12-5a-ll REALISTIC PLAYOFF EXPECTATIONS

PABorn

Nederland doesn't have an offense to get anywhere. Png doesn't have a defense to stop any one. Barbers Hill and Crosby don't have either. If Nederland or Port Neches could some how improve on their less than impressive sides of the ball then maybe just maybe they could get past round three, but until a substantial change then I don't see it happening. 

8 minutes ago, PABorn said:

Nederland doesn't have an offense to get anywhere. Png doesn't have a defense to stop any one. Barbers Hill and Crosby don't have either. If Nederland or Port Neches could some how improve on their less than impressive sides of the ball then maybe just maybe they could get past round three, but until a substantial change then I don't see it happening. 

I think the Nederland D is there but looking back on our 2012 team which went to the Q-finals the offense was much better and the one today, not sure if they realignment will help by filtering out the bigger schools with manvel and whatnot still being a factor. Will be interesting to see. 

6 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

I think the Nederland D is there but looking back on our 2012 team which went to the Q-finals the offense was much better and the one today, not sure if they realignment will help by filtering out the bigger schools with manvel and whatnot still being a factor. Will be interesting to see. 

I agree. The offense is just enough to win a District title. I would love to see them go deep but it's like Coach Barrow won't open up their play book, which you would think from past experiences that he would try to change it up. They have the defense to stop high powered offenses. 

39 minutes ago, PABorn said:

I agree. The offense is just enough to win a District title. I would love to see them go deep but it's like Coach Barrow won't open up their play book, which you would think from past experiences that he would try to change it up. They have the defense to stop high powered offenses. 

i'v been waiting for him to open it up!!

Speaking from what I know with this team,I’ve coached this senior and junior group of young men since they were 7 in multiple sports,,no we do not have the horses to go win a state championship,but we do have the coaching and the heart to show up every single week and leave it all on the field,If we play perfect games and other teams make mistakes,anything is possible!with that being said,just keep busting your butts and playing hard,no matter what happens you guys have made me proud and I hate that the show is almost over!!Good luck the rest of the way and just keep proven the doubters wrong!!!

#shock’em

1 hour ago, Proud Dawg said:

How would y’all like him to open up the offense

To have some sort of passing game that can get you out of 3rd and longs, or to pass on first down. Something other than run, run, run, punt with the qb. Oh I forgot about the occasional roll out pass in the flats. The Qb is not a quarterback than can win with his arm, and in the playoffs you are going to have to be able to do that. After the first round the bulldogs are going to be playing teams that are at a higher level than what they've played in district. These teams will be able to analyze film better than the teams in our district. What happens when they run into a team that loads the box and takes the flats away? The offense is so predictable and one demensional. They are set up a lot like the saints, they have two quarterbacks ones a pure athlete and the other is a pure quarterback, they have two running backs that can get it done on the ground, and one receiver that they like to target. The saints use their quarterback that can throw (Bree's) the ball 95% of the time, then they dabble in the athletic qb (#7) to give teams another look. It keeps them guessing and adds depth to your playbook. The bulldogs have it backwards man. They have a quarterback on the bench that should be starting so that they can add another demension to the offense. He's proven he can work under pressure. He did it in Barbers hill. What's going to happen is that they are going to get down in the playoffs, put the back up in and then it's to late cause the kid hasn't gotten the reps he should've been getting all year, Barrow doesn't even take the starter out when they are up big coming out of half time, he definitely makes you scratch your head. I wonder if they give him reps with the 1's in practice? I'm not saying the starter should be on the bench but he shouldn't be taking the snaps, whether he's a senior or not. They should be trying to go as deep as possible and to do so you have to open the playbook up and be able to pass the ball. It's almost like Barrow is going with this kid cause he owes him something for being a senior. In my opinion the bulldogs would have the same record and a much better shot at making a deep playoff run if they had the back up #1 in. How is this not being made more of a focus point by the critics and fans. Everyone's seen the difference in the offense when he's on the field. 

As as far as PNG goes, I think that they can score at will, their only problem is the damn defense. With the fire power they have in RJ and what he can do with his legs, maybe they should have some of their other studs on offense playing both ways. I know that's uncommon but something's gotta give when it comes to allowing the points their allowing. If PNG figures it out within the next two weeks then I say they have a shot at going deeeeeeeep. This Friday will be a huge test for their defense. I think they win no doubt, but will they hold down the BH offense is the question. 

I do like the fact of two qb rotation but from what I’ve seen blaysin adds something to this team that you can’t coach. He adds grit and that is important also. At 8-0 and having to play two good teams, I agree with the coaches to play blaysin and worry about the playoffs when they get here. We are not sure where it’s gonna fall yet much less worry about round three or four. 

10 minutes ago, Proud Dawg said:

I do like the fact of two qb rotation but from what I’ve seen blaysin adds something to this team that you can’t coach. He adds grit and that is important also. At 8-0 and having to play two good teams, I agree with the coaches to play blaysin and worry about the playoffs when they get here. We are not sure where it’s gonna fall yet much less worry about round three or four. 

GRIT? The kid gets "hurt" every other play. That's called  soft to me. Grit is way down the list of importance. Your right you can't coach grit. Of course we will never know. But the team would be 8-0 with either qb taking the snaps. They would just be in a much better position to make a run if they had #1 starting and #11 supplementing the offense. Instead of the other way around. It just doesn't make since the way they are doing things. It's working, an has always worked. Until 3rd round of playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, PABorn said:

GRIT? The kid gets "hurt" every other play. That's called  soft to me. Grit is way down the list of importance. Your right you can't coach grit. Of course we will never know. But the team would be 8-0 with either qb taking the snaps. They would just be in a much better position to make a run if they had #1 starting and #11 supplementing the offense. Instead of the other way around. It just doesn't make since the way they are doing things. It's working, an has always worked. Until 3rd round of playoffs. 

Both of those kids are for Chorizo, a ned poster on here. I think Fernandez is good when healthy. I don't think he is soft nor do I think he is a true qb. He is a next man up kid and has served his qb role well to me though.

6 minutes ago, Jack Da Rabbit said:

Both of those kids are for Chorizo, a ned poster on here. I think Fernandez is good when healthy. I don't think he is soft nor do I think he is a true qb. He is a next man up kid and has served his qb role well to me though.

Yah I know I know, "he does what the coach asks him to do." That's the point I'm making. He can't ask him to do anything else other than run an throw the flats route! How is that not obvious. So what if he was the next man up, there's a next man up on the side line that can do more for the team than the line backer playing quarterback. 

The only argument for Fernandez being the starter that I've heard is 

1. He's tough and has grit.

2. He's a senior.

3. He does what the coach asks. 

True True and True, but why does that make him the better choice for quarterback? It looks to me like yall know chorizo and don't want to say anything negative about the situation. Your right though, time will tell. It just sucks for the kids that Barrow is satisfied with a couple play off wins and coming home. An I'm not even saying that it would be a forsure thing that they go deep if #1 started, my argument is that he is able to do more with his arm! Which gives another demension to the offense. Which takes some pressure off of the badass running game. Which leads to a more productive offense. They don't need Fernandez running the ball because they have two running backs that can do more than he can with their eyes closed. 

lol,i don't know any of these guys writing on here,i could careless who plays qb,i wanna win,,blaysin can play anywhere,bryce cant,blaysin is a leader,bryce aint,blaysin is vocal and a motivator,bryce aint,he is shy,blaysin has big game experience,bryce doesn't,blaysin is aggressive and Bryce isn't,,Bryce throws a prettier ball,and a better arm,i don't hide anything,i tell them that to their face,i don't sugar coat anything,im not the dad that's gonna lie and say you played good when you sucked,ask em,i don't mind hurting feelings.Bottom line we can all sit in the stands and speculate why on Friday nights,but the coaches have a reason why they do things,they see them everyday at practice,if nederland was a pocket passing team then Bryce is better choice,but when has that been nederlands game plan,i can assure you seay and others weren't pocket passers,just not their thing..so bottom line I could careless what my boys do on Friday nights as long as we win and they have fun doing it,making memories with friends,in the big picture they only have a few games left in em and football will be over forever for them...so with that being said nobody really cares what anybody says,obviously your not playing or coaching in the NFL,so let the players enjoy their high school days with friends!!!