Mid County Madness Ned v PNG

RoschonsBigBro

Well you already know who im rolling with and why. Dont wanna beat a dead horse lol. In years past i probably wouldve had more to say but this year im hust hopeful and confident. Havent had as much to say about shug this year since everything he does is expected at this point and you guys keep him a relevant topic anyways lol. 

Anyways Looking forward to a good game and praying my job doesnt screw me out of making it home

10 hours ago, Aggie521 said:

The circumstances of this game are very similar to 1999....PNG was 5-1 in district, Nederland was undefeated and pretty much blew everyone out that year with their potent offense. An outright district championship was on the line for Nederland, a co-district championship for PNG. I think we all know how that turned out. Will history repeat itself?

I was about to post same thing. 

Looks like it could be a wet, windy and chilly game. 

Faircloth has to come with more than RJ left and RJ right. I think the defense will play good but truth is Nederland will be better prepared. Coaching has been the difference in this game for a while now. 

That is not a knock on our coaches but Nederland will change things up and go away from everything they have done all season to exploit any weakness we have or any consistent pattern. We can't roll out there with the same 5 or 6 plays and hope they work. 

19 minutes ago, RoschonsBigBro said:

Its all bulldogs in the pickems. BF history vs nederland has everyone picking against us. Should be all good motivation 

The predictions are based on what’s happened lately in the series. Doesn’t assure a win in my book. Roschon is the best player anytime he steps on the field at this level. He has the ball in his hands every play, and must be accounted for. Still feel like he is going to need some help from his supporting cast. Even with 30 plus carries he’s gonna need someone to stretch the field or somebody to help him tote the mail and move the chains. Will he get that help? Friday cant get here soon enough!!!

png along with Crosby were everyone's pre-season pick to win this district, so the argument can be made that they should be the favorites...they lost 2 games without Roschon and a crazy forfeit...put it this way, if Roschon doesn't play, then I will buy the "Nederland is favored" routine, but if he is in the game, png SHOULD win...the fact that Nederland has beaten them once already in his 3 years has to be disappointing for png...to have a once in a generation talent and still not be able to get over on Nederland has to hurt...if they lose 2/3, well, the sting will just be that much greater.

Consider this a toss up!  I happen to think the Dogs will find a way to pull this out in a high scoring affair...Roschon will get his and be a handful...the kid is simply too talented not to despite the fact that Nederland's D has been really good this year...game plan here will be to wear him down over the course of the game with physical play...he needs to leave this game tired!!!!  As it did last year, it may come down to who has the ball last and who manages the game better, so advantage Nederland there in my book.