Mid County Madness Ned v PNG

RoschonsBigBro

10 minutes ago, Razor said:

png along with Crosby were everyone's pre-season pick to win this district, so the argument can be made that they should be the favorites...they lost 2 games without Roschon and a crazy forfeit...put it this way, if Roschon doesn't play, then I will buy the "Nederland is favored" routine, but if he is in the game, png SHOULD win...the fact that Nederland has beaten them once already in his 3 years has to be disappointing for png...to have a once in a generation talent and still not be able to get over on Nederland has to hurt...if they lose 2/3, well, the sting will just be that much greater.

Consider this a toss up!  I happen to think the Dogs will find a way to pull this out in a high scoring affair...Roschon will get his and be a handful...the kid is simply too talented not to despite the fact that Nederland's D has been really good this year...game plan here will be to wear him down over the course of the game with physical play...he needs to leave this game tired!!!!  As it did last year, it may come down to who has the ball last and who manages the game better, so advantage Nederland there in my book.

We WERE the favorites. That train left the station. Ned always tries to go in as the underdogs. Always downplaying. Yall are ranked and undefeated. Nederland is the favorite in this game.

10 minutes ago, OneChance said:

I can’t stand MCM now a days, Neuman and Barrow are too good of guys to just really be disgusted with Nederland. Nederland needs Bobby August to come back, that way I can really just dislike Nederland again, lol!

You just say that because Bobby August was the last Nederland coach that y’all could beat....

1 hour ago, RoschonsBigBro said:

lol and the kids are just getting started too!

Its gonna be a good game. Excited for it. BF v Barrow 2. Who can make the better gameplan this go round? Faircloth better get it together, it won't get easier to beat Ned without Roschon.

Just read some of the back and forth and its funny. Nederlands band kids are excited because they can play "Neck". Talking out the side of your neck is a song 30 plus years old! Maybe 40. Bless their hearts, I dont wanna ruin their excitement. Go out and show me something.

Maybe its because I was the White guy at a black school (TJ, and P.V.) but "neck" isn't something that anyone gets excited for unless you have an Auschwitz band director who is so white and out of the loop that he/she thinks that their listening to NWA when it comes on lol.  Its kinda whats played at a football game, neck, ESPN, etc. Vidor plays it too, heck. Speaking of bands, cant wait to get out to Bayou Classic and the PV v TSU game. 

Well Well Well, the time has come.  You all know I was going to pick the Indians in a close one, but with all the injuries to the puppies, this is going to be an all out blowout.  Shug is going to have his way with this Defense.    Nederland will not be able to run the ball so all we have to do is cover the WR's.  Blaysin will be the only running attack they have, but he is easy to stop without another RB back there that we don't have to worry about.  Will the over/under be at around 100?  Shug will set records Friday.  

SHUG     45

Ned         24

17 minutes ago, Jack Da Rabbit said:

Its gonna be a good game. Excited for it. BF v Barrow 2. Who can make the better gameplan this go round? Faircloth better get it together, it won't get easier to beat Ned without Roschon.

Just read some of the back and forth and its funny. Nederlands band kids are excited because they can play "Neck". Talking out the side of your neck is a song 30 plus years old! Maybe 40. Bless their hearts, I dont wanna ruin their excitement. Go out and show me something.

Maybe its because I was the White guy at a black school (TJ, and P.V.) but "neck" isn't something that anyone gets excited for unless you have an Auschwitz band director who is so white and out of the loop that he/she thinks that their listening to NWA when it comes on lol.  Its kinda whats played at a football game, neck, ESPN, etc. Vidor plays it too, heck. Speaking of bands, cant wait to get out to Bayou Classic and the PV v TSU game. 

HA, I will beleive it when i see it.  Nederlands band is so boring.  They wont let their kids have any fun like that.

23 minutes ago, Jack Da Rabbit said:

They are talking about LSU’s version of “Neck” which the school banned them from playing in 2010.  Google it 

33 minutes ago, NDNation said:

I always see Nederlands Band having fun in the stands. They have a big band like us.

I know what your saying but I am talking about fun songs to play.  They do have a great band but they play the same ol stuff when we play them.  I definitely love to see and  hear all the bands having a great time in the stands

PNG leading Rb Rusher only has 359 yards???!!! Wow!!! Roschon has no help in the running game. Well, they better find one better next year because Deslatte has even less and hasnt shown he can be healthy. Ned has(had) two solid performers at rb, definitely not anything to be overly concerned over  but they are more effective at RB than PNG. Way more effective. Passing, Shug doubles Fernandez. They both have missed time but you expect the stat to skew in Roschons favor there. Cejas has quietly put himself in PNG lore as another 1000 yard WR. If he continues, he has a chance to break Riggs yardage! I guess Elam didnt put a Ned Wr yardage total because it was too low on the list. All of this is via Ashly Elam of Vypesetx

Rushing

R. Johnson (PNG) 965

Scott (NED) 959 (Out)

Mazyck (NED) 573

Williams (PNG) 359  

Passing

Johnson (PNG) 1,653

Fernandez (NED) 873

McMorris (NED) 461

Recieving

Ceja (PNG) 52-1,180

in neds defense,no single player will have tons of stats when so many players have been used in different positions,both qb's have played half the time,about 4 rb's have been used,and about 10 different players at receiver,its all been spread out plus half the games after halftime its been lets just grind the clock and get outta here!!Is it Friday yet...

9 hours ago, badndn said:

I was about to post same thing. 

The only similar thing is the standings. My god, you had Dustin Long, arguably the best QB I have seen. You had Bergeron and ran the toss sweep to perfection. You had a hard hitting defense that could stop anyone. Sure, Nederland had the talent and was averaging 40+ ppg. We had one of those cough up the ball games and couldn't recover. PNG was that good. Long made a spectacular comeback against Stephenville and almost pulled out the win. My memory keeps me from recalling all the player's names.

This year, PNG has an amazing talent at QB, but he is no Dustin Long in IMO. Your defense is suspect and Nederland's ball control should prevail. Our defense is very consistent and should key on Shug. He can have 500 yards rushing between the 20s for all I care. He will get his but it will be tough.

I am a UT fan and can't wait to see him in burnt orange. Until then, he is the enemy for one week.  

I say Ned 30-21.