12-5a-ll REALISTIC PLAYOFF EXPECTATIONS

PABorn

3 hours ago, PABorn said:

Yah I know I know, "he does what the coach asks him to do." That's the point I'm making. He can't ask him to do anything else other than run an throw the flats route! How is that not obvious. So what if he was the next man up, there's a next man up on the side line that can do more for the team than the line backer playing quarterback. 

A linebacker playing quarterback that is soft.... you’re making perfect sense...

38 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

A linebacker playing quarterback that is soft.... you’re making perfect sense...

Touché. I was more so referring to his build and style of play, maybe I shouldn't have gone as far as calling the kid soft. But from what I've seen, he comes out of the game to often because he's "hurt". When I played, you'd just get back up and play through it. You make them take you off the field. And I've said what my opinion is about Nederlands playoff hopes, they don't have a chance at getting out of the 3rd round, solely on the fact that the coaches can't open up the playbook.  This thread got focused on just Nederland. It was supposed to be focused on the whole district. 

There's some tough teams in Region 3.

#1 and #2 seed might win first round. #3 and #4 seed has an uphill fight first round with FB Marshall and Manvel. PNG possibly gets Willowridge first round. That's no pushover game. Nederland probably gets Houston Sterling first round. It's very possible this district goes 1-3 first round. I'd say 3 rounds is a stretch.

38 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

There's some tough teams in Region 3.

#1 and #2 seed might win first round. #3 and #4 seed has an uphill fight first round with FB Marshall and Manvel. PNG possibly gets Willowridge first round. That's no pushover game. Nederland probably gets Houston Sterling first round. It's very possible this district goes 1-3 first round. I'd say 3 rounds is a stretch.

I agree it's a stretch for any of the teams other than PNG. But the 3rd round is definitely the max for all of the teams in the area that will be in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, chorizo said:

lol,i don't know any of these guys writing on here,i could careless who plays qb,i wanna win,,blaysin can play anywhere,bryce cant,blaysin is a leader,bryce aint,blaysin is vocal and a motivator,bryce aint,he is shy,blaysin has big game experience,bryce doesn't,blaysin is aggressive and Bryce isn't,,Bryce throws a prettier ball,and a better arm,i don't hide anything,i tell them that to their face,i don't sugar coat anything,im not the dad that's gonna lie and say you played good when you sucked,ask em,i don't mind hurting feelings.Bottom line we can all sit in the stands and speculate why on Friday nights,but the coaches have a reason why they do things,they see them everyday at practice,if nederland was a pocket passing team then Bryce is better choice,but when has that been nederlands game plan,i can assure you seay and others weren't pocket passers,just not their thing..so bottom line I could careless what my boys do on Friday nights as long as we win and they have fun doing it,making memories with friends,in the big picture they only have a few games left in em and football will be over forever for them...so with that being said nobody really cares what anybody says,obviously your not playing or coaching in the NFL,so let the players enjoy their high school days with friends!!!

You forgot a couple things. Better accuracy, better vision, better decision making, tall enough to see over the line, can throw on the move and in the pocket, and I have to disagree with not having "big game" experience. He led the team to the win in Barbers Hill as well as WOS.  As far as all the other stuff you named  I wouldn't know unless I knew the kids. I'm just stating my opinion based on what I've seen on the field and listened to on the radio. 

Also, how am I not letting the players enjoy their high school days with friends by posting on a forum about southeast Texas football? 

5 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I have it Ned, PNG,BH, Santa Fe

First Round,

Ned vs. Hous. Sterling

PNG vs. FB Willowridge

BH vs. Manvel

Santa Fe vs. FB Marshall

Second Round

Ned vs. Whitehouse

PNG vs. Marshall (East Texas)

Possible Third Round

Ned vs. FB Marshall

PNG vs. Huntsville or Manvel

we can work with Huntsville if we dont drop the damn ball 4-5x again.

Im leary against anyone with Manvels offensive ability against us

They are about the same height lol,but im done,i could really careless,we could go back and forth all day,not gonna change a thing,coaches could give a rats ass what you or I think so this is all pointless,,again I just want them to win the games they should win,nothing more.Doesnt matter to me which kid plays where!!

22 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

we can work with Huntsville if we dont drop the damn ball 4-5x again.

Im leary against anyone with Manvels offensive ability against us

Willowridge could be a tough out, if the season finishes like I think it will. Didn't they give y'all fit's in 2016? I think PNG won 28-14, but it closer then the score if I remember right.

Yah Manvel is going to be a tough game for anyone around here. I watched both Png and Ned games last year at reliant and that team was filled with grown men. Idk how many they graduated but I can only assume that it's going to be the same type team this year. 

11 minutes ago, PABorn said:

Yah Manvel is going to be a tough game for anyone around here. I watched both Png and Ned games last year at reliant and that team was filled with grown men. Idk how many they graduated but I can only assume that it's going to be the same type team this year. 

They lost a whole lot and the new high school took away a bunch. They aren’t the Manvel of years past I can tell you that 

Guest ECBucFan
3 hours ago, PABorn said:

Crosby beat them, and likely will finish as the 5th pace team. Manvel is not Manvel anymore. 

1 hour ago, ECBucFan said:

Crosby beat them, and likely will finish as the 5th pace team. Manvel is not Manvel anymore. 

I was at the game and you are right Manvel lost their head coach who is the qb coach at Syracuse now and 18 starters. But if they played Crosby 10 times Crosby would win that 1 game. Manvel turned the ball over I believe 4 times and had a ton of costly penalties and still had over 600 yds offense. Crosby had 0 turnovers and I believe only 3 penalties. Nobody from this district will even play Manvel or Marshall close unless they play an absolutely perfect game and Manvel or Marshall just fall apart. 

10 minutes ago, grayhair777 said:

look at film from the Houston teams that best us every year, they run & gun you all game long ....he has the team this year on both sides of the ball , don't wast a great season .

Exactly my point. Why not raise your expectations this year by rolling out an offense that can bring you farther than a couple of rounds in the playoffs. 

8 hours ago, bronco pride said:

I was at the game and you are right Manvel lost their head coach who is the qb coach at Syracuse now and 18 starters. But if they played Crosby 10 times Crosby would win that 1 game. Manvel turned the ball over I believe 4 times and had a ton of costly penalties and still had over 600 yds offense. Crosby had 0 turnovers and I believe only 3 penalties. Nobody from this district will even play Manvel or Marshall close unless they play an absolutely perfect game and Manvel or Marshall just fall apart. 

Didn't realize the game went like that. Just saw the end score. But if this was the case then it sounds to me like Manvel may not be the Manvel from last year but they are still star contenders. Great programs have depth and the next man up isn't always a downgrade. 

1 hour ago, PABorn said:

Exactly my point. Why not raise your expectations this year by rolling out an offense that can bring you farther than a couple of rounds in the playoffs. 

Didn't realize the game went like that. Just saw the end score. But if this was the case then it sounds to me like Manvel may not be the Manvel from last year but they are still star contenders. Great programs have depth and the next man up isn't always a downgrade. 

You are right they are not the Manvel from last year but they are the biggest most athletic team I have seen in person this year. Marshall is the one that's scary. They beat Manvel basically running the wildcat waiting for their transfer QB to be approved by the UIL. The kids name is Malik Hornsbery and is the #1 dual threat QB for 2020 and can absolutely fly and has a big arm. Kids also about 6"2. I'm going to be watching them the first round whoever they catch from our district.