Question about filming

dBerrySports

Is the rule that got PNG to forfeit a Texas-only rule? Because I know Hudl Sideline is a big thing to schools that can afford it in Florida and other states. But it gives you the film in real-time from the camera to a TV on the sideline. I'm very surprised that Texas has this rule of all states. But if someone knows, let me know. I'm curious.

Prohibited Field Equipment ARTICLE 11.

Jurisdiction regarding the presence and location of communication equipment (cameras, sound devices, etc.) within the playing enclosure resides with game management personnel.

a. Television replay or monitor equipment is prohibited at the sidelines, press box or other locations within the playing enclosure for coaching purposes during the game. Motion pictures, any type of film, facsimile machines, videotapes, photographs, writing-transmission machines and computers may not be used by coaches or for coaching purposes any time during the game or between periods. (Exception: Monitors may be used only to view the live telecast or webcast. The home team is responsible for assuring identical television capability in the coaches’ booths of both teams. This capability may not include replay equipment or recorders.)

b. Only voice communication between the press box and team area is permitted. Where press-box space is not adequate, only voice communication may originate from any area in the stands between the 25-yard lines extended to the top of the stadium. No other communication for coaching purposes is permitted anywhere else.

c. Media communication equipment, including cameras, sound devices, computers and microphones, is prohibited on or above the field, or in or above the team area (Rule 2-31-1). 

14 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

Is the rule that got PNG to forfeit a Texas-only rule? Because I know Hudl Sideline is a big thing to schools that can afford it in Florida and other states. But it gives you the film in real-time from the camera to a TV on the sideline. I'm very surprised that Texas has this rule of all states. But if someone knows, let me know. I'm curious.

It is an NCAA rule. Which Texas High School football follows, unless otherwise stated.

Other states, with the exception of California, play National Federation Rules, which allow it.