Vidor @ Baytown Lee

Boneyard Boys

that 2003 squad had talent...unfortunately they didn't have luck. they lost 5 games by a combined 13 points I believe. with a break here and there, that could've been a 7-3 season. that was when Coach Rice took over as OC for one season and brought in an west coast offense. I will always back the Pirates, but that confused me. We had been an option/wishbone team for a while, and had the speedy Culbert to lead it with...and when he finally took the reigns at QB..they brought in the west coast scheme.

I would love to see some variation, but I do love a good power run game..if you have the horses to do it.

6 minutes ago, LC-M said:

I have buddy and his kid plays over there and they are not happy about them not throwing the ball im sure he is not the only one. I know the HC sees it but you have to start in Jr High throwing the ball and practice it.

Exactly....Some think you can change your offense at halftime. And others think you should open up your playbook? It doesn't work like that. It's tough enough to run your bread and butter  consistently. 

1 hour ago, grayhair777 said:

Mathews is 90-107 in his time at Vidor why is he still there .....must be a homeboy?  

losing becomes a habit after a while !!

Yep, sorta like my Cowboys! Time for the Cowboys Head Clapper to move on too! In Matthews defense he doesn’t get to pick his players. He gets what he gets but if he can’t be a little more diverse & creative  on offense and hire a real defensive coordinator then it’s time for him to go. He’s overpaid for what he produces. Just being real.

22 minutes ago, Realville said:

Yep, sorta like my Cowboys! Time for the Cowboys Head Clapper to move on! In Matthews defense he doesn’t get to pick his players. He gets what he gets but if he can’t be a little more diverse & creative  on offense and hire a real defensive coordinator then it’s time for him to go. He’s overpaid for what he produces. Just being real.

Who’s the Dc? credeur still OC

37 minutes ago, Realville said:

Yep, sorta like my Cowboys! Time for the Cowboys Head Clapper to move on too! In Matthews defense he doesn’t get to pick his players. He gets what he gets but if he can’t be a little more diverse & creative  on offense and hire a real defensive coordinator then it’s time for him to go. He’s overpaid for what he produces. Just being real.

Yal killed me last year for having this same point lol