Port Neches-Groves 31 Barbers Hill 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

25 minutes ago, badndn said:

PNG runs a lot of read option. That being the case, the real question is not why Shug totedย it 36 times, but why BH allowed him to?

I get the read option offense, but that's a silly statement. Most of the runs we're straight QB running plays, not read option. 36 carries are totally on the coaching staff, not Shug. They even had him punt, which he can't do.

18 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

Yup our runningbacks didnt touch the ball till the second half smh. BF tried two reverses nd they got blowed up. He needs to throw that bs ou the window. BHILL DEFENSE couldnt stop ur passing game nowheres on the field. They looked worse than Sante Fe.

Couldn't stop Ceja, he was the only one. A better Defense will double him and spy RJ, then y'all will have to hope someone else steps up. I neverstood why our D was giving Ceja cushion and no help over the top.

9 hours ago, bulldawg64 said:

Hate to hear that hope he will be ok for next season we lost our rb tonight for the season

ย I really hate hearing about all of these injuries. This year seems to be a tough one. I know none of our kids want to miss out on MCM. Hopefully he isnโ€™t a senior and will have next year.

20 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I get the read option offense, but that's a silly statement. Most of the runs we're straight QB running plays, not read option. 36 carries are totally on the coaching staff, not Shug. They even had him punt, which he can't do.

You are right it was on the coaching staff, they werenโ€™t even trying to utilize any other players. Itโ€™s very frustrating for those kids on the field.ย 

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

You're killing me, I looked at Texas QB this year and Herman runs his QB 7-10 times on average per game. The highest was 17 carries in one game. I don't know where or what y'all know about football, but running your QB 36 times in a game and that's all of the time is crazy. I remember Bama kid being a band guy, I guess maybe you were too? Lol

Yeah buddy -ย I killed it in the woodwinds. 1st chair as a freshman, had an article in the paper and everything.

I understand his parentsโ€™ trepidation towards his carries in high school, and the potential for wear and tear. I also understand a coach using his best offensive weapon while he has it. Nobody at PNG was worried when Bergeron, Gouhlke or Hemmings was toting the rock 30+ times a game. Some of yโ€™all were begging for this kid to go both ways last year.ย 

Point is: Parents want to secure his future - Coaches want to secure theirs.ย 

Iโ€™ll go back to polishing my saxophone now

46 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Couldn't stop Ceja, he was the only one. A better Defense will double him and spy RJ, then y'all will have to hope someone else steps up. I neverstood why our D was giving Ceja cushion and no help over the top.

Yeah...I was trying to figure out why he had an 8yd cushion on every friggin' play too. ย However, I will maintain as well...on offense, when you can't catch a cold, you're not gonna win. ย Poor old Spencer did a Yeoman's job despite not a having a D off balance with our passing attack.

ย 

21 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Yeah buddy -ย I killed it in the woodwinds. 1st chair as a freshman, had an article in the paper and everything.

I understand his parentsโ€™ trepidation towards his carries in high school, and the potential for wear and tear. I also understand a coach using his best offensive weapon while he has it. Nobody at PNG was worried when Bergeron, Gouhlke or Hemmings was toting the rock 30+ times a game. Some of yโ€™all were begging for this kid to go both ways last year.ย 

Point is: Parents want to secure his future - Coaches want to secure theirs.ย 

Iโ€™ll go back to polishing my saxophone now

You just named all RB's under Coach Burnett in a run heavy offense. Name another QB at PNG and under BF that ran that much? Doty, Morse, and think I may forgetting one. How do you know others won't step up if you don't try? BF has this record because of RJ, now he needs to give back and take the load off. Remember, RJ enrolling at UT a couple of months after the season is over.

6 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

You just named all RB's under Coach Burnett in a run heavy offense. Name another QB at PNG and under BF that ran that much? Doty, Morse, and think I may forgetting one. How do you know others won't step up if you don't try? BF has this record because of RJ, now he needs to give back and take the load off. Remember, RJ enrolling at UT a couple of months after the season is over.

I understand that - isnโ€™t RJ one of the top 5 leading rushers in the history of PNG. One could say his ability to run the football makes up a substantial part of that offense due to his God-given talents and hard work. I would assume neither Doty nor Morse were the runners he is.ย 

After doing a little digging, I found the following info in regards to Herman and his QBs:

2014 (Ohio State) JT Barrett: 938 yards/11 TDsย 

2015 (Houston) Greg Ward Jr: 1114 yards/21 TDs

I donโ€™t believe heโ€™ll run the ball 30+ times At UT, but weโ€™reย delusional if we donโ€™t think his ability to run the ball wont be incorporated in the offense.

11 minutes ago, The Icon said:

I understand that - isnโ€™t RJ one of the top 5 leading rushers in the history of PNG. One could say his ability to run the football makes up a substantial part of that offense due to his God-given talents and hard work. I would assume neither Doty nor Morse were the runners he is.ย 

After doing a little digging, I found the following info in regards to Herman and his QBs:

I donโ€™t believe heโ€™ll run the ball 30+ times At UT, but weโ€™reย delusional if we donโ€™t think his ability to run the ball wont be incorporated in the offense.

Yes roschon is 2nd in rushing. Still they shouldve ranb the ball with the rbs more last night. That was alott

16 minutes ago, The Icon said:

16 minutes ago, The Icon said:

17 minutes ago, The Icon said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. You're going to be one of the leading rushers in history if you start as a freshman and run the ball 35 plus times a game.

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

Havenโ€™t they always had the QB punt sometimes though, I remember Morse punting they little quick kick after lining up like they were gonna go for it a few times. Was it a clear punting situation or something at about midfield where they lined up and he quick kicked?

3 hours ago, The Icon said:

Yโ€™all kill me with this โ€œWhy does Faircloth run him so much?โ€ stuff.ย 

Look, I get it. Nobody, including myself, wants that kid to get hurt. He has a very bright future. But if you donโ€™t think Herman is gonna run that kid when gets to UT, yโ€™all are insane.

Hard to put faith in the running game with the OL struggling all night to make blocks and provide lanes! Thatโ€™s when you rely on your horse to do the work! Shug makes sh$t happen. DAE DAE needs more touches....... the other back is good but we need a kid thatโ€™s gonna grind it out and hit the holes hard!ย BF is doing what he has to do to win. Iโ€™m not saying this team doesnโ€™t have players Im just saying so far they havenโ€™t fired on all cylinders this year. Well maybe against Silsbee and Santa Fe but thatโ€™s not really much to brag on!

ย 

12 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Havenโ€™t they always had the QB punt sometimes though, I remember Morse punting they little quick kick after lining up like they were gonna go for it a few times. Was it a clear punting situation or something at about midfield where they lined up and he quick kicked?

Morse can punt, RJ can't. It was midfield. The problem is jumping RJ butt after a 10 yd punt. Put your punter in if you want to be satisfied with a punt.

From the PA Newsย 

ย 

Roschon Johnson rushed 36 times for 216 yards and Jose Ceja caught seven receptions for 144 yards.ย Johnson completed 12 of 19 passes for 230 yards and took three sacks. Tyler Pippin had one reception for 45 yards, Peyton Proenza pulled down two for 17 yards and Cooper Hammond caught another for 9 yards.

All this criticism of BF for running RJ too much. I don't know a lot but I know this: If BF doesn't rely heavily on one of the most talented studs to come through PNG, he would have For Sale signs in his yard.ย  As fans, we like to second guess the coaches who spend 80 hours per week watching film, gameplanning and working extremely close with ALL of these kids.ย  I think they have a better grasp of what will lead to success on the field than we do.ย 

2 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

That was sort of random. Were you answering someone's question? I thought most of us knew RJ was a 3yr varsity player

Nvm, I just saw icon post you were replying to

Yes somenoneย above said he started as a freshman thus becoming our number two rusjerย of all time.

Yeah... there comes a point late in already decided gamesย where you should just have THAT kid handing the ball off to RBs. Even if you donโ€™t care about his future, you should at least be protecting him for MCM and the postseason. ย 

Can you imagine the poop storm if he got injured late in a meaningless point in the game?ย