Bridge City 28 Livingston 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

The Livingston Lions draw closer to the end of the 2018 football season as they travel to Orange County to take on the Bridge City Cardinals.  Finis Vanover's squad is still in search of their first win of the season after falling to Little Cypress-Mauricevile 21-0 last week.  Meanwhile, Allen DeShazo's Cardinals stand at 1-7 on the season and 0-3 in district after a 34-0 loss to Lumberton last week.

Join Ken Luck for all of the action from Larry Ward Stadium in Bridge City at 7:30 pm by tuning your radio to KETX 92.3 FM or by clicking on the following link:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Livingston Lion Football on The Eagle, KETX 92.3 FM and Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports.cpom!

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Apparently both teams have agreed that this contest will conducted as an aggressive game of two-below. 

Apparently you need a new name, you're not much of a cardinal backer!! BC is young and will get where they need to be in time. How about trying to be supportive instead of condescending. 

3 minutes ago, kicker 2.0 said:

Heard y’all had a great 8th grade group that will be pretty salty when they get to HS next year.

In 16 our freshman team went undefeated and had kids move up to play effectively on the varsity team during the playoffs. That’s the same group and kids that will finish with one win in the district this year. You can’t predict the future based on success at lower levels. Some kids quit. Some kids never grow. Some kids hangout at Whataburger and smoke a lot of weed instead of hitting the weight room. 

This group has made me pretty skeptical of future groups. 

I agree junior high and sub varsity success doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. What i do hope to see, is continuity with the coaches and the offseason program. Kids do have to buy in and commit like CardinalBacker said, we have some hard working kids coming up and hopefully they can continue to get better. That's all we can really ask for at this point. Get better everyday.

9 hours ago, DLivingston said:

I agree junior high and sub varsity success doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. What i do hope to see, is continuity with the coaches and the offseason program. Kids do have to buy in and commit like CardinalBacker said, we have some hard working kids coming up and hopefully they can continue to get better. That's all we can really ask for at this point. Get better everyday.

That’s the real problem in Livingston... there’s no history of success and no real expectations in the community. When you look at other communities where there is an amount of pride... where kids work hard towards the day where they can take the field as an Indian or a Bulldog or a Mustang, even if their place is on the o-line. You don’t have that in Livingston.  

It doesn’t helps that they’ve been bounced around from district to district so much that there are no rivalries, either.