district. We win if SHUG goes super beast mode and  we get a few turnovers. If its a tight game Nederland wins hands down... I hate to pick against us, but we are not real good on the defensive side of the ball and special teams. Monte will have a few wrinkles thrown in and defensively we will not adjust. Hopefully I'm eating my words Friday at around 10:30, but only time will tell.

Spot on and a honest assessment of the situation. 

Additionally, Nederland always out coaches Faircloth.

PNG  with be starting the "Nederland game doesn't matter" song soon.

The same "doesn't matter game" that is reported on FOX, National TV - a few years ago and touted as the #1 rivalry in Texas

Hard time believing the PNG faithful put up with getting spanked by Nederland time and time and time again

Here is the difference between the two schools. PNG rest it's whole team on one players shoulders, not a good game plan. Nederland plays to win as a team and would NEVER consider themselves the underdog in this game no matter how they are playing leading up to this game. Claiming yourself an underdog is just an excuse when you lose. So go ahead and claim yourselves the underdog, I hope it makes it easier to fall asleep Friday night! lol

14 minutes ago, James Mosley said:

Here is the difference between the two schools. PNG rest it's whole team on one players shoulders, not a good game plan. Nederland plays to win as a team and would NEVER consider themselves the underdog in this game no matter how they are playing leading up to this game. Claiming yourself an underdog is just an excuse when you lose. So go ahead and claim yourselves the underdog, I hope it makes it easier to fall asleep Friday night! lol

If PNG is only one player, it is extraordinary how Shug blocks for himself & catches his own passes, while wearing multiple numbers & being in more that one place at a time.  So please, only worry about that "one" player we have.  Do not worry at all about anyone else on the offense, or defense, after all they really don't exist except in your dreams.  Please keep this mindset, and watch reality hit you when the entire PNG Indians team comes to play, and more than "one" person gets off the bus.