12-5a-ll REALISTIC PLAYOFF EXPECTATIONS

PABorn

Yah the only team that has a chance is PNG and that's only if they drastically improve on defense. I've said it before and I know it's crazy but maybe they should have a couple of players rotating in an out playing both sides of the ball. I know Nederland does that somewhat with some of their Defensive backs. They should do it more because a couple of them are more productive at the wreceiver position than the starting receivers. 

8 minutes ago, PABorn said:

Yah the only team that has a chance is PNG and that's only if they drastically improve on defense. I've said it before and I know it's crazy but maybe they should have a couple of players rotating in an out playing both sides of the ball. I know Nederland does that somewhat with some of their Defensive backs. They should do it more because a couple of them are more productive at the wreceiver position than the starting receivers. 

Using your talented athletes both ways and subbing makes sense. Which is precisely why PNG don't do it. It took Crosby putting up 69 to get Hughes on CB in the playoffs last year. They had a rb run a 70 yard TD and never put him back in until trash time last game. Roschon hasnt even had a run like that this year. IF IT WORKS OR MAKES SENSE, PNG SAYS HELL WITH IT!

25 minutes ago, PABorn said:

I remember Rose playing both ways. Kid was a work horse.Never left the field. Lejeune played defense and RB during the playoffs a couple of years ago. I'm wracking my brain for any others that played a significant part on both sides of the ball. Did McZeal go in on defense a little?

17 minutes ago, NDNation said:

I remember Rose playing both ways. Kid was a work horse.Never left the field. Lejeune played defense and RB during the playoffs a couple of years ago. I'm wracking my brain for any others that played a significant part on both sides of the ball. Did McZeal go in on defense a little?

Yes as a DE but all of his best plays came on O. Lejeune was a great lead blocker as a rb because he loved to hit. My brother JJ (Rose) was just the most dynamic athlete on his squad.  Hughes played both ways. Shug in emergencies. But other than that, my knowledge is limited to 2016.

40 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Yes as a DE but all of his best plays came on O. Lejeune was a great lead blocker as a rb because he loved to hit. My brother JJ (Rose) was just the most dynamic athlete on his squad.  Hughes played both ways. Shug in emergencies. But other than that, my knowledge is limited to 2016.

Can ya'll imagine if Jeremiah was catching passes from Roschon? The offense would be terrifying. 

I wouldn't say that PNG gets past third round, just depends. I have them going 1-1 in the last 2 games. That would have them most likely getting Willowridge, Marshall (east texas)/Lamar Consolidated winner, and then getting either Manvel or Huntsville 3rd round. That's a tough road. the key will be defense .

3 hours ago, PABorn said:

So are we in agreement that PNG is the only team in the district  that has a shot at getting past the 3rd round. 

Uhh....nahhhh. Not enough defense. High powered offenses and no defense turn to barn burners. This Nederland D reminds me of the 2012 team, yes the offense was better but not that much better just a little in the receiving game, our run game is better than it was in 2012. I think Ned has as equal of a chance to the third round as PNG does, they keep having to many close games (PNG) that won’t last on these better teams. 

1 hour ago, Bulldogpower said:

Uhh....nahhhh. Not enough defense. High powered offenses and no defense turn to barn burners. This Nederland D reminds me of the 2012 team, yes the offense was better but not that much better just a little in the receiving game, our run game is better than it was in 2012. I think Ned has as equal of a chance to the third round as PNG does, they keep having to many close games (PNG) that won’t last on these better teams. 

I agree that the defense is bad but I think that the offense can score enough to hang with most teams. The bulldogs are the complete opposite. They have a run run and run again offense because they can't do anything else, and once someone loads the box and takes away the flats on them it's over. Unless the defense can put up major points in the playoffs I don't see Nederland going past the 2nd round, certainly not the 3rd. 

Huntsville defense shut PNG out. Only team that has just flat shut the ndns down in the three years with RJ at helm. They were in the backfield all night long. Very impressive  

If they had a little more on the offensive side, they’d play at Jerry World in 2018. 

PNG. will struggle with dual threat qb like FB Marshall. 

5 minutes ago, badndn said:

Huntsville defense shut PNG out. Only team that has just flat shut the ndns down in the three years with RJ at helm. They were in the backfield all night long. Very impressive  

If they had a little more on the offensive side, they’d play at Jerry World in 2018. 

PNG. will struggle with dual threat qb like FB Marshall. 

Huntsville was the game that RJ went out in. I know it was a tough game for them even before that but I think it's a different type game if that doesn't happen. It would be a pretty dang good rematch if they meet up in the playoffs. 

11 minutes ago, PABorn said:

Huntsville was the game that RJ went out in. I know it was a tough game for them even before that but I think it's a different type game if that doesn't happen. It would be a pretty dang good rematch if they meet up in the playoffs. 

RJ went out late in that game. Fourth Q. It was already over by then. And he went out in part because he was getting hammered. Probably our poorest line play in years in that game, but alot of credit for that goes to Sweat and co. 

54 minutes ago, PABorn said:

I agree that the defense is bad but I think that the offense can score enough to hang with most teams. The bulldogs are the complete opposite. They have a run run and run again offense because they can't do anything else, and once someone loads the box and takes away the flats on them it's over. Unless the defense can put up major points in the playoffs I don't see Nederland going past the 2nd round, certainly not the 3rd. 

All PNG has to do is face a D that is a little better than Crosby or Vidors and it’s over with. Those games were decided by a score, that’s living on the fringes. Only game so far Ned has had to sneak out with was BH so far. PNG had to sneak out Dayton, Vidor and Crosby. And I think we can agree a second round D is better than three bottom of district teams. They have allowed 129 points so far as PNG as allowed 210 points. Not gonna fly with a second or even third round team.