Baytown Lee 62 Vidor 61/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I think he was trying to say that Vidor has very similar kids/athletes to Nederland and PNG.

He, and rightly so, is crediting those 57 wins to the Program that has been established in Nederland and the tradition of success that you and PNG have.

gotcha.

15 hours ago, Bootleg said:

Ned and Png are not superior to Vidor talent wise other that the occasional PA move in. They are superior in coaching however . 

I do not think talent wise they are much different but Vidor rarely if ever, are equal in physical size as Ned and PNG along with many other schools. For whatever reason Vidor just doesn't have many lineman sized athletes.

1 hour ago, vp93 said:

I do not think talent wise they are much different but Vidor rarely if ever, are equal in physical size as Ned and PNG along with many other schools. For whatever reason Vidor just doesn't have many lineman sized athletes.

I just look at the youth football programs and the top teams typically come from the same schools that are more successful than others at  the Varsity levels with the exception of Lumberton. Vidor has a youth team every so often that is somewhat successful, but never a string of teams like Nederland and PNG have.

14 minutes ago, OneChance said:

I just look at the youth football programs and the top teams typically come from the same schools that are more successful than others at  the Varsity levels with the exception of Lumberton. Vidor has a youth team every so often that is somewhat successful, but never a string of teams like Nederland and PNG have.

I think that if you look at the other league that during the down years at one league the other one is up. The kids have a choice as to which one they play in, whether it be to play for a certain coach or just with each other. PNG and Ned only have the one local option.

You could also contribute middle school

football too. Vidor has one middle school with an A and a B team. Kids on the B team for the most part will get discouraged and decide not to play in HS. Kids at Ned and PNG have two middle schools producing two A teams and two B teams, so now you have two groups of A teams combining in HS so your participation level in the 9th grade is already higher!

7 hours ago, OneChance said:

football too. Vidor has one middle school with an A and a B team. Kids on the B team for the most part will get discouraged and decide not to play in HS. Kids at Ned and PNG have two middle schools producing two A teams and two B teams, so now you have two groups of A teams combining in HS so your participation level in the 9th grade is already higher!

Bingo! Doesn’t Nederland have two middle schools as well?

8 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Bingo! Doesn’t Nederland have two middle schools as well?

7 hours ago, OneChance said:

L-Train you need to polish up those reading comprehension skills.

LOL

Just giving you a hard time, noting personal.

12 hours ago, vp93 said:

I think that if you look at the other league that during the down years at one league the other one is up. The kids have a choice as to which one they play in, whether it be to play for a certain coach or just with each other. PNG and Ned only have the one local option.

The two league thing is no bueno. Mi no gusta

14 hours ago, vp93 said:

What Vidor looks for in a lineman , especially on the offensive side of the ball is not the same as what most spread teams look for in a lineman. They look for quickness because in them tight formations with lots of pulling lineman they need to be fast enough to get to where they are going . The biguns quit as freshman.

51 minutes ago, Bootleg said:

What Vidor looks for in a lineman , especially on the offensive side of the ball is not the same as what most spread teams look for in a lineman. They look for quickness because in them tight formations with lots of pulling lineman they need to be fast enough to get to where they are going . The biguns quit as freshman.

I agree, but i think that it's why Vidor runs the offense we do. I disagree that the    biguns quit. This years sr group I can only think of 2 linemam that have quit since jr high and neither one would I consider big. My son worked to make himself "linemanish" size, gaining +50lbs in muscle between his Soph and this year, in moving from FB to d-line.