Buna 70 Hardin 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

15 hours ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

Is the coach still the town hero?

Oh, I'm sure.  Playoff shirts seem to be the indicator of a good season these days..especially to the mob (fans).  Don't get me wrong...Hardin surpassed my expectations as well as everyone else's I'm sure but that doesn't negate the fact that their only wins came against bad teams.  I never dreamed Orangefield and Kirbyville would've been as bad as they were this year.  Granted...OF lost their QB at a pretty bad time and from what I understand that completely changed the offense.  I'm glad for the sake of the Hardin kids that they got to win some games and taste success but the last 3 games of the season aren't going to be fun for any of them.  Other than getting to play at a neutral location late in the season.  Make no mistake, Buna will be a worse team than the next two coming up by far.  Hoping for an injury free experience for all. 

13 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Oh, I'm sure.  Playoff shirts seem to be the indicator of a good season these days..especially to the mob (fans).  Don't get me wrong...Hardin surpassed my expectations as well as everyone else's I'm sure but that doesn't negate the fact that their only wins came against bad teams I never dreamed Orangefield and Kirbyville would've been as bad as they were this year.  Granted...OF lost their QB at a pretty bad time and from what I understand that completely changed the offense.  I'm glad for the sake of the Hardin kids that they got to win some games and taste success but the last 3 games of the season aren't going to be fun for any of them.  Other than getting to play at a neutral location late in the season.  Make no mistake, Buna will be a worse team than the next two coming up by far.  Hoping for an injury free experience for all. 

i wonder if you'll change your mind if kirbyville beats buna this week ? then would hardin's 7-4 season carry a little more substance for critics such as yourself 

4 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

i wonder if you'll change your mind if kirbyville beats buna this week ? then would hardin's 7-4 season carry a little more substance for critics such as yourself 

Who's being a critic?  Look through Hardin's schedule and look for yourself how their opponents have done over the season.  Several of the teams they've beat have won ZERO games this year.  Several others have won 1, or 2, maybe 3... The only teams they've played with a winning record have beaten them 57-7 and 70-14.  I'm sorry if facts are offensive to some people but they're still facts.

4 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Who's being a critic?  Look through Hardin's schedule and look for yourself how their opponents have done over the season.  Several of the teams they've beat have won ZERO games this year.  Several others have won 1, or 2, maybe 3... The only teams they've played with a winning record have beaten them 57-7 and 70-14.  I'm sorry if facts are offensive to some people but they're still facts.

answer the question

4 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

answer the question

Yes.  If Kirbyville beats Buna then Hardin's 7-4 record will carry a little more substance.  Not by much...but yes.  It's hard for me to overlook all of these 0-9 and 1-8 wins (soon to be 0-10 and 1-9).  I'm going on a limb, though, and am gonna say that Kirbyville has about as good a chance of beating Buna as Hardin did.

4 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Yes.  If Kirbyville beats Buna then Hardin's 7-4 record will carry a little more substance.  Not by much...but yes.  It's hard for me to overlook all of these 0-9 and 1-8 wins (soon to be 0-10 and 1-9).  I'm going on a limb, though, and am gonna say that Kirbyville has about as good a chance of beating Buna as Hardin did.

fair enough

5 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

fair enough

I've said several times that I'm very happy for the kids and community at Hardin that they have more Ws in the column than Ls.  That's fun.  But...that doesn't mean that they are a good team it just means that they've had a good year.  There is a difference.  Am I happy for them? Ecstatic.  Will I agree that they are good/improved/better?  No.  It takes more than a 7-4 record for ONE SEASON to convince me of that.  There are too many variables.  There's a reason that Boise State never gets to play for a National Title even when they have an undefeated season.

What does it say about our current UIL playoff system when we're talking about playoff locations and a 70-14 loss to a third place team in the same thread. I'm glad the Hardin club got to experience 7 wins, my hometown club hasn't won 7 games in years. My question is what's wrong with our playoff format? 

10 minutes ago, whsalum said:

What does it say about our current UIL playoff system when we're talking about playoff locations and a 70-14 loss to a third place team in the same thread. I'm glad the Hardin club got to experience 7 wins, my hometown club hasn't won 7 games in years. My question is what's wrong with our playoff format? 

My opinion is that it should have never expanded past two teams from each district...

1 hour ago, 88Warrior said:

My opinion is that it should have never expanded past two teams from each district...

The problem with that is that you get 3 and 4 seeds winning their first-round games every year.  As much as I hate to say it..that kind of justifies it a little bit.  Even if it doesn't always happen.  There are some districts in the state that are loaded compared to other districts and there are some districts that are garbage compared to other districts..just the nature of it.