Baytown Lee 62 Vidor 61/FINAL

WOSgrad

Vidor fans have to be proud of these kids.  Outmanned, outgunned, But rarely out of the game.  Even with the adversity of heartbreaking losses and injuries, there aren’t many in the District would want to play them again.  My hats off to the Pirates and Coach Matthews.

10 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Vidor fans have to be proud of these kids.  Outmanned, outgunned, But rarely out of the game.  Even with the adversity of heartbreaking losses and injuries, there aren’t many in the District would want to play them again.  My hats off to the Pirates and Coach Matthews.

I would argue that Lee "out manned" any team this year. Depth is their biggest issue. 

My hats off to Vidor even though they were part of I-pad gate. These kids have played so hard losing in such crazy fashion. Two overtime losses and the loss on the last play tonight. If those flipped Vidor would be 3-2 in district with Dayton the only thing in the way of a playoff berth. Vidor was literally that close. Literally 10-12 points from being a playoff team. The greatest worst season for a team I may have ever seen

Old man Willie Settle had he still been alive would have been heartbroken over this season. That old man never missed a Vidor game. He loved him some Pirates. I remember way back in the 1970s' and 1980's when I went church with the Settle's in Beaumont he would always talk up his Pirates. Sure was a fine man and a huge Vidor fan.

Man what a tough break for Vidor. They announced the score at the Nederland game and Vidor was down a couple of touchdowns. But sounds like the boys never quit came back and had a shot to win it at the end. Way to fight to the end Vidor.

Also congrats to Baytown Lee i know for many many years y’all have been the bottom of the barrel teams in district and have a couple winless seasons. Happy for those kids to get a win tho I’m sure it was a Senior night for those kids and to finish their football career with a hard fought win in that fashion.