Mid County Madness Ned v PNG

RoschonsBigBro

There is NEVER a favorite in Mid County Madness.  Records, stats & all things formal football, get thrown out the window. Execute the game plan, no turnovers, big plays, & occasionally dumb luck, that is what rules these games.  It is going to be a long week.  I am ready for the game. God Bless all the players & may no one get hurt. 

5 minutes ago, Lamar1996 said:

I wonder if PNG would consider playing RJ on some key defensive plays.  Them 3rd and longs that become first downs are back breakers.  Having RJ on the field flying to the ball would be nice.

When its crunch time, they will sometimes throw him in. At the end of the game, when we're hanging on by a thread.

IMO this is a make or break game for the BF era. If we lose he will be 2-8 against Nederland. Shug will play his last home game at the REZ, which will be the end of another ERA.. I think he give all he has, but unfortunately I just don't think it will be enough. Nederland will scheme to stop the run. And I think the DBs will be able to stop our WRs. The coaching edge goes straight to the dogs. BF tends to freeze up in these games, I have talked to several current and past players about what happens during this game, and they all say the same thing..... Nederland owns the edge on defense, and special teams, I think the offenses are both capable of putting up points. We do have the best athlete on the field, but we do not field the best team. I think Nederland is the most complete team in the district. We win if SHUG goes super beast mode and  we get a few turnovers. If its a tight game Nederland wins hands down... I hate to pick against us, but we are not real good on the defensive side of the ball and special teams. Monte will have a few wrinkles thrown in and defensively we will not adjust. Hopefully I'm eating my words Friday at around 10:30, but only time will tell.

15 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

IMO this is a make or break game for the BF era. If we lose he will be 2-8 against Nederland. Shug will play his last home game at the REZ, which will be the end of another ERA.. I think he give all he has, but unfortunately I just don't think it will be enough. Nederland will scheme to stop the run. And I think the DBs will be able to stop our WRs. The coaching edge goes straight to the dogs. BF tends to freeze up in these games, I have talked to several current and past players about what happens during this game, and the all say the same thing..... Nederland owns the edge on defense, and special teams, I think the offenses are both capable of putting up points. We do have the best athlete on the field, but we do not field the best team. I think Nederland is the most complete team in the district. We win if SHUG goes super beast mode and  we get a few turnovers. If its a tight game Nederland wins hands down... I hate to pick against us, but we are not real good on the defensive side of the ball and special teams. Monte will have a few wrinkles thrown in and defensively we will not adjust. Hopefully I'm eating my words Friday at around 10:30, but only time will tell.

Excellent analysis and I hope you are right. I think the Dogs will go all out to stop Roschon, but I feel he is unstoppable. I don’t think he can beat this Ned team by himself though. I think Barrow will trust his secondary to cover man to man since Ned has the best secondary in the district. Roschon will get his, but if the Dogs can cover well it’ll be tough on the Indians. Ned will need to grind it out on offense and keep Roschon off the field. It’ll be harder with the injuries at RB, but I suspect Barrow will have a great game plan. Should be a great game!

Just to back my opinion

According to MaxPreps:

PNG-Nederland have 7 common opponents

Silsbee plus district games

Offensively PNG puts up 305 points in those 7 games for an average of 44 points per game

Offensively NED puts up 259 points in those 7 games for an average of 37 points per game

Defensively PNG allows 189 points in those 7 games for an average of  27 points per game

Defensively NED allows 119 points in those 7 games for an average of  17 points per game

So common sense would think if Nederland holds PNG to 35 points or less they will win a nail biter.

If PNG can get to the 40s it will be interesting.

Nederlands defense is giving up 2 TDs per game. That's pretty stout in this day and age.

6 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

How is the PNG line health wise

Out of order lol. Garth is hurt and thats your best piece by far. Younger guys still need to learn how to play together as a line. Nice potential, but i think lil bost reaps those rewards when they come together better next year

44 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Just to back my opinion

According to MaxPreps:

PNG-Nederland have 7 common opponents

Silsbee plus district games

Offensively PNG puts up 305 points in those 7 games for an average of 44 points per game

Offensively NED puts up 259 points in those 7 games for an average of 37 points per game

Defensively PNG allows 189 points in those 7 games for an average of  27 points per game

Defensively NED allows 119 points in those 7 games for an average of  17 points per game

So common sense would think if Nederland holds PNG to 35 points or less they will win a nail biter.

If PNG can get to the 40s it will be interesting.

Nederlands defense is giving up 2 TDs per game. That's pretty stout in this day and age.

Great work on the stats. Only misleading part of this is that a lot of the points that Ned has given up recently have been in the 4th quarter when the starting offense and starting defense is on the bench. Not all games, but definitely multiple times. Barrow has taken the starters out very early this season. That won’t happen Friday because this will be a close game.

1 hour ago, Stattrax said:

IMO this is a make or break game for the BF era. If we lose he will be 2-8 against Nederland. Shug will play his last home game at the REZ, which will be the end of another ERA.. I think he give all he has, but unfortunately I just don't think it will be enough. Nederland will scheme to stop the run. And I think the DBs will be able to stop our WRs. The coaching edge goes straight to the dogs. BF tends to freeze up in these games, I have talked to several current and past players about what happens during this game, and they all say the same thing..... Nederland owns the edge on defense, and special teams, I think the offenses are both capable of putting up points. We do have the best athlete on the field, but we do not field the best team. I think Nederland is the most complete team in the district. We win if SHUG goes super beast mode and  we get a few turnovers. If its a tight game Nederland wins hands down... I hate to pick against us, but we are not real good on the defensive side of the ball and special teams. Monte will have a few wrinkles thrown in and defensively we will not adjust. Hopefully I'm eating my words Friday at around 10:30, but only time will tell.

Hasn’t PNG played its best defensively the last two weeks than it has all year?

23 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Hasn’t PNG played its best defensively the last two weeks than it has all year?

This is true. Our defense has given up 21 points in the last two weeks. But Nederland is the real test. BH was missing their starting QB.  Whether or not the defense has made permanent progress remains to be seen.

That being said, PNG is definitely the underdog in this game. I don't understand the Nederland fans trying to present themselves as the underdog. Nederland is undefeated with a dynamic offense and a smothering defense, ranked #9 in the state. There is no universe where Nederland gets to call itself the underdog. Nederland has recent history on its side, the confidence that comes from having won most of last 20 years, and a more complete team to put on the field. PNG has the best player, but Roschon by himself doesn't make Nederland somehow not the favorite. 

This is going to be hands down a show down of the ages. It’s going to be hard to top last years game. But going into this game I can’t remember more on the line then the game in 2000 when PNG needed to win to make the playoffs and lost missed FG cost them. Best of luck to the boys and hopefully we ALL come our injury free and have ourselves a LONG playoff run. The BEST GAME in the state of Texas is finally here. 

2 hours ago, RoschonsBigBro said:

Out of order lol. Garth is hurt and thats your best piece by far. Younger guys still need to learn how to play together as a line. Nice potential, but i think lil bost reaps those rewards when they come together better next year

Line is struggling I think we will be better off with 50 52 and 53 back in the mix. 77 isn’t ready for Friday night. 220 DE was putting him on his rear all night long. Lots of busted plays and pressure on RJ from his side and up the middle. People saying all we use is RJ, well what do you do when there are no lanes and under constant pressure

Nederland is banged up as well. This PNG team has struggled all year a fought for every win. They are a bit more rugged than last seasons team. Last season we were not very battle tested. this year the Indians have fought and had to work for their wins and even in a couple of game come up with either a winning stop or a winning score. That requires a bit more guts than last years mostly blowouts in the district. I never pick on this game we all know it could go either way. 

On 11/3/2018 at 7:34 AM, Meathead said:

1990 has it out for the PNG staff! I’d like to invite him to the booster club meeting so he can run his mouth in the room instead of on this message board! 

MCM 2018.........who wants it more is who takes it home! 

watch out when I said we get out coached every year from Nederland I got accused of hating on the coaches whenever it is just a fact that BF chokes on this game year after year! 

32 minutes ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

watch out when I said we get out coached every year from Nederland I got accused of hating on the coaches whenever it is just a fact that BF chokes on this game year after year! 

I agree with 1990. The coaching from PNG over the past several years has been questionable. At least in Mid County Madness.  

Wow ! I luv reading some of the comments.hoping for an injury free game.ik its bragging rights.but it's like this.it really doesn't matter who wins this game.bcz I'm positive that every kid that grew up been a Indian or Bulldog player has dreamed of winning a state title.cant lose ur focus for one regular season game.its still abt getting better each week.they both have another game after this.where the real season begins.so to both teams dont get lost into this game and lose focus for next week.gud luck to both.

I don’t see Big Ned  giving up more than 21 . Just don’t think Indian D can keep us under that . We are a little banged up  , but so are Indians , more people have stepped up already at RB .   28-21 DOGS . Let’s pray for good weather and no injuries no matter who wins !